CAT5

Post your "UNPOPULAR" music opinions!

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, Kira_Uchiha said:

VK has become as stale as metalcore/deathcore, just a bunch of bands copying each other with sub-par vocalists and bland songwriting. Still found a few good bands thanks to some of your recommendations.

Well idk if this is an unpopular opinion now.

1. *Metalcore.
  2. Bands have always been coping each other Baiser  to Rentrer en Soi, DeathGaze to Awoi Ect. Like kotei kei, nu metal kei, Metal kei same tired riffs crappy unclean vocals and or clean vocals and or crappy compositions most of the time.
  3. yet i still found the piass from the 90's (i guess aliene ma'riage too, i should checkout Neil and Penicillin too), Paradeis, Joker/Screw, Metis gretal, LM.C, Sadie(the Thirteen) -OZ- from 2000's,  and D'ual, Gremlins (heavy ones), Birth of Sixx, Raddock, Sick2, blitz, mejibray, virge from 10's.  Vexent and Sick. are nice too

Post indie "lynch." fans I'm sorry you exist. I actually still listen to all of their albums at least once but shit is generic af and just sounds like white noise to me. Absolutely nothing memorable to me after "SHADOWS". Also even though "A GLEAM IN EYE"  and "JUDGEMENT" are indie singles this is when I began to dislike their musical direction.

*shots fired

funny-celebrity-pictures-wild-wild-west.

Edited by Mamo

- While their songs don't contain the best compositions nor vocals, MEJIBRAY is fun to just casually listen to.

- The tone of Aki's (アルルカン/Arlequin's vocalist) voice is pleasant to listen to despite him lacking the singing technique most VK vocalists use.

- While not fans of them at all, I don't mind the gaijins attempting to make themselves and their careers geared towards VK. Ignoring the fact gaijins are... well, white and not Japanese, their voices typically have the same quality (ex: YOHIO).

- DADAROMA is an absolute joke and THIS IS "LIVE" confirmed that further with the obnoxious tracks both the A and B side consist of.

- I enjoy ペンタゴン/pentagon's music despite the bandmen not being visually appealing in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, ahnchc said:

I enjoy ペンタゴン/pentagon's music despite the bandmen not being visually appealing in the slightest.

I agree on this one. They are a band to listen to, not to look at. Chizuru has a very pleasant voice and Atsuki is a really good drummer.

8 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I agree on this one. They are a band to listen to, not to look at. Chizuru has a very pleasant voice and Atsuki is a really good drummer.

I think so as well. I'm always reminded of how good Atsuki is at drumming when watching them live.

I think the rest of the members have a lot of potential too. Their capabilities are most displayed in 真昼間は別の顔, グッド・バイ, and ドラマ in my opinion! I think Minpha's bass really shines in all of the named tracks and we get to hear more of Taku and Yutori's guitar playing in ドラマ!

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, Mamo said:

Post indie "lynch." fans I'm sorry you exist. I actually still listen to all of their albums at least once but shit is generic af and just sounds like white noise to me. Absolutely nothing memorable to me after "SHADOWS". Also even though "A GLEAM IN EYE"  and "JUDGEMENT" are indie singles this is when I began to dislike their musical direction.

*shots fired

funny-celebrity-pictures-wild-wild-west.

wow............................................. +1-ish  

Edited by blackdoll

I don’t understand the appeal behind novelty acts like Golden Bomber. Why even bother releasing physical music releases if the performers aren’t the original musicians? And why buy it (looking at you, Japan)? It kind of reminds me of that “California Raisins” tape that my parents bought for me when I was five.

2 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

I don’t understand the appeal behind novelty acts like Golden Bomber. Why even bother releasing physical music releases if the performers aren’t the original musicians? And why buy it (looking at you, Japan)? It kind of reminds me of that “California Raisins” tape that my parents bought for me when I was five.

That's why I don't buy Kidz Bop.

3 hours ago, GreatNorthernVK said:

I would buy a PV compilation DVD though, their stuff is HILARIOUS.

Also, buying physical releases = instore tickets for M&G and stuff. It would make sense people actually in Japan would buy them.

6 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

People saying Lime proved he has range in this latest Kizu single, and I'm like, ma dudes WHERE?

he's like full C5 Tenor all the freakin time, it's borderline maddening

i'm a sucker for what he CAN do, but it's true that it hasn't changed much from their first single. plus when i saw them live i could barely hear his low notes, although it looked like he was really trying. could be the equipment going wonky though.

On 4/2/2018 at 9:01 AM, Zeus said:

Dir en grey is still visual kei.

+1 Again since Ghoul Tour 2013 imo If sukekiyo wasn't enough 

Bands (ESPECIALLY vk bands) should stop trying to punch above their weight class trying to release albums that are like almost an hour long, better just trim the fat and obvious filler and stick with the material that's actually solid instead

On 2/15/2018 at 5:39 PM, blackdoll said:
  1. Sick²  took Aicle.'s spot. Sure Aicle was more wild while Sick²  is more High-brow.
  2. They are low key the best active VK band

sick2 are one of the most underrated bands on here...they're fucking amazing

48 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Dunno if its unpopular, but its an opinion nevertheless

The tracks 'Ju te veux' and 'S-Conscious' on the Malice Mizer album merveilles are pointless filler that serve no other purpose 

Haha, I always thought it seemed out of place but I had bought the album specifically because S-Conscious was in a tie for my 1st or 2nd favorite track on it.