CAT5

[Band Battle] MEJIBRAY vs. DIAURA

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which band is better?

• MEJIBRAY
    • DIAURA

It's interesting to vote between them because to me those two are the most disappointing bands currently on the scene.

They both have such an interesting image and concept but both make such boring and repetitive music.

I voted for Diaura, though because I really enjoyed their first mini Dictator.

(even though I was even more disappointed with them because I loved Valluna and actually had some hope.)

So hard to compare these two, because their concepts are so different. I used to like them both... But I must admit that DIAURA is better in my opinion.

MEJIBRAY had an unique idea to presents their music and "visualistics" for their outfits & live shows, they showed some very unique style and each member had their own way to present themselves --- their outfits didn't match and that was one of the points. Their music was very energetic (as were their live shows too!) and their style varied a lot. It was  clear that they had a certain "raw" or "wild" style they preferred and it really worked. After Nepenthes (or during last 2 years) though they seemed to only repeat their themes and tried to search something new to get  inspiration  --- leading them to lost their concept. Their visual style and music some what lost their basics.

DIAURA used to be in search of themselves for first, but after re-releasing "Shitsuyoku no seiiki" they really seemed to know who and what they are. They have their own unique theme "dictatorial aura" that usually is about military-ish themed things. Of course they occasionally try something different (like the soft gentle ballad "Gekkou" etc.) but still they know and continue on their way steadily and still are able to bring new dimensions for VK genre/their own music.

What a time to revive this thread. ;)

As much as I adore Mejibray, at this point in time, I easily have to go with Diaura. Their recent output has been far more consistently to my liking than Mejibray's. I hope their hiatus helps breathe some life back into their work.

I used to go see both bands pretty often around the time this thread was first made 4 years ago. I started to lose interest in both bands at around the same time (Decadence for Mejibray, Focus for Diaura)  but I saw both of them at the last BDM last year and I still enjoyed Diaura. They put on a really great show and they played a lot of my favorite old songs.

Mejibray, however, I thought was a mess. I never really thought their music was brilliant but I used to enjoy their lives so I was a bit disappointed. There has always been a disconnect between the members but it was pretty evident that they grew even further apart at that point. In addition, they didn't even look like they were enjoying themselves on stage and, not that Tsuzuku is a great vocalist or anything, but he sounded awful. Lay off the cigs dude.  

Idk if I voted on this previously since I can't vote in the poll now but my vote goes for Diaura. Even though I lost interest forever ago I still enjoy their old songs and they're still great live. I wouldn't say they're going strong though. They've been on the top of a plateau for a while.

I love both, but I prefer DIAURA.
What makes DIAURA different from most of today's bands,  is that Diaura has that nostalgia for bands from the late 90's. [roughly speaking]
What about the vocal, Yo-ka makes clear that he does not have to shout half the song to make it sound good.

Most bands just scream and sing a chorus. In many, Tsuzuku do it.