CAT5

Post your "UNPOPULAR" music opinions!

All I'm sayin dawg is that some people will out grow certain styles that are no longer flattering on them. Of course some people will age better than others, I did say that right? However those that don't, if they start toning it down and dressing more modestly I just don't hold it against them. Do you want VK to be full of a bunch of Emo Dads

I'm strictly speaking from toning down because of age, not because you got signed to Sony and want to make a bunch of bad pop songs.

Otherwise going back to my first point, really honestly if you want to listen to bands that uphold the whole Gothic/Punk lifestyle and subculture then just don't listen to Visual Kei. 

Except Kamijo. By now I am convinced that he will take that gothic-aristocrat-thing to his grave. XDD

In all fairness though, most vk bands drop the vk image long before just getting too old. Actually most vk bands disband before they get to the point of dropping vk imagery, lol. I can fully understand though that after a few years of needing more time to prepare your makeup for a concert than actually spending time on stage, you want to tone down your visuals. And, since being in a vk band typically doesn't pay your bills, some people may just drop the pink hair in favor of getting a decent job. XD

Except Kamijo. By now I am convinced that he will take that gothic-aristocrat-thing to his grave. XDD

In all fairness though, most vk bands drop the vk image long before just getting too old. Actually most vk bands disband before they get to the point of dropping vk imagery, lol. I can fully understand though that after a few years of needing more time to prepare your makeup for a concert than actually spending time on stage, you want to tone down your visuals. And, since being in a vk band typically doesn't pay your bills, some people may just drop the pink hair in favor of getting a decent job. XD

But he is a vampire, he will live forever. Besides, graves are dirty and too confined.

But he is a vampire, he will live forever. Besides, graves are dirty and too confined.

Actually he is not a vampire. He is just a human, but he plays a vampire sometimes.

Oh I actually know a few visual kei bands which have some "longplayers" in them. Moi Dix Mois or The Piass or anti-feminism for example. Seem to be just fine with their doings although they are in the mids of their 40s already. isn't Yuki from Versailles..ah Jupiter even older than Kamijo?

XD That might be an unpopular opinion as well but... all I can think is:

Older people wearing their alternative clothes even when it's not 'flattering' anymore are awesome!

If you wore them because you didn't give a fuck about what others think you should wear them even more when you're old and saggy.

XD That might be an unpopular opinion as well but... all I can think is:

Older people wearing their alternative clothes even when it's not 'flattering' anymore are awesome!

If you wore them because you didn't give a fuck about what others think you should wear them even more when you're old and saggy.

Not "emo" dads but I've seen some guys who look old with long (grey) hair, tattoos, etc. "metalhead" looks and clothes. Don't forget they all try to have big muscles (even with sagging skin). I am sure some of them are actually not that old. They only look old and wrinkled (thanks to the harsh sun here). Because I see them from time to time, they are so common and no surprise to me. If you don't mention this, I won't ever think of their existence.

It's probably the culture of where I live. Most people don't give a fuck about what they wear at all. Some of them look absolutely terrible, with no sense at all and they don't care. Some of them wear alternative clothing (not always done in a good way) and they don't care either. That applies to people of all ages here. If you think they are awesome, this country is paradise to you. XD

Yet again, old metalheads are probably more acceptable by (Western) society since they try to emphasize the "macho" image. Looking terrible and dirty is acceptable too as long as you are "masculine". As to other types that are not that macho or considered masculine (especially on men), I am not sure whether they are as acceptable here.

Well, that's the internet for you. It pretends to be a place of tolerance and personal freedom, but the collective hive of the internet is actually rather small-minded, conformist and reactionary.

Either you conform to a very narrow ideal of appearance and conduct - or you're meme material.

lol i have no idea if this above goes for me too lololol

my main problem starts with the condition of your mind and not whether /if you look good or not. usually appearance reveals that.

but for all i know you could be the most interesting person in the world and look ridiculous.
then look as you want.it doesn't matter.
but if you are 50 and still want same things as a 20 year old.or your mind haven't changed since you were 16.
 call me conformist if you want but this is terrible and for pity

my argument was about change and not about my fashion sense

Tbqh there are plenty of ugly VK guys, but you just don't see that because they wear so many layers of make-up. Also Yoshiki is the result of many botox injections probably so he doesn't count in my book. You don't have to be a model to do VK, the make-up will do it all for you.

Seriously. Nobody here would openly mock a person for showing signs of age, being overweight  or simply not having been born good-looking- and think that behaviour is acceptable, right?

Then why should it suddenly change when the person in question is wearing nonconformist clothes?

Why do you have to be either young, beautiful or famous to wear certain things?

I'm not saying I never make fun of other people. Or other peoples clothing style, if they suck at it. It's just that I don't get why there should be something like an ~unwritten rule~

Tbqh there are plenty of ugly VK guys, but you just don't see that because they wear so many layers of make-up. Also Yoshiki is the result of many botox injections probably so he doesn't count in my book. You don't have to be a model to do VK, the make-up will do it all for you.

beata3.jpg

no Sai, ugly and vkei cannot happen at the same time

Unpopular opinion #457 I don’t think Deluhi is/was that great of a band. I don’t get all the hype surrounding their music. I think they had some okay/good songs which I enjoyed, I just don’t get all the praise the band gets, especially on this forum. Is it because they were a fairly decent vk band and the majority of other vk bands were so crappy that they made Deluhi sound amazing by comparison and lead to their music being overhyped? I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case, which I believe also happened when Mejibary came along. Although Mejibary have been getting better. 

Anyway,  Leda was probably the best part of Deluhi and he definitely raised the bar for other vk guitarists, but I find the band to just be decent. They never put out anything amazing or what I would expect from advanced players/composers to put out. I feel the parts were greater than its sum when it comes to this band. So yeah, I can’t share the OMG Deluhi was so amazing they should get back together mentality.

I remember wanting to reply to this thread after reading it a couple of times, and I now know what I have to say with my unpopular opinion, since I had typed up one of them similar in another thread. (Hoping replying to a none-lit thread is okay..) So the first is, I guess, liking Yohio and Seremedy. I've read a lot of responses and opinions on them, but I can't help but enjoy the music and vocals even if they're a foreign music act. The other one I can think of right now is liking vocalists who aren't exactly skilled in singing at all (for example, Tokami's Agato and singer Kana), actually preferring them over a lot of the more experienced/recognised artists. I know it's about personal taste, but I suspected fans/listeners would prefer a vocalist who could hit notes and be listenable the majority of the time. xD

I don't really care about 凛, especially their new "second era" or whatever it's called. I heard the previews for everything they've put out this year, and none of it has captured my interest. However, I haven't deleted any of the UNDER CODE era stuff that's on my computer, and I'm still willing to give it a chance. I've heard Independent MAZE a few times, and there are some really good songs there, but apart from that, there's nothing mind blowing in their discography, and not a whole lot that can keep my interest.

There, I said it.

Also, the only stuff I really liked from GALEYD were their instrumental tracks (such as the op songs from the 2012 singles).

Also, the only stuff I really liked from GALEYD were their instrumental tracks (such as the op songs from the 2012 singles).

Agreed! I love Precious Heart and the op songs but the rest are sooooooo booooooring!

The visual kei power metal scene went to shit in the early/mid 90's, and since the release of X-Japan's Art of Life I can't think of a single good release as far as visual kei power metal goes. I obviousy haven't heard them all, but you've got bands such as Jupiter, Kamijo, Versailles, Hizaki Grace Project, Megaromania, Ruzia, Aldious and Candy Drugers and they're all so fucking bad. It's a shame no one's going for the sound X Japan went for with Vanishing Vision and, to some degree at least, Blue Blood. That mix of semi-raw speed metal and power metal.

^ SEX VIRGIN KILLER are a bit like that (tho kinda weak in the vocals department xD):

But yeah, haven't heard many decent bearable heavy/power stuff, excluding some X songs and maybe a few Versailles tracks (speaking of the vk scene of course).

Yeah, I know, and I actually thought about mentioning them as the only decent band I could think of. But the vocals are pretty annoying so I decided not too. But musically they're often spot on with their thrashy power/speed metal.

^ I was going to reply with a sarcastic comment but then I thought, better not, since I don't want it to come off as being rude when it's just a joke. >< Anyway, I'll post another 'unpopular opinion,' which, I'm guessing is unpopular, seeing as how popular these artists are. I listen to them sometimes, but I can't understand why/how they're so popular or famous; X Japan and Miyavi (and a couple of other populars but I don't want to be a hater xD). I know, I know, preferences and personal tastes, and seeing as how they were such influencial music acts.. it's just, yeah, I don't know, I guess I can't get into them as much as others. I bought What's My Name by Miyavi and it's the only album I've regretted getting.. >.< Just because of his vocals I mean, and I know I say I always love a vocalist who isn't that great at singing but I just couldn't enjoy the album for some reason, apart from the instrumental parts (he is a fabulous guitarist, no doubt about that!).. On another note, Yoshiki definitely isn't helping me fall for X Japan haha. xD I should give them another listen actually, probably change my mind if I listen a lot more and to their classics.. Too much hating from me at the moment, sorry sorry, shutting up

Scratch out all that bs!! I knew I'm always wrong. xD Already like his indies work, why'd he change style so much? Again, so much learning I'm in for. Ignore any more posts from me lol. Loads of old works by musicians I must listen to now.

I listen to them sometimes, but I can't understand why/how they're so popular or famous; X Japan and Miyavi (and a couple of other populars but I don't want to be a hater xD)...I bought What's My Name by Miyavi and it's the only album I've regretted getting.. >.<[/i]

That's your problem. Go listen to a better album and then you'll see what fans saw in him a few years ago. I suggest Miyaviuta~Dokusou~, Galyuu, or even Miyavizm.