Trombe

Jupiter new album "CLASSICAL ELEMENT" release

There goes the term 'experimental' Seriously, can someone explain to me what the hell is experimental? The fact that there is a genre specific for "experimental" music is absolutely ridiculous. That's just being creative, which is what defines music, creativity. Anyways, both the previews do sound like that might be the standard for JUPITER's sound but Heaven's Atlas sounds better at least.

There goes the term 'experimental' Seriously, can someone explain to me what the hell is experimental? The fact that there is a genre specific for "experimental" music is absolutely ridiculous. That's just being creative, which is what defines music, creativity. Anyways, both the previews do sound like that might be the standard for JUPITER's sound but Heaven's Atlas sounds better at least.

eh tbqh I don't think anyone here actually defined it as a genre so no need to get upset about that. Also you pretty much answered your own question. Imo "experimental" is when a band goes outside of their comfort zone and makes something that isn't part of their usual repertoire. For Jupiter that's the whole guitar wankery thing that's close to Versailles' sound, but I guess it would be better to say it's part of Hizaki's sound. Hizaki always will be the main composer for all the projects he is in, mainly because he doesn't want anyone else fucking around with his compositions (see the lack of Teru/Kamijo/Masashi compositions on the last two Versailles albums). Therefore when Jupiter is "experimental" that means they'll get out of Hizaki's standard 3-song compositions and try something new composition-wise or so.

Then again experimental isn't always good because I've seen plenty of bands try to get out of their comfort zone and failing horribly, so the sword has two edges.

eh tbqh I don't think anyone here actually defined it as a genre so no need to get upset about that. Also you pretty much answered your own question. Imo "experimental" is when a band goes outside of their comfort zone and makes something that isn't part of their usual repertoire. For Jupiter that's the whole guitar wankery thing that's close to Versailles' sound, but I guess it would be better to say it's part of Hizaki's sound. Hizaki always will be the main composer for all the projects he is in, mainly because he doesn't want anyone else fucking around with his compositions (see the lack of Teru/Kamijo/Masashi compositions on the last two Versailles albums). Therefore when Jupiter is "experimental" that means they'll get out of Hizaki's standard 3-song compositions and try something new composition-wise or so.

Then again experimental isn't always good because I've seen plenty of bands try to get out of their comfort zone and failing horribly, so the sword has two edges.

No, I know that nobody here classified it as a genre, it just confuses me and bothers me that it is considered a genre. It's almost like classifying "Djent" as a genre even though it's the term used for the sound a guitar makes when palm muting close to the bridge. I get it now though, thanks for that explanation, even though bands that are experimental don't end up doing much good.

People use the term 'experimental' when it isn't even near what we're discussing here. Experimental means more than getting out of the comfort zone - it's about pushing the boundaries, definitions of the music genre you play, it's about adding new ingredients, like new instruments, time signatures, genres you'd never imagine getting mixed, etc to the world of music. Very few of the japanese bands we discuss here could be classified as ´experimental´ or ´experimental rock´ and Jupiter definitely isn't one of them.

It's just Hizaki guitar-fapping over modern visual kei.

Jesus dude, I am not talking about them being an experimental genre breaking band or anything like that. I just mean doing something other than their usual Hizaki power metal. For example I would consider the song Libido to be experimental. It still fits Versaille's typical style but it's definitely something different and refreshing from the usual Hizaki guitar wankery. Well...it's still full of guitar wankery but it's taking on some cool influences to stand out from their usual songs. Too bad it was slated as a b-side for one of their singles and that was it.

So, rephrasing myself I hope the other tracks are more experimental CREATIVE now that they aren't confined to the aristocratic vampire theme. As in, less Hizaki metal and more interesting shit.

SET-LIST at 2013/09/26:

SE.Introduction
01.Blessing of the Future
02.SHOUT YOUR DESIRE
03.Decadence
04.Symmetry Breaking
05.ALLEGORY CAVE
bass solo
06.RHYTHMOS
07.Heaven's Atlas
08.Race Wish
09.Scarlet