CAT5

Post your "UNPOPULAR" music opinions!

R Shitei hasn't been really special since like 2012 (and that's saying a lot, coming from a former R Shitty fangirl) and Mamo honestly just needs to like, stop. I'd rather him fade into the void.

On 5/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, Ameyoru said:

The Gazette is only that famous bc of Kuroshitsuji

Honestly, I'd say the TOXIC era played a BIG role in the birth of the new/current generation of VK fans, solely by this song being in that anime.

After the concert the other day and seeing the fans and hearing their little knowledge of the scene itself,  this statement is very accurate.

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

I don't like all oshare kei, but it's not inherently bad at all and can be extraordinary at times. I have nothing against it.

Early Oshare Kei was actually pretty goth and unique. An Cafe, Aile, and Lolita 23q were pretty good imo. LM.C was ok too.

edit: forgot about baroque and ayabie my god 🤦‍♂️

16 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

Honestly, I'd say the TOXIC era played a BIG role in the birth of the new/current generation of VK fans, solely by this song being in that anime.

After the concert the other day and seeing the fans and hearing their little knowledge of the scene itself,  this statement is very accurate.

It's true that there exist GazettE fans who don't really know much about VK, but I don't actually think that's such a bad thing in itself. I've heard a lot of people saying they don't like when people only like one VK band and don't know much about any others, but so what? Maybe they don't want to be a part of the VK fandom as a whole. Of course, it is kind of annoying when people claim to be huge VK fans who know everything about loads of bands when they really don't, but even that's something I can turn a blind eye to. It's not like it's the worst thing in the world, and they might just be newcomers who have a lot to discover but don't yet know it. We all started somewhere, after all.

On 7/8/2016 at 7:51 PM, itsukoii said:

i hated stacked rubbish besides filth in the beauty. dogma and undying are my top faves but i can't stand anything else by the gazette tbh

btw i like mia

seeing this post nearly 3 years later has blown my fuckin mind. How the turns have tabled.

Out of all the bands I see get hard on's over, llll-Ligro- has not received the notoriety that I believe they deserve simply for their unique sound. Hinata and Kazari composed the fuck out of their music , it was a shame that no one praises them as much as other unoriginal, uninspired, generic ass bands. like for example Verxina (I like them too okay so don't get too offended) announces an album and everyone flips their shit, llll-Ligro- announced Tomurai and people were like, oh..okay. Which in turn would've turned out way better than Kyouten. 

On 5/9/2019 at 10:38 PM, Neigedesmannes said:

1) Gazette atleast during Stacked Rubbish-Toxic era is the Nickelback of visual kei

2) I never got MUCC's appeal

3) Madman Esprit's singer is an edgelord(...coming from a Kyo fan)

4) Inoran is a very underrated guitarist

1) Respectfully disagree. While Toxic is a good album, I personally would not rank it higher than let's say Dogma (Idk lol). Stacked Rubbish IMO is The Gazette's best album but I respect your opinion. Also, "The Nickleback of VK", really? 🙄

2) Never heard of MUCC. Are they good? Might check em out sometime soon

3) YES! ABSOLUTELY YES! I remember someone asked him on Instagram about what cigs he smoked and he replied "The ones that kill me" (Idk. I'm paraphrasing here lol) and he did a whole rant on Instagram about how KPOP is funded from a "fascist government" and a bunch of other BS. I legit rolled my eyes and was like "HoLy FuCk yOuR eDgY". While I do enjoy Madman's Esprit's music, I absolutely can't stand Kyuhoo's 14-year-old edgelord attitude.

4) Definitely! While Sugizo is an amazing guitarist, Iroran is an amazing one too. I often compare him to Pata from X Japan, who himself is underrated

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

2 hours ago, The Moon said:

Bands usually improve when they sign to a major label. 

For me I've felt it's always the exact opposite. They become boring and generic in sound. Maybe the composition becomes smoother and more refined but feels like something has gone missing.

19 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

3) YES! ABSOLUTELY YES! I remember someone asked him on Instagram about what cigs he smoked and he replied "The ones that kill me" (Idk. I'm paraphrasing here lol) and he did a whole rant on Instagram about how KPOP is funded from a "fascist government" and a bunch of other BS. I legit rolled my eyes and was like "HoLy FuCk yOuR eDgY". While I do enjoy Madman's Esprit's music, I absolutely can't stand Kyuhoo's 14-year-old edgelord attitude.

And not to mention the lyrics are absolutely whack. Like they actually have been written by a 14 year old.... haha.

6 hours ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

And not to mention the lyrics are absolutely whack. Like they actually have been written by a 14 year old.... haha.

Lol I always was like "Jesus some 14 year old atheist wrote these lyrics XD". Honestly, even for someone who listens to edgy music, I could feeeel the edge in Madman's Esprit songs. Like, Kyuhoo is edgier than an emo kids razor blades LOL

On 5/10/2019 at 6:38 PM, Aferni said:

Out of all the bands I see get hard on's over, llll-Ligro- has not received the notoriety that I believe they deserve simply for their unique sound. Hinata and Kazari composed the fuck out of their music , it was a shame that no one praises them as much as other unoriginal, uninspired, generic ass bands. like for example Verxina (I like them too okay so don't get too offended) announces an album and everyone flips their shit, llll-Ligro- announced Tomurai and people were like, oh..okay. Which in turn would've turned out way better than Kyouten. 

I was going to cover this in a separate post later, but I think the reason why no one cares about IIII-Ligro- is because Tomurai was never released. They were good, but as a jaded and seasoned fan I wait until a band's first album before I start activating the hype thrusters. IIII-Ligro- ended activities just as things were getting good.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:55 PM, The Moon said:

Most of my favorite Lynch. songs are from their major era. The same goes for the GazettE. 

Its a bit of a process at first however.

11 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

Most of my favorite Lynch. songs are from their major era. The same goes for the GazettE. 

Its a bit of a process at first however.

Totally agree with you on both accounts. I Believe In Me is such a great major album! 

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

I was going to cover this in a separate post later, but I think the reason why no one cares about IIII-Ligro- is because Tomurai was never released. They were good, but as a jaded and seasoned fan I wait until a band's first album before I start activating the hype thrusters. IIII-Ligro- ended activities just as things were getting good.

They have a first album though, it's IDEALOGICAL SUICIDE.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:55 PM, The Moon said:

D - BIRTH ❤️❤️❤️ 

While they certainly have very good songs, Dir en grey are highly overrated.

Also very unpopular I guess

MEJIBRAY's cover of cage is as good as the original

On 5/14/2019 at 6:35 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

1) Respectfully disagree. While Toxic is a good album, I personally would not rank it higher than let's say Dogma (Idk lol). Stacked Rubbish IMO is The Gazette's best album but I respect your opinion. Also, "The Nickleback of VK", really? 🙄

2) Never heard of MUCC. Are they good? Might check em out sometime soon

4) Definitely! While Sugizo is an amazing guitarist, Iroran is an amazing one too. I often compare him to Pata from X Japan, who himself is underrated

1) Ok maybe not nickelback 😅 i don't mean like they're bad like that but rather they're often the first band people listen to that gets them into the kind of music, and sometimes people are only familiar with this one band while not interested into digging deeper into the whole genre. I'd say Metallica is a better comparison. 

2) They have a couple of good songs i like, like saishuu ressha. 

3) LOL i dont even like k-pop but i just had to laugh at that statement. And the whole 'i will die instead of you' thing does sound like a quote my 15 year-old self would share. 

4) Yep! Ino and pata may not be as "flashy" as Sugizo and Hide, but i think they're all at the core at what made the bands successful and amazing.

Here’s mine: I actually like Yoshiki

Yes I know, his ego is huge, he puts off the new album a lot blah blah blah

But you gotta commend the dude. Without him, X Japan would not have become the band it is now and VK would not have been as big.

It sucks that people tend to forget that Yoshiki did a lot of charity work for many good causes such as the 2011 tsunami. If his ego is really big as people say he has, then he wouldn't do stuff like this. I think people just tend to forget that

And here comes the anti-fans...

Edited by psychonnect_rozen
Added Info

3 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

But you gotta commend the dude. Without him, X Japan would not have become the band it is now and VK would not have been as big.

It sucks that people tend to forget that Yoshiki did a lot of charity work for many good causes such as the 2011 tsunami. If his ego is really big as people say he has, then he wouldn't do stuff like this. I think people just tend to forget that

I also like Yoshiki, but I think you’re way off saying that he can’t have a huge ego since he did charity work. Donating a lot of money non-anonymously is a great way to get everyone talking about you and how great you are....

On 5/18/2019 at 3:18 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

I’ve loved Yoshiki since I was twelve years old and didn’t even know what Visual Kei was. So that’s almost fifteen years now. He was one of my first inspirations both musically as well as personally and he still is. I can’t think of him as anything other than an amazing human being who loves everything and everyone around him while enduring so much hardship. 

I don’t get why so many people have such a big mouth about everything he does while they wouldn’t even think twice about listening to X or anything related. Why complain about an album that’s being postponed when all they’ll do is complain about how much like garbage it is eventually.