Jump to content
CAT5

Post your "UNPOPULAR" music opinions!

Recommended Posts

 

- I dont understand what the big deal was about sibilebashir 

 

- Why do bands have amazing looks in the beginning and then fk it up in the next release or others

 

- Why do some bands try to do edgy rap when we all know thats Choke's job XD

 

- Why doesn't ryuoga from razor scream that much during lives as he use to when he was in born. 

 

- Too many ? bands or unknown bands to try to be edgy what started that trend why it is not needed

 

- So many disbands/haitus could have been avoided many times/ *Insert list of band names here* *Cough cough Nocturnal Bloodlust*

 

- Why are some bands underrated (my list): Develop one's faculties, Archenmi, Akaku somatta kioku, SARIGIA, Liphlich, Amai Bouryoku

 

- Why do people talk about the gazette so much when there are other bands that exist. Yea they are good please move on. 

 

- Why was SCHWARZKAIN (シュヴァルツカイン) a thing tokami was fine. Although SCHWARZKAIN had some good stuff.

 

- I hate it when bands not post a best album or last album after a disband or just give 1 song which wasnt that impressive like girugamesh did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really mind the whole no cameras rule at concerts

 

The only time I'd say it's fine is when the band is entering the stage, leaving the stage or is just doing something when they're not playing. I am against people filming during the band playing or at VIP events. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chipathy said:

Idk how unpopular this actually is but I've seen them get clowned around a bit but I really love the last few releases of 12012. XII, the swan, decida of silence I find all stellar 

I agree. They're amazing. The new guitarist really breathed new life into them after that crappy self - titled disasterpiece. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't but think of the people here going through an album's production with a fucking tape measure and a try square looking for some hot takes as utterly ridiculous dilettantes who are on a quest to rate and evaluate everything they come across from dogs to cats to hotdogs and shoehorning them into some system of cosmically applying universal worth, like a senile bookie trying to get one over the plebs of the board that has rigged the game so many times to his own favor that he has come to believe that's how it's supposed to be played. Unsurprisingly this takes place mostly on the threads related to Dir en grey in one way or another, and I hope that one day whoever supplies the audio equipment to these people decides to send them boxes of tapes containing different bass frequencies and one note sounds recorded with different studio presets, so that they can spend the rest of their lives busy with their ear pressed against the speaker being fully content about that crystal clear HQ sound, because god forbid we'd have to see these people writing about music again when they could be spending their parents money on audio jacks and Pepsi instead. Some of the best releases in rock music history sound like they were recorded with an Xbox 360 headset so fuck off already with this shit and go watch the past seasons of american idol on VCR and pretend to be Simon like you really want to.

 

Considering what vk has been doing from X's look to Kiyoharu's simulated hanging on stage to today, I don't think the word edgy has a place in the conversation with any other role than as a praise full of positive connotations only. While some people sure are eager to please and orientate themselves towards the lamestream taste with their hands and knees begging for their family to listen to their shitty japanese music at family gatherings and hand out positive affirmations, the rest ought to know that the only thing that really matters to any autonomous subject is the sincerity of their self-expression and the intellectual integrity that's solely their own. The general impulse of the public is to take the edges out of everything and grind them down into submission and guilt over being "lame" and "embarrassing," so hopefully instead of edgy music the people here can find things with the coarse edges done polished down so smooth that they'll trip and fall on their heads, becoming completely paralysed and unable to use their hands to write anything as stupid as they are in the future. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Disposable said:

I can't but think of the people here going through an album's production with a fucking tape measure and a try square looking for some hot takes as utterly ridiculous dilettantes who are on a quest to rate and evaluate everything they come across from dogs to cats to hotdogs and shoehorning them into some system of cosmically applying universal worth, like a senile bookie trying to get one over the plebs of the board that has rigged the game so many times to his own favor that he has come to believe that's how it's supposed to be played. Unsurprisingly this takes place mostly on the threads related to Dir en grey in one way or another, and I hope that one day whoever supplies the audio equipment to these people decides to send them boxes of tapes containing different bass frequencies and one note sounds recorded with different studio presets, so that they can spend the rest of their lives busy with their ear pressed against the speaker being fully content about that crystal clear HQ sound, because god forbid we'd have to see these people writing about music again when they could be spending their parents money on audio jacks and Pepsi instead. Some of the best releases in rock music history sound like they were recorded with an Xbox 360 headset so fuck off already with this shit and go watch the past seasons of american idol on VCR and pretend to be Simon like you really want to.

 

Considering what vk has been doing from X's look to Kiyoharu's simulated hanging on stage to today, I don't think the word edgy has a place in the conversation with any other role than as a praise full of positive connotations only. While some people sure are eager to please and orientate themselves towards the lamestream taste with their hands and knees begging for their family to listen to their shitty japanese music at family gatherings and hand out positive affirmations, the rest ought to know that the only thing that really matters to any autonomous subject is the sincerity of their self-expression and the intellectual integrity that's solely their own. The general impulse of the public is to take the edges out of everything and grind them down into submission and guilt over being "lame" and "embarrassing," so hopefully instead of edgy music the people here can find things with the coarse edges done polished down so smooth that they'll trip and fall on their heads, becoming completely paralysed and unable to use their hands to write anything as stupid as they are in the future. 

 

 

 

best post of the year. thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spockitty said:

I've spent two days on this forum but I can already tell it's a controversial opinion: I like some of 8P-SB's music :'D 

 

I mean, super star is an abomination but ghost hotel is kinda catchy????? 

Me at first few lines:😠🤬

 

Me at the small print: 👌🏼ghost hotel 👌🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, spockitty said:

I've spent two days on this forum but I can already tell it's a controversial opinion: I like some of 8P-SB's music :'D 

 

I mean, super star is an abomination but ghost hotel is kinda catchy????? 

Same here. Also the lyrics for some of them are cute lol.

 

I think their newer release is better too, though chip tune may not be to everyone's taste. That being said, I never liked mejibray's music but genki's voice change is a loss!!!

 

I guess my unpopular opinion is that I'm glad 8P-SB exists lmao. Genki and koichi seem much happier, for one. Music is sometimes a train wreck, but I'm sure they'll eventually get their shit together (<--another unpopular opinion?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gret said:

Same here. Also the lyrics for some of them are cute lol.

 

I think their newer release is better too, though chip tune may not be to everyone's taste. That being said, I never liked mejibray's music but genki's voice change is a loss!!!

 

I guess my unpopular opinion is that I'm glad 8P-SB exists lmao. Genki and koichi seem much happier, for one. Music is sometimes a train wreck, but I'm sure they'll eventually get their shit together (<--another unpopular opinion?)

Never heard Mejibray, need to get onto that, for science. But I'm confused why do both of them need to sing? I mean, one has clearly a better voice and the other.....well....has a voice?

 

I happen to like chiptune and 8bit so that's probably what got me hooked ^^;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spockitty said:

one has clearly a better voice and the other.....well....has a voice?

 

 

I didn't want to mention that but...yeah...

 

In fact I think one is holding back the other. Would be better to have a singer-instrumentalist duo but it seems like koichi is taking charge of 8P-SB, so 🤷‍♂️

 

 

Wouldn't know which song to rec you for mejibray lol, I only listen to anemone but that's only clean vocals.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2019 at 9:25 AM, secret_no_03 said:

PSC circa 2003-2006 was the best time for the GazettE, MIYAVI, and pretty much every band that was on that label back then.

I'd agree it was when they had the most exposure for sure.

Bands during these years definitely became successes before some of them knew to call it quits 10 years later like Girugamesh, SCREW, -OZ-, and DEATHGAZE.

I'd say Miyavi was lucky asf because he struggles to stay relevant today like Gackt and Hyde but back then they were gods.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

I'd agree it was when they had the most exposure for sure.

Bands during these years definitely became successes before some of them knew to call it quits 10 years later like Girugamesh, SCREW, -OZ-, and DEATHGAZE.

I'd say Miyavi was lucky asf because he struggles to stay relevant today like Gackt and Hyde but back then they were gods.

 

 

I also believe that their music was the best, DISORDER and NIL blow away anything after it and MIYAVIZM and his previous albums were a lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2013 at 11:15 PM, TheBistroButcher666 said:

Just look at Dir en grey's similar artists on Last.fm, all VK bands harharhar.

 

I mean come on, Sadie is a VK band correct? Rentrer en Soi was also a VK band right? Yet they all had vocal training from Kyo or give credit to Kyo personally working with their vocalist to hone their vocal technique. To say that Dir en grey has no connection to VK is hogwash. Just search bandmen blogs and you'll find a post here and there with Toshiya or Kaoru hanging out back stage at some tiny little VK dive gig.

 

Like I dunno, Kaoru and KISAKI chillin.

 

kaoru-n-kisaki-2007.jpg

 

So basically I agree that Dir en grey is still VK-ish. They certainly don't dress up anymore and are very casual but their connection to VK is still there, though more or less indirect.

 

__

 

My controversial opinion is that VK fans don't care about the music.

 

Okay, that statement is more of a joke but there's still some truth behind it. Just face it, most of us were drawn to VK because of how flashy and colorful it is. A lot of us were originally anime fans and VK is basically anime IRL almost. The guys are so colorful, so outrageous looking and are essentially a fantasy character. So it's easy to get into VK when anime was your gateway. That's why I think cosplaying bands, RPing as bandmen and writing fanfiction is so common because that's something that is done in the anime fandom. So seeing it among VK fans really doesn't surprise me and why I don't think it's a bad or weird thing either.

 

So basically when someone claims they don't care about the image at all, yet have entire Last.fm profile full of nothing but VK I call bullshit. There is absolutely no way you don't care about the looks. It's why almost all of us are here in the first.

 

And you know what? Who the fuck cares if that's what drew you in and is your main reason for sticking around. Trying to get on your high horse and claim you are better than everyone else because you don't masturbate to Kamijo every night is more obnoxious and worse than the girls that admit they get off every night to fanart picture of Kamijo molesting HIZAKI. 

 

Anyway, I'm in a hurry and on my phone. I don't think I really explained myself that clearly. I don't mean to say we all want to fuck bandmen but we're all still vane and pretentious so get over yourself and accept that you are just as superficial as the rest of the VK fandom. Deal with it.

I got into Vkei because of DISREIGN (please don't judge) and I admit that I wouldn't have listened to the music if the makeup of until the fade and the name of the band itself weren't that cool. Case in point, AWOKEN BY SILENCE is basically DISREIGN without the vkei aspect and I probably wouldn't have listened to the band itself because of the not-as-original name, so as someone who is just a extremely casual vkei fan, I say you are right at least about people like me

Edited by Fyrnia4Maya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 3:40 PM, Disposable said:

words

 

 

I'll listen to music recorded on a 4 track tape in an outhouse if I like the songs. My issue with DEG is that they actually seem to jump through expensive, time-consuming hoops specifically to make their albums sound shitty. Egregiously fake, soulless sounding drum trigger samples and Death Magnetic-tier compression isn't some romantic case of off-the-cuff, spirit-over-professionalism passion or whatever, it's not fucking lo-fi black metal, it's just good* songs turned into plastic by shitty production/mastering. People here aren't audiophiles for being bugged by distractingly shit sound anymore than you'd be a snobby food critic for not wanting cat litter poured on your spaghetti.

 

* Well, some people seem to think so. I'm a lot more impressed by their 'generic vk' era than their middlebrow Mike Patton-meets-shitty-deathcore era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hopefully_benign said:

I'll listen to music recorded on a 4 track tape in an outhouse if I like the songs. My issue with DEG is that they actually seem to jump through expensive, time-consuming hoops specifically to make their albums sound shitty. Egregiously fake, soulless sounding drum trigger samples and Death Magnetic-tier compression isn't some romantic case of off-the-cuff, spirit-over-professionalism passion or whatever, it's not fucking lo-fi black metal, it's just good* songs turned into plastic by shitty production/mastering. People here aren't audiophiles for being bugged by distractingly shit sound anymore than you'd be a snobby food critic for not wanting cat litter poured on your spaghetti.

 

* Well, some people seem to think so. I'm a lot more impressed by their 'generic vk' era than their middlebrow Mike Patton-meets-shitty-deathcore era.

I don't know if you've someone's alt or have been lurking here for how long exactly, so in case you were not aware I was referencing the way people here write circles around the production of some shitty Japanese mallcore as if dicking around with a few sliders and switches would've made it any different. Even if The Insulated World didn't sound shitty it'd still thoroughly retain it's fundamental essence, which is shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...