Cristate

[New Band] Jupiter : Versailles members reforming with new Vocalist

I hope that if they do stick with the neo-classical / sort of symphonic thing that they pull from other influences. I know Hizaki has stated her finds inspiration in things like Angra and Dream Theater, but that really hasn't been reflected much in his latest compositions.

Basically, I'm afraid that they're going to rest on their laurels for the first 4 releases or so, then be like "oh crap" when everyone is bored, so they do something crazy musically (looking at you, Tokami) or bring back Versailles prematurely so they stay relevant. I'm hoping this isn't the case.

Basically, I'm afraid that they're going to rest on their laurels for the first 4 releases or so, then be like "oh crap" when everyone is bored, so they do something crazy musically (looking at you, Tokami) 

Just let Teru compose more songs :D

I think musically it's still going to be your standard heavy symphonic power metal music. I just hope that since they're not confined to the whole Versailles vampire story thing. They can expand and try new things which will be cool (like Teru composing more songs) :D

And really, if anyone here doesn't like Kamijo - why did they even click on the thread? 

Uhhhhh maybe because it's a thread about Jupiter? A band that has the all former Versailles members minus Kamijo. Which is why people are speculating what ZIN will be like and their opinions on Kamijo. All I'm saying is you need to get over the fact that the entire time Jupiter exists, especially with their first couple of singles or albums, everyone will be comparing ZIN to Kamijo. It's going to happen, happens with Malice Mizer to this day, happens with Moi Dix Mois happens with any band that has changed vocalists. ZIN has big shoes to fill and he has a fanbase of sexually frustrated pudgy girls to appease since they don't have Kamijo to rub off too anymore.

ZIN has big shoes to fill and he has a fanbase of sexually frustrated pudgy girls to appease since they don't have Kamijo to rub off too anymore.

Brilliant XD

Ya I think we can all agree that Holy Grail was their worst album and Kamijo's low point when it comes to his vocals (even though i'm a sucker that brought the Deluxe Box Limited Edtion of Holy Grail ^_^). Also I definately agree that Kamijo proformed brillently on the self titled (especally on Created Beauty) and was a definate comeback for Versailles after Holy Grail, great album :D. For me a Versailles without Kamijo is losing the main reason why I adore Versailles (especally in Noble) so unless Hizaki can pull of Galneryus' 'Angel of Salvation' tier guitar work/songwriting and/or Masashi is on top form in a large part of the songwriting, i'll can see myself very easily writing off Jupiter when I listen to their single :(.

It was my fave album, I loved all the songs in that album except vampire, to me it was the self-titled one that felt lackluster and didn't really represented them at their best.

But yes more Teru and Masashi(really love thanatos) should do like 2-3 songs each and the rest can give it up to Hizaki :)

I doubt Hizaki could do Syu type of metal, I just don't see him doing it

It was my fave album, I loved all the songs in that album except vampire, to me it was the self-titled one that felt lackluster and didn't really represented them at their best.

But yes more Teru and Masashi(really love thanatos) should do like 2-3 songs each and the rest can give it up to Hizaki :)

I doubt Hizaki could do Syu type of metal, I just don't see him doing it

Taste differ I guess :)

And as for Masashi, I wanna see more songs like 'Edge of the World', that was fucking amazing. Also I think Hizaki has the skill and talent to pull of Syu's Angel of Salvation tier guitar work, but as you said it probably won't happen unless he pulls out material which matches 'Faith and Decision'.

Taste differ I guess :)

And as for Masashi, I wanna see more songs like 'Edge of the World', that was fucking amazing. Also I think Hizaki has the skill and talent to pull of Syu's Angel of Salvation tier guitar work, but as you said it probably won't happen unless he pulls out material which matches 'Faith and Decision'.

that's one of my faves in that album :rock:

oh I don't doubt his skills, I just don't think it would match his music, Syu always has this aggressive feel to his music while I find Hizaki has a certain "romantic" edge

that's one of my faves in that album :rock:

oh I don't doubt his skills, I just don't think it would match his music, Syu always has this aggressive feel to his music while I find Hizaki has a certain "romantic" edge

It's my fav along with 'Rhapsody of the Darkness' and 'Created Beauty'.

For me Hizaki's typical style of guitar won't work for this band. It will sound like a Versailles/Hizaki Grace Project rip off (in my eyes anyway) so I wan't Hizaki to go all out :3

As a huge fan of Versailles and HIZAKI himself, I'm really looking forward to Jupiter. I've always supported them in whatever they did (except for Rhapsody of the Darkness which was the biggest musical crap on that damn earth, imo), but I seriously have to admit that by the sample, it feels like they just recorded a song HIZAKI has composed for Holy Grail and that was finnaly not released.
I'm seriously praying for them to turn to something else, something more "epic" like God Palace, or Princess, if they want to remain in the spirit of Versailles.

they will hold their presents live "The Wishing Ceremony" at LIQUIDROOM ebisu at 2013/08/29

[participating artists]
Jupiter
摩天楼オペラ(matenrou opera)
Art Cube
MEJIBRAY
NOCTURNAL BLOODLUST
and more...

So ZIN is basically the vocalist from SLOD? That's a bit surprising, but not in a bad way. He has an interesting voice. 

An album? Wow that was fast.

My initial guess is Versailles' leftovers. Either tracks that were composed for them that never fit or tracks that they didn't get to put on their next release. I'm really not expecting anything different.

their new maxi single "BLESSING OF THE FUTURE" will be released through Universal Music at 2013/07/24 (2 TYPE)

deluxe edition (2,980yen) will include CD+DVD (including "BLESSING OF THE FUTURE" PV & making)+photo booklet, and regular edition (1,260yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.BLESSING OF THE FUTURE
02.SHOUT YOUR DESIRE
03.ARIA

"SHOUT YOUR DESIRE" "ARIA" will NOT be included in their forthcoming new album

their new maxi single "BLESSING OF THE FUTURE" will be released through Universal Music at 2013/07/24 (2 TYPE)

deluxe edition (2,980yen) will include CD+DVD (including "BLESSING OF THE FUTURE" PV & making)+photo booklet, and regular edition (1,260yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]

01.BLESSING OF THE FUTURE

02.SHOUT YOUR DESIRE

03.ARIA

"SHOUT YOUR DESIRE" "ARIA" will NOT be included in their forthcoming new album

Blessing of the future? probably the cheesiest title i have ever seen hahaha and "SHOUT YOUR DESIRE" really? sounds like they got lazy and just combined "Shouts & Bites" and "Beast of Desire" together hahahaha and all in caps too? couldn't be any worse.

The post above me is what we are going to be expecting for another year until the Versailles comparisons stop. They better not make a song with the words "Choir" or "Rose"

I'm kind of excited for the PV. It always helps to have a visual aid for the first releases of a band. Would've helped out if GALEYD had made a PV for their first mini album or UNDIVIDE haha,

I doubt they could do anything about a rose, I heard it was a Kamijo-Hizaki concept to begin with. Since its not Versailles, no rose. Although I am still not sure what concept is Jupiter supposed to be like.