Cristate

[New Band] Jupiter : Versailles members reforming with new Vocalist

They sound similar to Versailles just as expected. It's still a decent song nevertheless. Zin's vocal is a bit more vk-ish I suppose

I love the music, but I'm gonna have to get used to Zin's voice. It is more VK-ish than Kamijo's. we'll see how other songs sound, but I'm really feeling this.

This is pretty much what I expected, which isn't bad at all. For some inexplicable reason, I like it a lot more because it's associated with Jupiter and not Versailles, even though I'm sure this was composed while Versailles was still active. 

Nice sound, but nothing so different from what Versailles offered or what metal music istelf can offer. This kind of music gets boring after a time for me (my very personal opinion).

Hizaki should remember the 90's Visual Kei and add some of it to his current music like changes in rythm, hypnotic sounds, etc.

The preview sounds like the worst Hizaki work I've heard, and Zin is so ... classic.

That's not bad at all compared to actual VK bands, but He did better, really.

Okay, now that we've heard more than a 1 second preview of ZIN's singing, I'm about 99.9% certain that he's the SLoD guy.

I like it.  Somehow, just changing the vocalist does give it a fairly different vibe imo.  Hopefully, their other songs will show more variety in the music, so we can get past the obvious "Versailles with a different vocalist" comparisons.

Nice sound, but nothing so different from what Versailles offered or what metal music istelf can offer. This kind of music gets boring after a time for me (my very personal opinion).

Hizaki should remember the 90's Visual Kei and add some of it to his current music like changes in rythm, hypnotic sounds, etc.

I think as long as it's Hizaki and Teru, it will always sound like Versailles. I love Versailles sound so even if they do sound similar, I love it and the new vocalist has a great voice so I am excited for Jupiter

ehh he sounds so weak, doesn't match the metal at all. To those that previously know ZIN, does he do any growls or screams? it seems like it from the preview with the pumping actions.

ehh he sounds so weak, doesn't match the metal at all. 

So as KAMIJO. 

Hope he will never try to sing power metal, or any kind of metal again, ew. 

Cant really tell by just one minute but this other guy seems to be more versatile and that is a nice thing. 

But the music still the same so, for now, I'll pass. 

So as KAMIJO. 

Cant really tell by just one minute but this other guy seems to be more versatile and that is a nice thing. 

Why do people think kamijo can't be a metal vocalist at all? because he doesn't sound like any other metal vocalist? i think he did a dam good job at it with god palace, aristocrat's symphony, the love from a dead orchestra, etc. anyway i like zin's vocals although this is some of the worst I've heard from the others music-wise. 

This sounds like a lazy form of pop metal i just don't think they care anymore and i know and have heard them do much better so i don't know what's up.

The feeling I get from this preview is no different from the feeling I got from most Versailles songs after JUBILEE. This is basically why Versailles started going downhill in the first place, because obviously Hizaki was out of ideas. It's not so much that their style of music has become boring for me, hell, they could shit out another 5 God Palaces and I'd still love every single one of them, it's just that it seems less convincing. For me personally Kamijo saved around 40% of those compositions from making me fall asleep during it (until at some point he started sounding less powerful than usual too). This ZIN guy sounds sort of...flat? I don't know, perhaps he'll develop just like Kamijo did, but at this point he sounds rather unexciting and doesn't really give the music a boost.

So as KAMIJO. 

He never really sang power metal, he sang his type of metal which suited his rhythm and vocal techniques. I doubt he can hang with the likes of Galneryus instrumentals.

So as KAMIJO. 

Agree, Kamijo wasn't good at singing in a metal band either. Often ending up being the weakest member in the song, when a song really needed a strong and powerful vocal performance it almost always fell flat. I don't know if ZIN will be any better, he sounds like your typical Visual Kei vocalist so we will just have to wait and see when the single comes out but anything is better than Kamijo in a metal band.

Music wise, it's what I would expect from a HIZAKI lead band. This is what HIZAKI does but it's not getting me all that excited for the single, despite preordering it anyway. I hope the B-sides are better.

So.
I'll sum it up.
IMO, we have to stop seeing it as a "Versailles with new vocalist." We need to see 4 awesome musicians that found each other, know how to play with each other. They ceased activity as their previous band, and needed to stay close for their future activities. Now, they needed a vocalist, they found one. Why do we keep comparing him to Kamijo ? It's not like he succeeds to him. Jupiter is a freaking new band. Get over the fact that 80% of the band is from Versailles.
Also, as all of you, I heard the Versailles-ish sound here. Let's all remember that HIZAKI was in studio with the rest of Jupiter the VERY NEXT DAY of the live @ NHK Hall, so yeah, of course, he composed these songs during Versailles. This is why I will, and lots of you should too, wait for the full album they are preparing to make a musical opinion on what they aim for. They were very clear in their interview about the fact that Versailles' concept actually kept them closed in a story they didn't want to continue. They were also clear about the fact that they want to be free in Jupiter, and that each member wants to make his songs in the band, without any "story".

Now, about vocals. They were also saying that ZIN has trained a lot since he was chosen to be the Vocalist. I think it's an opportunity for him to go major and to be with such musicians, that's why I think he'll put all his soul into his work. And if he's asked to scream, or growl, he'll fucking train for it until he can make it. I'm definitely certain about it.
So I'll just stay on a big "Wait & See" even though I already really like the preview.

So.

I'll sum it up.

IMO, we have to stop seeing it as a "Versailles with new vocalist." We need to see 4 awesome musicians that found each other, know how to play with each other. They ceased activity as their previous band, and needed to stay close for their future activities. Now, they needed a vocalist, they found one. Why do we keep comparing him to Kamijo ? It's not like he succeeds to him. Jupiter is a freaking new band. Get over the fact that 80% of the band is from Versailles.

Also, as all of you, I heard the Versailles-ish sound here. Let's all remember that HIZAKI was in studio with the rest of Jupiter the VERY NEXT DAY of the live @ NHK Hall, so yeah, of course, he composed these songs during Versailles. This is why I will, and lots of you should too, wait for the full album they are preparing to make a musical opinion on what they aim for. They were very clear in their interview about the fact that Versailles' concept actually kept them closed in a story they didn't want to continue. They were also clear about the fact that they want to be free in Jupiter, and that each member wants to make his songs in the band, without any "story".

Now, about vocals. They were also saying that ZIN has trained a lot since he was chosen to be the Vocalist. I think it's an opportunity for him to go major and to be with such musicians, that's why I think he'll put all his soul into his work. And if he's asked to scream, or growl, he'll fucking train for it until he can make it. I'm definitely certain about it.

So I'll just stay on a big "Wait & See" even though I already really like the preview.

Thanks, I totally agree to you.

Also, why should they want to have a "new" Verailles if Versailles isn't even disbanded?

Versailles and Jupiter are two projects and they excist both. 

It seriously unnecessary to compare them because you can't comepare a person with him / herself.

The only thing that is different is the cencept and the vocalists but isn't that what makes these two bands two unique projects?

So to conclude: I will support these guys no matter what they do.

Oh, and I think Kamijo has the perfect voice for Versailles. It wouldn't have had the 'Lestat' feeling that belonged in the story Versailles is based on if there wouldn't be Kamijo. (Btw don't forget that in a symphonic metal band vocalists often don't have powerful voices, often even really soft ones like Kamijo has one.)

So.

I'll sum it up.

Sorry but it is Versailles with an new vocalist essentially there's no denying that fact dude 

Also, why should they want to have a "new" Verailles if Versailles isn't even disbanded?

It seriously unnecessary to compare them because you can't comepare a person with him / herself.

The only thing that is different is the cencept and the vocalists but isn't that what makes these two bands two unique projects?

Oh, and I think Kamijo has the perfect voice for Versailles. It wouldn't have had the 'Lestat' feeling that belonged in the story Versailles is based on if there wouldn't be Kamijo. (Btw don't forget that in a symphonic metal band vocalists often don't have powerful voices, often even really soft ones like Kamijo has one.)

Its totally necessary to compare the two bands especially when they're the same band except for a different band name and vocalist how can you not expect people to compare the two bands? 

Sorry, I said it wrong. I just don't understand why is it essential to compare them, meaning when they'll release something, everyone will be like "Yeah this CD from Versailles was waaaay better than this" or "I prefer this release than any of Versailles' ". They're trying so hard to tell us they want to go from 0, that they were jailed in the concept of Versailles. Can't people just give them a chance as a brand new band that wants to show us how much they can do, not how much they can do compared to Versailles ?

Lots of good points here but the bolded part is pretty much essential to Versailles. Kamijo and Hizaki came up with the Versailles, I think it was Kamijo that brought up the concept to Hizaki first as I remember correctly. If you don't like Kamijo, you don't like Versailles as a whole basically. Without him, Versailles would never have existed else he did a variant much like Lareine.

Although, the comparisons are fair imo. If we break it down, much of Versailles style was already born from Hizaki's Grace Project but with a different vocalist and much more interesting drummer. Similarly, Jupiter is pretty much Versailles with a different vocalist whom I think is too soft for the Hizaki/Teru epic guitar rhythms. I don't want to derail this thread but with the current vocalist, the preview sounds like a more refined and hard hitting Misaruka who are also insanely similar but different in their own rights.

Can't wait for my pre-order, love Hizaki.

Yeah, Jupiter sounds quite much like Versailles. Not 100%, but almost close.

However, my main problem with Jupiter is the monotonous sound metal music tends to be bound to. I mean I am tired of the same old riffs I hear everytime in Versailles and other metal bands. There is nothing new about Jupiter apart from the new vocalist. Hizaki should blend more musical styles, take something from the 90's Visual Kei sound, etc etc etc.

Sorry about my poor English. I cannot express myself properly...

Sorry, I said it wrong. I just don't understand why is it essential to compare them, meaning when they'll release something, everyone will be like "Yeah this CD from Versailles was waaaay better than this" or "I prefer this release than any of Versailles' ". They're trying so hard to tell us they want to go from 0, that they were jailed in the concept of Versailles. Can't people just give them a chance as a brand new band that wants to show us how much they can do, not how much they can do compared to Versailles ?

If they wanted to be free from the concepts of Versailles why does the music sound almost exactly the same? anyway all I'm saying is you can get upset about it if you want but people naturally will compare them to Versailles there's no denying that especially when they sound so much alike.