CAT5

Post your "UNPOPULAR" music opinions!

Hate to admit it, but Yeti is getting progressively worse with every new release. At this rate, we will reach the bottom of the barrel in no time!

Apart from a couple of nice songs I don't see, and have never seen, what's so great about Gazette. Same for Mejibray. 420 was a decent album, THE END was up my alley but I can't get into anything else. I don't understand the Dadaroma hype. And finally,  Nocturnal Bloodlust probably wouldn't have half the amount of fans they do now if the members actually wore clothes. The thirst in that fandom is real.

On 12-1-2017 at 2:38 AM, Komorebi said:

I don't get what's so great about brutal bands.

childhood is idealizing brutal music.... adulthood is realizing that we are all slowly wasting away second by second, destined to die, and the universe will not shed a tear.... i mean ART KEI IS LIFE

This trend of recycling aything and everything is honestly pretty annoying. Whether it's some forgotten track somebody decided to turn into dubstep (like Return of the Mac) or slapping together two relatively popular tunes. Kinda proves the statement that everybody can make music these days. :P

3 hours ago, PsychoΔelica said:

This trend of recycling aything and everything is honestly pretty annoying. Whether it's some forgotten track somebody decided to turn into dubstep (like Return of the Mac) or slapping together two relatively popular tunes. Kinda proves the statement that everybody can make music these days. :P

I agree, I don't think that's unpopular actually.

I don't get all the hype RAZOR is getting either, I found they pretty average.

Edited by len

On 1/13/2017 at 7:04 PM, Zalemu said:

Nocturnal Bloodlust probably wouldn't have half the amount of fans they do now if the members actually wore clothes. The thirst in that fandom is real.

They wouldn't have half the fans if they stayed as a strictly deathcore band. As much as I dig them, there's a good chance I wouldn't have found out about em if they didn't switch over to VK. 

1 hour ago, Ro plz said:

They wouldn't have half the fans if they stayed as a strictly deathcore band. As much as I dig them, there's a good chance I wouldn't have found out about em if they didn't switch over to VK. 

True that XD

First time listening to this LACK-CO., and probably my last.

The lack of sync between the singer and the rest of the band, and the fact that he's tone deaf, make me cringe real bad.

At least it's not as bad as KRAD.

Been trying to catch up on releases from the entire month I was gone, and the talent is so scarce, that I'm lost for words.

I do hope I find something new that is enjoyable, otherwise 2017 is the terrible start of more Mejibray "quality" bands.

Are they gone yet btw?

Ah yes, another time for me share my unneeded opinion:

This isn't exactly music related but I kinda hate how people near my age and younger only obsess over the same few bands (which I don't really care for): DADAROMA, Pentagon, and MEJIBRAY (I think I've already said how much I dislike them here earlier). It's like they're more interested in their looks, selfies, etc.  than actually realizing that the music they've came out with as of late is just so lackluster, compared to many other bands.  That's why I encourage everyone I get to talk to take a stop by MH. I've learned so much here I love ya'll.

Other bands (or labels) I don't get the hype for is AINS. Besides DIAURA, Gossip, Kuroyuri to Kage, Grieva, etc. have not impressed me. Maybe I'm not listening to the right releases but I don't get why a ton of folks go crazy over them. 

2 hours ago, gekiai said:

Ah yes, another time for me share my unneeded opinion:

This isn't exactly music related but I kinda hate how people near my age and younger only obsess over the same few bands (which I don't really care for): DADAROMA, Pentagon, and MEJIBRAY (I think I've already said how much I dislike them here earlier). It's like they're more interested in their looks, selfies, etc.  than actually realizing that the music they've came out with as of late is just so lackluster, compared to many other bands.  That's why I encourage everyone I get to talk to take a stop by MH. I've learned so much here I love ya'll.

Other bands (or labels) I don't get the hype for is AINS. Besides DIAURA, Gossip, Kuroyuri to Kage, Grieva, etc. have not impressed me. Maybe I'm not listening to the right releases but I don't get why a ton of folks go crazy over them. 

I can't connect with most fans because of what you mentioned above. I hate it because I truly want more J-rock/vk friends, but 9 times out of 10 when I try to initiate a conversation, it ends up being about Dadaroma and such. I'm not so much of a vk oldfag that I shun all newer bands--there are actually quite a few that I like, they're just the few that most fans don't bother checking out because they don't look like Gazette or Mejibray or whoever else. Like, there are so many other bands out there. Be more open-minded. I understand having a preference but I also don't get why people always stick to the same few without exploring anything else unless it's a carbon copy of what they like. Idk, maybe I'm just getting old.

8 hours ago, gekiai said:

It's like they're more interested in their looks, selfies, etc.

Every time I tried discussing about Morrigan's music with other (older than me) fans I was met with utter silence.

But If I bring out how cute Aryu's last selfie was everyone replies.

It's so frustrating.

5 hours ago, Zalemu said:

I can't connect with most fans because of what you mentioned above. I hate it because I truly want more J-rock/vk friends, but 9 times out of 10 when I try to initiate a conversation, it ends up being about Dadaroma and such. I'm not so much of a vk oldfag that I shun all newer bands--there are actually quite a few that I like, they're just the few that most fans don't bother checking out because they don't look like Gazette or Mejibray or whoever else. Like, there are so many other bands out there. Be more open-minded. I understand having a preference but I also don't get why people always stick to the same few without exploring anything else unless it's a carbon copy of what they like. Idk, maybe I'm just getting old.

I suddenly felt really lucky... I have an amazing group of 10 + people in my own country, nearly in my own town with whom I can actually have meaningfulish conversations about newish bands that aren't Dadaroma and such... I wish other countries had as many VK fans and as varied as there are here :/

1 hour ago, Komorebi said:

I suddenly felt really lucky... I have an amazing group of 10 + people in my own country, nearly in my own town with whom I can actually have meaningfulish conversations about newish bands that aren't Dadaroma and such... I wish other countries had as many VK fans and as varied as there are here :/

It's literally the worst :<

Older GazettE was better than newer GazettE. Even though they had lower budget production, they were more creative and unique back then

I think the GazettE are very skilled musicians who have either become lazy to make anything that I haven't heard over and over, or they're getting artist block a ton. Either that or Sony told Ruki not to trill his Rs xD. I mean, they went from almost all their music having a parental advisory, to literally no lyric warnings on the CD covers. That says a lot about how they've changed..

Also, Wagakki band in my opinion is overrated. I used to love them, but they pulled an MCR, going from heavy to poppy really quick. Also, Yuko's vocals have too much post production on them, making them sound a bit overpolished, which someone as skilled of a vocalist as her, shouldn't need polishing. She's truly an amazing vocalist, but you'd only hear her true skills in Hanafugetsu, not Wagakki. Also, sometimes, the music can get a bit cacophonous with all the instruments trying to play different parts at once. Like, there is an easy way to fix this: don't make every part so complex. It is ok to have the Koto, Shamisen, Shakuhachi and Taiko parts simple.  Also, I think they've gotten too popular. I mean, you have these fangirls now who think Wagakki is so special, saying "They were the first Japanese folk metal band!", and "Yuko's lyric writing in Tengaku is so amazing!". Like, Wagakki Band's covers have gotten more popular than the original, to the point where people think Wagakki actually wrote the songs. Also, there have been other bands mixing traditional Japanese and Metal for a LONG time. Bands like Onmyouza, Kiryu, Memento Mori, Whispered, Ningen Isu, etc. Heck, Kurona used to be in a Vkei band called CrowXClass (My first ever Vkei band I got into) and they used traditional Japanese instruments, and on their only EP, had 2 metal songs, and had even more live. And really, with how poppy Wagakki has gotten, I don't think they should represent Japanese folk metal. Kiryu or Onmyouza would be better representatives. Though, Ningen Isu is the oldest out of the ones I've mentioned, they're style of folk metal is not in the instruments, but in the composition and vocals. Plus, they're more of the first EroguroKei band.

Also, and finally, Vkei was always full of clones, especially in the 90's. In the early 90's, there were a TON of X Japan clones. Then, in the mid 90's, it seemed as if everyone wanted to start doing a mix of Alternative Rock, Gothic Rock, Alternative Metal and New Wave. And also you had the Kuroyume sound-a-likes and clones. Dir En Grey's early stuff being kinda like that (Even though I still enjoyed it). And almost any Metal that was played in the 90's, was either Gothic Metal, or Thrash Influenced Alt. Metal. And every single song had to have a chorused guitar, playing the same 3 notes... You did have a few bands that went outside the norms, but it wasn't until 2001 that you had a rise in Vkei bands play more Punk rock, Nu Metal and a little bit of pop rock and such, finally doing something different than what filled the scene before. Also, there were a ton of crappy bands in the 90's. In fact, since they couldn't clean everything up in the mix, it often sounded crappier. 

Edited by AimiGen7