jduv86

[Band Battle] D.I.D. vs. Nocturnal Bloodlust

Who's better? D.I.D. or Nocturnal Bloodlust?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. D.I.D. or Nocturnal Bloodlust?

D.I.D.

did.jpg

-VS-

Nocturnal Bloodlust

n_blood.jpg

Aggressive as sh**. Heavy as sh**. REALLY AWESOME SH** that they play! Who's better D.I.D. or Nocturnal Bloodlust?

Personally, I prefer Nocturnal Bloodlust. The harsh vocals I think are one of the best currently in music. Also, I feel that even though I like auto tune every now and then, D.I.D. uses it WAY too much while the vocalist in NB just seems to naturally have it. Thoug neither band is doing anything extremely new, I feel Nocturnal Bloodlust has better song writing as well structure wise. Outside of the music, I enjoy the fashion sense (yes, I look at fashion along with the music too) of NB for than D.I.D.....so yea...Nocturnal Bloodlust overkill for me...BUT what do YOU think?  

I love Akane :lolita_love:  but I'd go for NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST. Hiro's voice is just too amazing  :lolita_cheerful:

Nocturnal Bloodlust wins this one easily for me, Hiro is a way better vocalist. And I completely agree with his harsh vocals being completely top notch for the scene.

i voted Nocturnal Bloodlust .i think hiro is way  better vocalist too.

and i agree  with @jduv86 's opinion. (except the best vocals in the scene part ,not sure about that) 

D.I.D. vocals annoy me so much.i have a serious problem with his vocals.

(from the pvs only because i didn't listen anything more after seeing the pvs . i don't understand how people listen to that. seriously. wtf is these vocals.lol . also i hate autotune.)

as for fashion sence. they are ok both.i like them. they are pretty similar, aren't they?(i find more attractive Nocturnal Bloodlust vocalist though lol.random) 

also that new pv spot of N.B. was so awesome

I really like Akane's vocals. I think it's way better in D.I.D. than in para:noir (there was a LOT of auto-tune and it didn't sound so good). Hiro has a weaker singing voice, but his screams are better than Akane's, I think. Their music is similar. I think NB is a bit heavier, but I think the sound of D.I.D. is better. So I voted for D.I.D. :3

Also, NB's PV preview was really awesome!

If NB were still doing their non-visual deathcore thing they would be an obvious choice for me, but the way things currently are: D.I.D. all the way! They manage to keep me entertained (eventhough it sometimes borders on the ridiculous), while Nocturnal Bloodlust I find terribly soulless and run-of-the-mill. It's funny because I loved that new PV preview of theirs, so I went back and listened to the VK stuff I've been missing out on from them but just...nope.

I don't like D.I.D at all, but there's something to be said to a band that sticks to their ideals. Nocturnal Bloodlust has just bugged me since they've turned visual kei because they seem to be going through the motions more than playing music they want to play. I said it when they first switched and I still stick by it now.

However, NB is just head and shoulders above D.I.D so I have to choose them.

D.I.D. kind of irritates me, especially with Providentia. The way he uses his voice makes me cringe a little, even though I know he can sing really well. But there are so many random peaks and screechy notes in there. I cannot consistently enjoy it. It gets downright irritating at times, and that makes me sad.

Nocturnal Bloodlust is another thing going into a direction I don't particularly like. The use of Melodyne and Autotune really ticks me off at times, and it really sounds like they don't really enjoy what they are doing, somehow. Their first two songs under the new name were nice, but it quickly went downhill afterwards.

I'd call it a draw, but I'll give Nocturnal Bloodlust my vote, because their potential for great music is marginally higher to me.

Mind you, I don't really like either of them at their current state, but D.I.D. will probably not do it for me at any stage of their lifetime. I just hope that NB will at least gradually drop that autotune crap, because I sincerely cannot bear it anymore.

Obligation was the only song they have produced with autotune though, unless I'm deaf. besides their last single "referring to disaster and not unbreakable" did not sound any different then the stuff they released before going visual. On top of that they have all of those songs not counting their first demo on the album. So people who say they forgot about their origins, in my opinion have no idea what they are talking about.

Yeah, Obligation is the song that put me off. It's not a good idea to feed your vocals to a computer if you can sing well enough and the FX isn't properly utilised. Autotune doesn't fit them, and I'd be happier if they dropped it, as they never use it to do something that benefits the song itself with it. It just sounds out of place.

DID just didn't do it for me. I found the vocalist really annoying, though instrumentally, it's a very good band. But it kinda annoyed me, the vocalist mainly just growls, growls, growls and that's it. At least NB has a more diverse pattern, being aggressive without extreme growling. And their songs are great.

So, NB takes this one easily for me. 

Oh. man. A tough one for me. Well, I absolutely love D.I.D, they have been awesome and they used to be just as awesome back when they were para:noir... but, Akane's voice always autotuned and just doing that same high pitched screaming and MMMMMMMM growls gets annoying. I just got into NB and HIro's voice just blows me away non-stop. I can tell you that the pace and fast-action instrumentation in their song Rise Above from their Last Relapse single beats most D.I.D songs for me.

When it comes to heaviness, D.I.D is more of the janitoraI-style, sweeping all around and then breakdowns with most songs unless they decide to have some sweeping solos. Nocturnal Bloodlust's breakdowns actually sound different and distinguished, plus the guitar work is absolutely spectacular. Both bands are amazing but in the end, I'm more excited for Nocturnal's new album than any release from D.I.D

As someone who actually follows both these bands and goes to their lives... UGH. 

May as well ask me which foot I'd like to cut off. 

I'm going to go with Nokubura, mostly because their newest album is FANTASTIC. DID's new single is great, but on par with everything on Grimoire... it just isn't fair right now.

I much prefer D.I.D. to Nocturnal Bloodlust. The latter group is pretty derivative of Western deathcore. While some of their songs really kick ass, I feel that D.I.D. are much stronger and inventive musically. The guitar work is much better as well; sweeping actually takes skill.

I don't really get this auto-tune argument as well, they hardly use it.

Hmmm, strangly enough I loved Akane's vocals in Para:noir, especially for Merciless Sorrow & the code number [13.] I have been listening to D.I.D but I'll have to listen to their stuff again just to be sure.

Guest mitsubana

Personally I prefer D.I.D. Not a fan of Nocturnal Bloodlust~

Nocturnal is definitely my choice I used to follow akanes projects, but my interest changed I guess. But hey I guess Hiro used to live in Seattle Washington? That's where I live so I guess that's pretty cool

Nocturnal Bloodlust :P no contest. I think when i made my above comment i hadnt even heard of N.B let alone started listening to them. 

I wish N.B had more material available though. I really like their stuff but ive always been into the heavier side of music anyway.

DID because I like Akane since julius. He has something to say in his lyrics. He has a strong personnality. Musicians are really good too. I love their concept since Para:noir.

I like NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST too but...I didn't like when they became a Visual band instead of "normal metal band". I think they just did this because they wanted more fangirls...

Why put nbl vs d.i.d?

i dont know any other band that can start the best mosh pit ever other then this band

Nocturnal bloodlust wins