Velovelo

Truly crappy Western "visual kei" inspired music

DISCLAIMER: This might result in a loss of either hearing, intelligence or good music taste. You have been warned. And don't take this lightly. You might have to puke later on. Also, I know this topic is pretty much a no-brainer, since most of this stuff follows the same agenda of being crap. But it's all fun and games until someone's ears start to bleed. Anyway, let's start.

I am still in awe about how some of these western "VK" bands are as bad as they are. I cannot get my mind off it.

Most western bands are being laughed upon for their chosen direction, but admittedly, there are decent ones.

But there's also a shitload of bad stuff coming from there. (Why, hello, japanese scene! Give us some Maria Cross! Only maybe not)

I'd like to start this thread with a hefty load of fail. And there you go, my dear masochists.

(there is more stuff there, if you prefer to listen to it at your own risk)

Sad thing is, the vocalist was in a pretty cool band as a bassist before. But wow, this really proves that you shouldn't just switch to something else on a whim unless you can somehow pull it off. It really sounds like they never rehearsed it.

Well, does it? The studio version isn't as bad, but it is still very painful. I don't want to describe what's going on there too much, as it might insult some disabled people.

The fact that people applaud and like them should be some kind of indicator that you can still sell shit at the value of gold. Ever had the urge to taste a sugar-coated piece of turd? Fear not, for this will be the first incentive for you to do so instead of listening to this. I'm not putting a finger on what's the better decision, though.

I should bet on it, if I were to create the worst song ever, I'd be all over the news. Unlike these guys. Because being purposely bad nets you enough attention and it actually requres some skill and intelligence, Apparently. But these guys aren't even good at being bad. It's pitiful.

Mind you, this isn't even close to most weaboo-kei bands. This is just amazingly crappy in several ways. Enjoy. And please don't file a lawsuit in case you do suffer some cerebral damage there. It could happen.

P.S.: if you happen to find something similarly awful, share it. Do it.

This thread, oh my god. :( I didn't know such things existed. Well, I did but I didn't know it was THIS bad..

can't really say much bad stuff about any of them since it they are pretty much indie as ffffff. It is kinda expected to be bad with the bad recording, studio room, and whatever else that can't be supported financially. Plus it doesn't seem like any of those bands are relatively experienced or have a guide musically.

adding that flawless xxxshunenkinen tereko 2 my vk playlist  & everyone is sort of missing the point that first band is an art performance project, aimed to show  the unsuspecting white man reaction to yohio's appearance in western media. 

Well... at least they tried. And honestly: there a lot more of these kind of bands coming from japan itself. Actually, Visual kei in general is pure crap. So what do you expect when foreigner become "isnpired"...
And if I could I would play in an oldschool and crappy and untalented as fuck band too- but it would be too expensive (all the clothes, make-up, instruments and paying for production that still is fucking terrible) and I would feel forever responsible if people get a tinitus from my music, so nope not doing it :P

And... isn't the one guy from Romancia Sada, who also had a "solo" project?

And I here's another mexican vk band. I guess the music is okay, but why must he sing in japanese... I also wonder if they still exist.

I had already seen this xDDD it's bad xDDD

God I remember the laugh we had talking about this band at the chat xDDDDDDDDDDDD

Oh my god xDDDDDDDDD I don't know what to say about this xDDDD I think they are from Argentina by their accent though, but who knows xDDDD

I'm leaving this PV from a Spanish VK band. I don't think they are that bad but I thought I should contribute xDD

WOW, guys. You are awesome. I thought Crestilion was bad. Then I heard the keyboard in that New Story video. I almost pissed my pants at how awful it was. Then I watched the Romantica video and... I was floored. HOLY SHIT. This is so amazing...ly awful. What the fuck were they thinking? Nothing in this song is close to being good or anything, it's just plain horrid. Wow. Takes some ego to publish something like this ALONG WITH A MUSIC VIDEO. They fucking made a music video for this crap. I cannot believe it! All three of them must be totally tone-deaf. No more words for it, I'm shocked, man.

Considering the topic of guidance and professionality. It's not a question of either of those. People just need to be decent and understanding enough to know what when they produce shit, they DO NOT release it. You don't really need a producer or manager to tell you that a song is crappy if you're capable enough of having a pair of ears and decent hearing ability. If something sounds this bad, you, as a normal human being, should be able to discern the difference between crappy and almost okay for yourself.

I still don't effing understand how anybody can release something like that "Romantica" shit! It'll taint their names forever! Holy...

Other than that, this one gets the prize for best comment here yet:

adding that flawless xxxshunenkinen tereko 2 my vk playlist  &
everyone is sort of missing the point that first band is an art
performance project, aimed to show  the unsuspecting white man reaction
to yohio's appearance in western media.

Made my day!

Considering the topic of guidance and professionality. It's not a question of either of those. People just need to be decent and understanding enough to know what when they produce shit, they DO NOT release it. You don't really need a producer or manager to tell you that a song is crappy if you're capable enough of having a pair of ears and decent hearing ability. If something sounds this bad, you, as a normal human being, should be able to discern the difference between crappy and almost okay for yourself.

oh please, there are still idiots, plain ignorant music, being played in the mainstream today. It offers upcoming artists to think they can still make it even with the crap they play. "Musical Guide" doesn't necessarily mean an instructor nor did I imply that. I just don't think they have been tested yet to let them know their stuff sucks.

Isn't it scientifically proven that if you suck at a certain field you automatically also suck at judgement in that field meaning the worse you are the better you'll consider yourself?

oh please, there are still idiots, plain ignorant music, being played in the mainstream today. It offers upcoming artists to think they can still make it even with the crap they play. "Musical Guide" doesn't necessarily mean an instructor nor did I imply that. I just don't think they have been tested yet to let them know their stuff sucks.

Haha, sorry, I wasn't completely disagreeing with your notion. Just wanted to get some clearance on the topic. Also, yes, I agree, they do not need a professional instructor. But what about their friends? I think it's really mean to lie to them about being a bunch of idiots musically. They'd be spared from publicly embarassing themselves. But maybe schadenfreude is also a factor. Sorry, I digress.

Isn't it scientifically proven that if you suck at a certain field you automatically also suck at judgement in that field meaning the worse you are the better you'll consider yourself?

Well, after watching all of these videos, this statement explains a lot.

Seems like Crestillion is doing pretty good in Sweden, despite their awful and horrible vocalist. I guess it's because they are friends with Overworld (who btw is a decent band).

A fresh live from a convent this weekend were Crestillion participated.

._____.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Seems like Crestillion is doing pretty good in Sweden, despite their awful and horrible vocalist. I guess it's because they are friends with Overworld (who btw is a decent band).

A fresh live from a convent this weekend were Crestillion participated.

._____.

love the twerking panda tbh, are all swedish animefags that stoned? I probably should plan a trip to a nordic weaboocon sometime.

I think Seremedy is far away from the fail we have witnessed here. They were alright. Compared to this.

I found another "Romantica" gem and it makes me wonder why the hell these people make music at all.

There you go: