Sign in to follow this  
Cornflake

why does vk suck so much

My my, it's the question of the decade. The holy grail to answering all of life's dilemmas.

The answer to your question is inconclusive because you've already decided your stance on the issue. No matter what anyone says or how anyone approaches your question, you will not concede defeat or agree to disagree. You came to pick a fight on a forum of visual kei fans knowing everyone will react, hoping to incite a flame war. Maybe you like having your jimmies rustled. Maybe you just like sowing discord. Maybe I'm completely wrong and your brusque attitude is just masking a wish to truly understand. But in order to avoid pages full of drama with no concrete resolution, I had to lock this topic. I will not allow the users of Monochrome Heaven to fall to the stereotype of the average Japanese weeaboo. We are better than that.

But I will answer your question, because I feel compelled to leave you with something to think about no matter what your reasons for coming here was.

It is clear to you that visual kei does not offer you what you are looking for. Not all genres of music are for everyone. If you feel that you don't need Japanese men in frilly dresses playing obnoxious power metal, good on you. Continue to listen to whatever floats your boat.

But judging visual kei on the merits of a few bands causes you to miss the larger picture. You can never understand a genre by trying out just a few artists. I'd venture to say that you'll never completely understand a genre if you listen to it for as long as you live. What changes is your perception of what's there - how things you've hated you've come to enjoy and vice versa. Growth and maturity is at the heart of listening to music no matter what it is.

That is why Monochrome Heaven, the center of visual kei and Japanese rock on the internet, can be home to so many people with completely different music tastes from completely different walks of life. We see and accept each others differences even if we can't understand why others like what they do.

But of course you would not know this. I would not expect you to.

Now no one's twisted your arm into coming here and sampling what we have. No one is forcing you to listen to the music that we like to listen to. If you don't like visual kei, you don't like visual kei. We won't hold that against you here. If you have come here to open your mind, or at least try something new before you make a decision, you are more than welcome here. But if you have come to this forum to get off over drama stemming from contrived differences in musical opinions, I can tell you that you'll be better off saving face and leaving. I don't take kindly to people that exist to cause problems.