deftones2.jpg

?

Deftones are a Grammy award-winning experimental alternative rock band from Sacramento, California. They have often been praised as one of the more innovative and unique rock bands of recent years. Johnny Loftus writes, "Rock critics usually reserve a special place for Deftones above or at least away from the rest of the turn-of-the-century metal movement... Deftones have always seemed more curious, more willing to incorporate traditionally revered sounds like dream pop or D.C. hardcore into their northern California alt-metal

?

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

?
Deftones - Beauty School

?

?

One of my favorite bands ever!! I love chino's awesome vocals, and lyrics, and the bands over all instrumental ability.

I'm not really a huge deftones fan.. I went to see DeG and that was mostly it.. I've heard some of the deftones songs and they werent bad.. I just havent heard enough i suppose

I like some of their songs, haven't heard that many of 'em yet though.

The vocalist sounds pretty interesting.

Deftones are like the only "nu-metal" band that are still relevant nowadays, seeing as they keep introducing cool new shit into their music and don't stick to that HERP DERP formula that bands like Korn, Slipknot and Linkin Park are stuck in.

I dig these guys quite alot, I'd have wanted to see both them and Dir en grey back when they were on tour but sadly I wasn't in america :U

Love those deftones songs with serj tankian and max cavalera of soulfly!

great band =)

there should be "toured with deftones" as description for the dir en grey topic instead of like it is now :D

Deftones fuckin' rock. I've been a fan since Around the Fur and they are so talented. The only album I was never able to really get into was Saturday Night Wrist.

Deftones are a Grammy award-winning experimental alternative rock band from Sacramento, California.

They have often been praised as one of the more innovative and unique rock bands of recent years. Johnny Loftus writes, "Rock critics usually reserve a special place for Deftones above or at least away from the rest of the turn-of-the-century metal movement... Deftones have always seemed more curious, more willing to incorporate traditionally revered sounds like dream pop or D.C. hardcore into their northern California alt-metal

deftones2.jpg

I have 4 albums by them. Their newest, Saterday Night Wrist. Deftones, White Pony and Around The Fur. If anyone wants them ask so I will upload.

Here are some songs by them

Deftones - Hole In The Earth

Deftones - Hexagram

Deftones - Change(In The House Of Flies)

Deftones - My Own Summer(Shove It)

i like Deftones because they are inspired by a new wave band called Duran Duran (other wonderful band)

Diamond Eyes was a great album. I loved every song off of that album. Rocket Skates was flat out raw heaviness, and power. But I'm kinda interested to see what Eros sounds like. I hope they release that album sometime in the future. Hopefully Chi will be out of his coma by then.

I saw them live in NYC at Madison square garden along with Mastodon, and Alice in Chains(EPIC concert BTW). They totally rocked! They were so intense, and started a gigantic mosh pit. They finished off with 7 words, and it was quite brutal.

I Start listen Deftones when I hear them on matrix saundtarck

Diamond Eyes is wery good album but I like old Deftones more then new one

Just found out today, I'm going to see them again in May at the nokia theater. They're headlining and the Dillinger Escape Plan is opening so it will surely be awesome.

PFFFFFFFT they are coming to Finland

:DUUR::DUUR::DUUR::DUUR::DUUR:

and ironically, right after deg's performance - no coupling tours or something like that, just a pure coincidence

Every post-Around the Fur album rules, and pre-AtF albums are kinda good as well (quoting one good old school song: "suck suck suck suck suck suck suck!")

One of the most original acts from US imho

I never posted in this thread? What's wrong with me.

Been a fan since 9th grade in high school.

White Pony was what got me into them, of course.

Love their new sound (Saturday Night Wrist-era to Present).

They're really good. And like Furik, White Pony is how i found out about them.

Back to school was like all round the radio that time?

Then i found myspace and the rest is history.

Both era are good, and reminds me that i haven't

listen to them for a while. :mrgreen:

Chino's side project are also cool too.

They need to come back, but that's another thing.

Still praying for Chi, also.

Chino's side project are also cool too.

They need to come back, but that's another thing.

You mean Team Sleep?

You mean Team Sleep?

Yes. Heard their upcoming album need to be halted cos their label (Maverick)

want to make Deftones a priority. CMIIW.

I am still waiting though. Hope they're not just one album project,

they're too good to be true.

^ I've heard their album has been delayed for YEARs which sucks because the first album was incredible.

^Chino's side Project -Crosses- released a free EP online. It's pretty awesome. Favorite song has to be Thholyghst. It sounds very deftonish.

Also Chi finally awoke from his coma after 3 years. This is great news. He's still got a long road to recovery, but he's awake.

Edit. Nevermind. It appears there seems to be some kind of confusion on the above matter since a headline blew the circumstances out of proportion. Chi's still in his semi-comatose state, but not fully awake.