CAT5

Post your "UNPOPULAR" music opinions!

11 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Schwarz Stein sounds like La Bouche

you're saying that like it's a bad thing~!

4 minutes ago, IGM_Oficial said:

Hanafugetsu is better than Wagakki band.

YES! So is CrowXClass (Kurona's old band, which actually presented themselves as an actual Vkei band)

I also notice Yuko sounds way better in Hanafugetsu. Probably because it's an indie project, and so they don't put the insane amount of production on her vocals, so you hear a more natural voice. I mean, in Wagakki band, they give her more production than I've seen on some Jpop Idols, and that says a lot

2 minutes ago, sheepprincessgara said:

what the fuck is djent??? screamo music with a layer of diarrhea on it???

Djent is supposed to be a form of progressive metal based on rhythm, but is mostly joked about for having "000000000000" notes. Some Djent bands can get pretty shitty, but some, such as Animals as Leaders, which has Jazz influence, are actually pretty good.

I should know, my girlfriend is an AAL and Messhuggah fan

Not sure if this is actually an unpopular opinion, but I'll state it anyways.

I believe that on The Gazette's album 'NIL', 'Namaatatakai ame to zaratsuita jounetsu' is the best song on the album, it's so, so catchy and I find it's the song on NIL that stuck out to me most, along with Taion. However, I find that this song is very often overlooked and ignored, not just in terms of NIL, but in all of the gazette's discography, this song is forgotten about by many imo, it deserves more love!

39 minutes ago, TheZigzagoon said:

Not sure if this is actually an unpopular opinion, but I'll state it anyways.

I believe that on The Gazette's album 'NIL', 'Namaatatakai ame to zaratsuita jounetsu' is the best song on the album, it's so, so catchy and I find it's the song on NIL that stuck out to me most, along with Taion. However, I find that this song is very often overlooked and ignored, not just in terms of NIL, but in all of the gazette's discography, this song is forgotten about by many imo, it deserves more love!

I'll confirm it. I find it such an obnoxious song, I've listened to it through the end twice I think. 

all these kote-kote revival bands do nothing for me: grieva, la'veil mizeria, crucifioxion, etc - like they're not trying to anything new with the sound ? ? it just feels inauthentic 

1 hour ago, The Moon said:

like they're not trying to anything new with the sound ? ?

Which is something that goes for what, 80-90% of all rock, punk and metal bands currently active, and is something that can be said for 80-90% of all rock, punk and metal bands over the past 20-25 years.

Kind of wish LAB. THE BASEMENT would start making new music again, or that Ao would start up some other solo side-project. His voice is rather unique and I feel like he could deliver some more (post-)punk / new wave-inspired goodness, but at this point I feel like he's comfortable enough just sticking to cali gari.

DALLE is fucking garbage and they have literally 1 (one) good song

dummy-xD are INCREDIBLY slept on (even tho their vocalist seems to have the same helium dealer as Yumesleep's one)

8 hours ago, Tokage said:

Kind of wish LAB. THE BASEMENT would start making new music again, or that Ao would start up some other solo side-project. His voice is rather unique and I feel like he could deliver some more (post-)punk / new wave-inspired goodness, but at this point I feel like he's comfortable enough just sticking to cali gari.

Agreed with all of this.

On 15/07/2017 at 5:28 PM, sheepprincessgara said:

i love merry to DEATH, but zetsubou & chiyudasen democracy are their worst songs, i s2fg

Disagree about 絶望, I like that song. As for Chiyoda line, I used to love it when NO SMART first came out (as I loved every track), but it doesn't really hold up anymore... at least not when you listen to it in the context of the full album.

imo that Zombie Paradise song is among the bottom tier for NO SMART, it just does nothing for me and I tend to skip it... same goes w/ Unreachable Voice. I like both Zetsubou and Chiyoda line though, by contrast. I do think the PV for the latter is absolute garbage tho lmao

Edited by Tokage

In the spirit of rekindling the fuck out of my past relationship with sadie.

Meteor, red line > Rosario, Madara the worst A sides. The reparativeness of the track is tiring, like k-pop's Sugar Free by T-ara , like shut up already. Also if you actually know that Rosario is Mourou's (red line 3rd track) backwarsh like Megaromania and Megaromania 2.0 (some call them lin) were Metis Gretal's backwarsh. 

Edited by blackdoll

On 2017-07-17 at 4:02 AM, Tokage said:

dummy-xD are INCREDIBLY slept on (even tho their vocalist seems to have the same helium dealer as Yumesleep's one)

FUCCCKKKKKKKK

On 7/17/2017 at 3:02 AM, Tokage said:

JFC I KNOW THEY'RE SO INCREDIBLE EVERYONE GOTTA CATCH THE WAVE

On 7/17/2017 at 4:02 AM, Tokage said:

I friggin' LOVE Ryo but Dalle is utter shit.

I can't like kote kei revival bands. Or old kote kei bands. Badly recorded screaming nonsense with no appealing element to make up for it is a nope for me.

3 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

I can't like kote kei revival bands. Or old kote kei bands. Badly recorded screaming nonsense with no appealing element to make up for it is a nope for me.

I have a hard-on for kotekei bands, but this screaming nonsense has always annoyed me, with old and newer bands.

That's why it's hard for me to like La'veil Mizeria because their discography mainly consists of this or 10 second intros in a 2-track single. :/

3 minutes ago, sheepprincessgara said:

I have a hard-on for kotekei bands, but this screaming nonsense has always annoyed me, with old and newer bands.

That's why it's hard for me to like La'veil Mizeria because their discography mainly consists of this or 10 second intros in a 2-track single. :/

I can dig the screaming if it has impresive instrumentals or a really nice clear voice in between said screaming, but it's not really La'Veil's case and most of their songs are -2 min. worth of pure noise. Or self covers. So disappointing. 

On 7/16/2017 at 9:28 AM, sheepprincessgara said:

i love merry to DEATH, but zetsubou & chiyudasen democracy are their worst songs, i s2fg

I love Chiyoda-sen. ^^ It's got so much energy and I feel happy when I listen to it. 

Plus the furitsuke is a lot of fun!

On 2017/5/15 at 1:20 AM, frozen_bug said:

Kamijo's voice during his time in Lareine was just obnoxious, dude was singing like a whole octave higher.

I agree his voice has improved a lot over the years, but the major autotuning on much of Kamijo's work post-Lareine is a real turn off sometimes imho. 

You can really see the improvement in his voice comparing the two:

But so much of the passion Kamijo and other other members had in Lareine is now gone. (On another note I'm really upset I wasn't able to go to this live since Machi was my favorite Lareine member. :/)