jduv86

[Band Battle] D.I.D. vs. Nocturnal Bloodlust

Who's better? D.I.D. or Nocturnal Bloodlust?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. D.I.D. or Nocturnal Bloodlust?

I voted for D.I.D. a few years back, I guess...

As much as I enjoy the instrumentation/musicianship of D.I.D., Akane sometimes makes it rather difficult to enjoy. I kind of prefer Para:noir to D.I.D. Yes, as has been pointed out, Akane abused autotune during the Para:noir days, but it wasn't constant, just occasional. These days, however, it's nothing but chipmunk vocals and HNNNGGG-HRRRNNNG-HNNNNGG-HRRRRNNNNNNG. I'd rather have good vocals with occasional autotune abuse over a potentially good voice constantly wasted on chipmunk squealing and unintelligible grunting noises.

I never really had any respect for NOCTURNAL BUTTLUST, before listening to a single song of theirs, I just got the impression that they were total douchebags (but then again, I just described at least half the VK scene). That impression made it hard to take this particular band seriously. I do like their singer's voice when he actually sings in Japanese, but I don't care for his screeches or Engrish vocals. Most of their stuff bores me, though, so I don't even bother anymore. They've always been a joke to me, more so than any other VK band.

As much as I'd like to take back my vote and say "neither," I can't. 1) the system won't let me, 2) writing this post has reminded me that I still like the music D.I.D. created, I just have a problem with the vocals (again, I just described half of VK).

20 minutes ago, Seimeisen said:

Most of their stuff bores me,

Boring?? This is a interesting opinion in a sense i understand but in another sense i do not

As much as I like NB, I have to admit that at first they were your typical metalcore/deathcore band with nothing interesting to it.

The switch to visual-kei made them play something softer, which benefited them.

BUT.

We all know, there's only one reason for musicians to turn to visual-kei. And also NB realized that since there's nothing that heavy, they would actually have a chance to become popular.

As for D.I.D - I hate para:noir, and absolutely adore D.I.D. And Akane seems to be a guy who actually has an interesting personality, as such he has something to say through music. NB can't do that.