Umi_Niwa

[SOLVED] A dumb question maybe

But  I don't quite understand what is this rating thing and what's it for? And why are these member titles given? I don't want to feel like a noob idiot, so I'd be glad if anyone explained this to me, lol.

seconding your question. i've been here for a while, but still didn't get the point of kiwamu's bitches and kisaki's errand boys=\

and rating is probably for dick measuring or something like that

Pretty sure "Kiwamu's Bitch" and other handles are just rankings based on your forum activity and post counts. I'm guessing the mods/admins wanted something more creative than just the default "Newbie," "Member," "Senior Member," titles . I believe if you get a certain number of posts, you can customize it to be whatever you want. As far as I know, I doubt there is really a huge, significant point to it. 

The user titles are related to post count. If you get a certain number of posts, you get a certain title. Alternatively you can set your own title after you reached a certain number of posts, I forgot the exact number, I think 400 or 500.

And you can thank me for the weird titles. I wanted to make them jrock-releated and, well.... semi-funny instead of just using the default titles.

seconding your question. i've been here for a while, but still didn't get the point of kiwamu's bitches and ki213saki's errand boys=\

and rating is probably for dick measuring or something like that

Lol well that can only apply to some of us here :P

---

Thanks for the info, admin-san :)

Hm... may I ask why you find the titles offensive? Is it because of the words which are used (bitch and so on)? Just curious.

Hm... may I ask why you find the titles offensive? Is it because of the words which are used (bitch and so on)? Just curious.

Let me ask you why you like those titles? :)

I don't like or hate them, I don't really care about them, honestly. I can see why people might be offended by them. I am not offended by them, though I'd change mine when I can (I guess you have to reach 500 or 1000 posts?) because I like customizing.

If you think just the user titles are offensive then you're going to have a bad time on MH.

lol'd.

I like the titles, and while they  don't serve much a purpose these days with the name colors and post count stars, the titles have been around for years so it would be a crime to get rid of them now. Kiwamu's bitch along with other things kibbamu are also sort of an inside forum jokes really, and it's beyond me how someone finds an user title offensive anyway.  

Feel free to explain why someone would be offended because I really don't see why these are offensive.

It's such a non-issue, is the complaint just to be lazy and circumvent having to have the minimum post count to customize your title? You used to not even be able to customize it in the past.

This is still going on?

For what it's worth, these are the rank titles we have so far and the posts you need to get them:

n00blet 0

Kiwamu's Bitch 5

Kisaki's Errand Boy 100

Wataru's Punching Bag 300

Gackt's Hair Stylist 500

Hyde's Pimp 700

Kyo's Mattress 1000

Except maybe for the "Bitch" part (which is actually the first special rank we had and the only one I didn't add myself), I don't see how something like "Gackt's Hairstylist" could be considered offensive. The "pimp" maybe, but then again, you can change your title with 400 posts, so you never have to wear that particular title.

The ranks are supposed to be get "better" with more posts to encourage active partcipation. That's just natural and something that many online forums do. So obviously the lower ranks are slightly more "degrading", but as I said: they are meant as a joke and not aimed at offending anyone. I never thought they would be an issue - and so far they never have been in all the years we had them. I actually once thought about changing them, but just because I felt they were getting too old - do newer jrock fans actually still get the "Wataru's Punching Bag" reference? But I decided to stick with the current titles, because - as has been pointed out - they are kind of a tradition now. And even if we made new titles, with more updated jrock references, they would most likely be in the same tongue-in-cheek vain that may or may not offend sporadic people.

I'm going to close this topic now because I don't think it will lead anywhere. However, if someone is so offended by these titles that their personal happiness is affected by it, drop me a message. I will change it to *Censored* and you will wear that title until you have the 400 posts needed to set your own custom title.