The Bread Wolf

New VK vs. Old VK

That Lar~mia song is indeed only vaguely reminiscent. Completely different style and athmosphere here. I know that was probably not the point of posting it here, since people have their own way to be reminded of things.

To be honest, I don’t see any similiarities between that Metal(core) band and oldschool bands and I still try to figure out what you want to prove, blackdoll, with your constant nitpickings and strange comparisons. Even if the riffs were similiar or the same, the overall playing and musical style is completely different. I am sure you would find such riffs even in completely different genres as well. It’s not like certain riffs, notes or melodies are patented by certain genres. In fact, what constitues a style or genre is more the sum of all parts and how they are combined, than single elements. If it wasn’t like that any pop song would be able to classify as Rock or even Metal when they just use enough guitar lines.

It was the guitar timbre that reminded me of that song specifically, nothing else about it really. Similar to how the later half of Sleigh Bells' 2nd album remind me a bit of late 90's vkei because of how the guitar sounds. Off topic, but this is what I meant:

what a cluster of a thread.

first mistake was asking which is better. geezus

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. People have opinions on this and I think it's important to discuss about them. Maybe someone's views were broadened a little bit. 

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. People have opinions on this and I think it's important to discuss about them. Maybe someone's views were broadened a little bit. 

actually youre right.

sorry about that comment.

im just over my head with the idea of bands/music being better than others. personally that just doesnt work with me.

That Lar~mia song is indeed only vaguely reminiscent. Completely different style and athmosphere here. I know that was probably not the point of posting it here, since people have their own way to be reminded of things.

To be honest, I don’t see any similiarities between that Metal(core) band and oldschool bands and I still try to figure out what you want to prove, blackdoll, with your constant nitpickings and strange comparisons. Even if the riffs were similiar or the same, the overall playing and musical style is completely different. I am sure you would find such riffs even in completely different genres as well. It’s not like certain riffs, notes or melodies are patented by certain genres. In fact, what constitues a style or genre is more the sum of all parts and how they are combined, than single elements. If it wasn’t like that any pop song would be able to classify as Rock or even Metal when they just use enough guitar lines.

maybe it was that comment about not wanting grieva to become metalcore. and yeah your right they are also love riffage/tunning for deathcore breakdowns