CAT5

Post your "UNPOPULAR" music opinions!

I just don't see the point of shipping, specially when it's real life people. Like... Uruha is married and probably Aoi too. It's never gonna happen.

But to each their own,  I'd just like to understand what's the purpose of doing it.

fanfic and fanart are easier to take on and understand imo than this craze of dying for people you ship and doxxing anyone who says otherwise. 

Edited by Platy

15 hours ago, Biopanda said:

SMH if you don't ship MH members

I used to XD

14 hours ago, itsukoii said:

as long as ur shipping responsibly and not obsessively and not getting deep in the bandoman's business by tweeting him constantly/DMing him and/or his "husbando" ,

One thing is having fun and fantazising and another is obsessing insanely and dangerously.

I actually REALLY wish Ruiza was married and had a lovely girl taking care of him, but I ship him with Asagi anyways, cuz they seem to beg for it.

It's like shipping JohnLock, even though John is married to Mary.

Can we ship Keiju and the cat?

Edited by Komorebi

6 hours ago, Komorebi said:

I used to XD

One thing is having fun and fantazising and another is obsessing insanely and dangerously.

I actually REALLY wish Ruiza was married and had a lovely girl taking care of him, but I ship him with Asagi anyways, cuz they seem to beg for it.

It's like shipping JohnLock, even though John is married to Mary.

Can we ship Keiju and the cat?

You may, but make sure to include the fact that Keiju is very tsundere.

Fanfic is really really freaking weird; So is shipping; It's Also pointless, but playing Overwatch is aswell, and people don't seem to judge me because of it, so each fun to its own, I guess.

The weakest link of Sukekiyo is the man himself. His voice really undermines some fucking great instrumentals...

Edited by chemicalpictures

Closer by the Chainsmokers sucks. 

F*ck, everything by them just f*cking sucks. I thought their song "Selfie" was just a joke.. turns out, "We ain't never getting older" repeated 848639751937567417^10*485018589 (A number so big, it's in scientific notation) times is not a joke, and it's authentically repetitive, generic trash. 

And the general public eats that sh*t up! I don't see what's so appealing about a bunch of autotuned guys saying the same double negative in an amount so big, it, it has to be in Scientific notation.

Then again, it's pop music. Why am I annoyed if I don't even listen to it? Because IT'S EVERYWHERE. Everywhere I go, I hear that same song. How does it not get old for people? 

Am I just a "goth" person who only listens to trash, or am I the only one with a brain that gets annoyed with monotony? 

To be honest, I had to check out what song is that. I mean, I probably heard it, but I instantly forgot it. Maybe it's the same for other people and that's how they can listen to it? Or maybe they are writing somewhere about their hate for that song just like you? xD

I'm not a big fan of pop music in general. Sometimes there is a song I like but that's all.

But repeating one line in a song so many times it breaks the math  really is irritating. ._.

1 hour ago, ShTon said:

To be honest, I had to check out what song is that. I mean, I probably heard it, but I instantly forgot it. Maybe it's the same for other people and that's how they can listen to it? Or maybe they are writing somewhere about their hate for that song just like you? xD

I'm not a big fan of pop music in general. Sometimes there is a song I like but that's all.

But repeating one line in a song so many times it breaks the math  really is irritating. ._.

From what I've heard from others, all I've heard is worship, and it's on every station so every shop I go into, it's blaring in all of our ears. 

I know it sounds selfish to complain about it, but goddamn is it everywhere, and I have to let out my distaste for it somewhere xD

17 hours ago, AimiGen7 said:

Closer by the Chainsmokers sucks. 

F*ck, everything by them just f*cking sucks. I thought their song "Selfie" was just a joke.. turns out, "We ain't never getting older" repeated 848639751937567417^10*485018589 (A number so big, it's in scientific notation) times is not a joke, and it's authentically repetitive, generic trash. 

And the general public eats that sh*t up! I don't see what's so appealing about a bunch of autotuned guys saying the same double negative in an amount so big, it, it has to be in Scientific notation.

Then again, it's pop music. Why am I annoyed if I don't even listen to it? Because IT'S EVERYWHERE. Everywhere I go, I hear that same song. How does it not get old for people? 

Am I just a "goth" person who only listens to trash, or am I the only one with a brain that gets annoyed with monotony? 

never listened to the chainsmokers but i thought for a loooong time they were an indie band until i actually went on their wiki page one day 

Edited by seurong

23 minutes ago, seurong said:

never listened to the chainsmokers but i thought for a loooong time they were an indie band until i actually went on their wiki page one day 

All I've heard about them is how they blocked a fan on Twitter, for saying they only make music, so they can get to meet models.

29 minutes ago, AimiGen7 said:

From what I've heard from others, all I've heard is worship, and it's on every station so every shop I go into, it's blaring in all of our ears. 

I know it sounds selfish to complain about it, but goddamn is it everywhere, and I have to let out my distaste for it somewhere xD

Some people worship really boring  music these days. xD

6 minutes ago, ShTon said:

Some people worship really boring  music these days. xD

I mean, most pop music is boring anyway, since that's only what the labels will throw money at because it's less risky in the long run, but I had no idea honestly it'd get this low xD. Part of me feels elitist, but at least I'm not like other people and I acknowledge it's valid music. May be ear raping music, but still music. (It's kind of like with all the art that's being made these days. I may not like it, but I'll defend it's status as art because, art can be found in anything and there is always some loophole xD.)

Plus, the general public (Especially in my ultra religious area) would call my music "sinful", so I guess on both sides, me and the general public are even xD

I also agree w/ the other ppl here who think writing fanfiction about real people is fucking weird & kind of creepy 

i kind of dont rly see the point of fanfic in general anymore these days tbh, like, just focus yr creative energy on trying to write something original instead of leeching off other ppl's creations and totally derailing them???

i disagree wrt fanfic in general but fanfic of Real People has always been a step too far for me. just... eeeeek

J-rock fanfic and rp creeps me out too. Imagine some stranger sitting in their basement writing about you and your friends, making headcanons like they live inside of your mind and know how you'd feel or react to things and essentially reducing you to a fictional character instead of a real person. Which is what bandmen are. Real people, idealized or not.  It doesn't matter if their vk persona is so over the top that it's almost cartoonish--I don't think that gives people the right to do this. Those "J-rock scenarios" written in 2nd person that are basically self-insert smut fanfics with your favorite bandman deserve a mention as well. Why not keep that to yourself?

Edited by Zalemu

here's some more:

- i kind of resent the fact that goatbed seems to have turned into 'le yaoi visual novel band' in many people's eyes in recent years & nothing more

- i'm not sure how unpopular this one is, but i really don't feel gossip at all. i feel like that one [vanilla] band (or w/e their name was, idr) did that whole *listens to old gazette ONCE* """""homage"""""(ripoff) thing better

- tribute bands/cover bands are generally fucking useless. unless they actually put some sort of twist on the original, i'd rather just... stick to the original, boi

- there are only like 6 genuinely good shironuri style bands i can think of, for all the others it feels like people mostly seem to like them solely based on rarez cred

- not sure how unpopular this one is at this point in time either, but i feel like vk should stray more into math rock/post-rock/shoegaze/idm/hip-hop & other territories that are 'unconventional' for the scene. i'm 100% sure a lot of people would shit on it because 'muh screams' or 'muh symphonic metal,'  but it'd be a breath of fresh air... (imagine a vk country band or something lmao)

since i guess this is becoming an unpopular opinion:

-gossip are good

-gossip are better than grieva

marco is the best cover band, hands down

they'll never reach the lengths of Merry, but their music does them justice

Edited by sheepprincessgara