Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Atreyu

307vub9.jpg

?

Atreyu is an American metalcore band from Orange County, California, formed in 1998. The band consists of vocalist/lyricist Alex Varkatzas, guitarists Dan Jacobs and Travis Miguel, bassist Marc McKnight and drummer/vocalist Brandon Saller. The band was originally named "Retribution", but later changed their name to "Atreyu" (after the character of the same name from the fantasy book/movie The Neverending Story). Since their formation the band have since released five studio albums: Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses, The Curse, A Death-Grip on Yesterday, Lead Sails Paper Anchor, and Congregation of the Damned.

?

?

?

?

So these guys are pretty much legends in the metalcore genre considering they were one of the pioneering bands in the scene.?

They used to be considered screamo.

Now, I'd just say they're heavy rock.

Their newer music sucks the biggest balls ever.

C:

I love their old stuff.

I haven't really given the new CD a listen though really, but I really loved "Suicide notes and butterfly kisses" and "The Curse".

I advise NOT giving their new stuff a listen.

Because, after The Curse, they turned horrible.

:/

Sound nothing like the old Atreyu.

This is the album I've heard from them. I pretty much like it, though I can't compare it to thier older stuff since I haven't listened to it yet. Though I just recently got their new album and your right it doesnt really sound like atreyu anymore

Whoa wait.

That so totally did not make any sense.

You said you haven't listened to their old stuff.

But got the new CD.

And they don't sound like Atreyu anymore.

O_o

I mean compare the new album to this album. Even though I haven't heard their older stuff I know they changed a lot and don't sound the same because its obvious in their sound

OHH.

X3

I get it now.

Ahaha.

Listen to album The Curse.

Specifically Bleeding Mascara, Right Side of the Bed, and Nevada's Grace.

On Suicide Notes And Butterfly Kisses, listen to Lipgloss And Black.

X3

I loved the old Atreyu. Lipgloss and Black is probably my favorite song from them.

I hate it when good bands turn to shit.

I loved the old Atreyu. Lipgloss and Black is probably my favorite song from them.

I hate it when good bands turn to shit.

:]

I agree to the fullest extent.

Lipgloss And Black is a reallyreallyreally good song.

But Atreyu isn't the only one to go downhill.

Yep, just go the curse and it is good. Though I wonder after their newest album what direction they will choose when they put out another. If they'll go in the one their following or go back to their roots.

Their first two EPs were awesome.

Everything after sucked.

I do admit I liked the "Death-Grip" album but..

Don't give their new "Lead Sails" album a listen.

It is HORRIBLE. Seriously.

Eek.

I heard "Becoming the Bull" off of Lead Sails and liked it. Sure. Stone me to death and whatnot.

But now that I'm listening to their older stuff, it's so much more raw and not, how do I put it... synthesized and 'artificial.' It's understandable how people like Suicide Notes and The Curse better. Some powerful stuff. Thanks for the suggested songs. Love "Bleeding Mascara."

Is Atreyu going to headline the Taste of Chaos Tour 08?

Yes they are, from what I've read, but all the official stuff gets announced on the 8th.

I heard Atreyu first time at june at the Provinssirock festival. At first I thought that wow, they sound really good, but when they played Bon Jovi's cover You give love a bad name... I was sold.

oh man, atreyu failed so hard, it's rly sad PLUS a waste of talent! i rly hate them for changing from metalcore/post-hardcore to the present lame alternative/hard rock genre

"A Death-Grip on Yesterday" was their last good album - RIP good old atreyu and burn in hell new one ^^

I used to absolutely adore them, when my ex-girlfriend introduced Atreyu to me. Now, their time has passed XD. Avenged Sevenfold have passed then by a long shot, in my music taste.

Sign in to follow this