1. 1. Which band is better?

• MEJIBRAY
    • DIAURA

MEJIBRAY

MEJIBRAYSliversexe_zps5c5ac861.png

VS.

DIAURA

Diaura0_zps63e72728.png

Ok, the battle is on! 2 bands that are relatively new to the VK scene - for some representing the hope for VK and for others it's decline. Which band do you think is better AND WHY?

I can't say one is better than other, but I prefer Mejibray, they have more good song for me.

But I like one or two cd of *DIAURA, and they have a good look.

But vote for Mejibray (in memories of VanessA ^^)

(Aready 4 vote with me, and just me who have comment why ? poeple are blind or ignorant?)

Ah! I was going to do a Mejibray vs D.I.D., but this is good too! Mejibray, I think. I enjoy their songs a lot more as well and I feel they are more versatile. I think Diaura is more traditional VK (ina good way) then Mejibray. Mejibray is more creative musically then Diaura though IMO and that what keeps me more excited about their releases then Diaura's. 

Mejibray is like copy pasta Gazette but with some metalcore guitar solos.

DIAURA incorporates sounds and some styles from earlier era VK artists but still sounds modern and fresh. Yet their songs seem to be very boring and lack a lot of replay value.

My vote? Both are a bit lame but I would rather listen to DIAURA then another poor man's Gazette.

interesting poll. i am curious who will win. i choose meji only because i like their music more.

My vote? Both are a bit lame

i agree with the lame lol but

DIAURA incorporates sounds and some styles from earlier era VK artists

i don't get this with diaura at all. maybe with valluna yes. his voice yes.indeed!! but diaura's sound no.

if it was valluna and vanessa or mejibray maybe i would have a problem choosing but diaura's songs are boring for me.

i prefer mejibray songs and voice type.

and i think yoka voice fits more with valluna type of songs  

Mejibray is like copy pasta Gazette but with some metalcore guitar solos.

also i don't get very much the gazette reference.i have seen people say it.( i can totally understand it as reason not to choose them though but i still like their music more so..)

the similarity i see is mostly only in fans and popularity. and the voice is very different.  

as for vkei looks

both bands look attractive to me. i understand that meji looks more  provocative and it may attract more fans. and make them look more shallow to others but i still think their music is better.

if someone reminds old vkei styles in clothes but still modern is more mejibray  or valluna than diaura i think but not sure?? also mejibray never really looked like gazette . 

but i bet the band seems very happy if it was to be their successor

that is so lame for me ~ meh

Ah! I was going to do a Mejibray vs D.I.D., but this is good too!

i would want to see that poll too xD. i wish someone made more polls. i can't think of bands i want to compare but is so fun when others ask

Why cat? XD lol... u choosed 2 favorite bands of mine aaah. :lolita_sad:

Well, obviously it would be MEJIBRAY if I have to xD :lolita_love:

Why?

Hmmm.. I think the main reason is because I love the vocalist his voice which goes very smooth together with the music that's been played by the other members.

Lately they've been trying to make their music in many different directions, which is very cool to try out of course but also risky.

But that's what I like about the band, they dare to take the risks and the lyrics of each song is very catchy, which was like 90% (?I don't remember much from the interview how many percent it was) used from real life experiences. I could feel the pain and sadness of the lyrics ( I think most of the songs they have now are pretty sad and depressing, but I haven't looked up for all lyrics yet xD) But they had also some ''brighten-up'' lyrics if I remembered well...

Anyways, they stay 1# for me  :lolita_cheerful:

easy decition=)

i don't really like diaura, so i vote for mejibray. they're much better. that's all=P

I would definitely vote for DIAURA. I don't really listen to either of these two artists, but I can honestly say that what I've heard from DIAURA is more original and better-sounding than anything I've heard from MEJIBRAY. I see MEJIBRAY in the lane of the metalcore movement in VK sans a good vocalist. The guy from DIAURA has a nice voice, whereas the guy from MEJIBRAY either can't really sing or is desperately in need of singing lessons.

So if I had to listen to either one of them for a whole day, then definitely DIAURA. To be quite honest, I don't get the hype around MEJIBRAY at all.

Obviously MEJIBRAY! :D I can't stand DIAURRHEA, everything I tried from them was completely boring and lame, so... yeah. Whereas MEJI' has kickass vocals, awesome guitars and solid catchy songs.

Obviously MEJIBRAY! :D I can't stand DIAURRHEA, everything I tried from them was completely boring and lame, so... yeah. Whereas MEJI' has kickass vocals, awesome guitars and solid catchy songs.

Same here, what I tried from DIAURA wasn't my cup of tea, but I still have to listen to their whole disco to say if I like them or not. Maybe someday... xDD

I voted for MEJIBRAY. I really liked them when they started but lately they've been releasing some singles that were boring for me excepting some A-sides. Now they released the new mini which was awesome imo and I've been replaying it a lot lately xDD I really like Tsuzuku's vocals and MiA's guitar and they have some pretty awesome songs. So yeah, that's why I voted for them.

Mejibray has a lot more exciting qualities. I like the guitarist, I like the bassist, I like drummers' VK and the vocalist is only one of the 2 vocalist that I didn't mind screamo and growls incorporated with singing and also probably made me a bit more lenient on having growls and screams.

Diaura sounded nice just off of vocals but I just think their music is regular rock or traditional VK as someone above said.

Voted Mejibray

I think the voting in this case is a bit pointless, these are two, completely different bands. I liked Valluna myself, but I don't like DIAURA, their music makes me bored. Valluna sounded more emotional. MEJIBRAY on the other hand is my favorite active vk band right now, so it's obvious my vote goes to them :D.

i don't get this with diaura at all. maybe with valluna yes. his voice yes.indeed!! but diaura's sound no.

if it was valluna and vanessa or mejibray maybe i would have a problem choosing but diaura's songs are boring for me.

i prefer mejibray songs and voice type.

and i think yoka voice fits more with valluna type of songs  

I haven't listened to all of DIAURA's stuff either (cuz it's kinda boring lolz) but earlier stuff I think can be compared to softer rock from 90s era VK. Definitely not comparing it to say Matina or KEY PARTY bands. I didn't really listen to Valluna and only listened to that last EP or whatever it was. They had that look you would see from the early 00s but I don't think they really sounded like anything from earlier eras of VK.

also i don't get very much the gazette reference.i have seen people say it.( i can totally understand it as reason not to choose them though but i still like their music more so..)

the similarity i see is mostly only in fans and popularity. and the voice is very different.  

DIE KRUSSE and FILTH IN THE BEAUTY?

I admit I haven't listened to all of Mejibray's entire disco but that song is pretty blatant.

Yet they're still just your typical VK metalcore-ish band just doing what is popular right now. They do it well though, that is for sure and their stuff is really well polished but it just doesn't seem like anything that special or interesting. Then again most of what I have sampled from them are songs that have PVs for them and it could be those songs are just the ones that are more accessible to a wider audience.

I

Yet they're still just your typical VK metalcore-ish band just doing what is popular right now. They do it well though, that is for sure and their stuff is really well polished but it just doesn't seem like anything that special or interesting. Then again most of what I have sampled from them are songs that have PVs for them and it could be those songs are just the ones that are more accessible to a wider audience.

no you are right i agree .and

i don't think you'll discover much difference if you hear more songs

and i don't find much depth in their songs and (i am not feeling much when i listen to them) generally.

it's just fun to listen

but i find them way better than diaura

anyway

i agree with most people that were with mejibray ,i have the same reasons,i like his voice more and i prefer their songs

and diaura is so boring to me

the voice is just personal taste . i don't think yoka has bad voice.

he does have more weird voice than tsuzuku though. for others this can be a good thing i quess

(edit:maybe that's the similarity with the gazette. parts of this description in the quote can easily be for the gazette)

and i don't find much depth in their songs and (i am not feeling much when i listen to them) generally.

it's just fun to listen

Oh yeah Dude, that's why we listen to music right? It's fun and we like it. Even if it's shallow nonsense, if it's fun and you like it who cares.

Oh yeah Dude, that's why we listen to music right? It's fun and we like it. Even if it's shallow nonsense, if it's fun and you like it who cares.

mejibray it's not  nonsence or crap. their music is good enough for mainstream vkei audience.

also what you are saying is irrattional. most of people  listen to music to have fun. music is about having fun.

you can't always have very emotional / or with depth music and that kind it's not for all people and not for always.

just because i love songs that make me feel more and i think bands who can make these songs are better in artistic level. doesn't mean we don't need anyone else.

and even the bands that have more depth ,have stupid and fun songs that i love many times

Wait what lolololol.

Nooooooooo I'm agreeing with how you say you like it because it's fun because really isn't that what it all comes to anyway? Music is about having fun anyway right? That's why I listen to VK in the end, it's fun and I don't care if others tell me VK is shallow garbage. Even if it is, even if some bandmen are shady douches I'm still going to listen tto it because it's fun nonsense and I don't care.

The shallow nonsense comment wasn't directed at Mejibray but more of a general statement.

Miscommunication.

oh sorry i thought you were being ironic. (omg i am so used to people disagree, i overreacted sorry lol)

Diaura stays by far more original than Mejibray in any case, such as...say, Meji's latest attempts were already done by SADS/Gazette/Deluhi, right ? Diaura definitely, EVEN IF I don't listen to them.

@miyuu: they also hopped on Because-ripoff bandwagon

SADS - Because ---> the Gazette - Sludgy Cult --> (countless "tributes") + Mejibray - Chameleon Yummy

also, Sadisgate is poppier Different Sense...questions?

Diaura stays by far more original than Mejibray in any case, such as...say, Meji's latest attempts were already done by SADS/Gazette/Deluhi, right ? Diaura definitely, EVEN IF I don't listen to them.

@miyuu: they also hopped on Because-ripoff bandwagon

SADS - Because ---> the Gazette - Sludgy Cult --> (countless "tributes") + Mejibray - Chameleon Yummy

also, Sadisgate is poppier Different Sense...questions?

first

i am not trying to defend mejibray. i don't care

i am just making conversation because i am very bored.

so

ooh ok . i stopped listening to gazette years now, so i can't really tell probably.

also you mean dir en grey? i would have to totally disagree with that. i just don't see it.

but you said you don't listen to diaura.you don't listen to any of them?not meji not diaura?

there is a difference in opinion when someone listens or not.when someone is a fan.

soo what if diaura is more original(not sure about that but let's say i agree.)

i can't fucking listen to them. they bore me to death.

still mejibray has better music

I'm a huge fan of these bands, I heard their whole disco and I can say that DIAURA is more original to me than MEJIBRAY. Tsuzuku doesn't sing so well. His voice is vibrating and sometimes really weak, but his screams and harsh vocals are great. Yo-ka has a beautiful voice, his harsh vocals are good too. In my opinion MEJIBRAY is experimenting a lot and it's good but they aren't so original. Their latest releases weren't so good as their earlier stuff.
DIAURA is experimenting a lot too,  I think. Yo-ka's vocals improved a lot in the latest year. Their sound improved in a good way.
I really appreciate MiA's talents (he's amazing) but I love DIAURA more than MEJIBRAY. I enjoy DIAURA a lot more than MEJIBRAY. (It doesn't mean that I don't like MEJIBRAY. I love them. ^^)

Also, in my opinion DIAURA's mini was a way better and more interesting than MEJIBRAY's~

I voted for DIAURA. Can't say that I fully like them, but I enjoy some of their songs (I liked Valluna more though, DIAURA are too bland and repetitous) in comparison).
I can't really stand Mejibray and it isn't really their fault. I just don't like this whole Metalcore thing which has become so trendy in neo visual kei. And I dislike the way most visual kei bands play this style, especially the growling makes me annoyed.
DIAURA has a bit aggressive screaming here an there and I have no problem with that as it is very reminding of the way old visual kei vocalists have sung.

Mejibray, hands down. Diaura is okay but Mejibray is more lively for me, I just like them a whole lot better.