Cristate

[New Band] Jupiter : Versailles members reforming with new Vocalist

What is his source to confirm that ZIN is really Kaito though

I'm not saying that it's not true, just that he doesn't tell how he managed to know that, and if it's the same reasonment we had on this thread, it's not 100% sure, but yea there are high chances that it's really him

My only wish is that people won't judge Jupiter even before they release anything (wether it's a positive or negative judgment), just cause they listened to the previous bands of that new singer, he probably improved since these bands

Musically I don't imagine it to be all that different, except now they're SPACE VAMPIRES!

Actually since I assume they're not confined to the Versailles story they can branch out from doing aristocratic vampire themed Anne Rice music and possibly experiment more and do new things. So I'm looking forward to that, hope Teru composes more songs.

Amazing how people are making judgement calls on how ZIN will sound in this band based off of one segment of music. May I once again remind everybody how in Versailles' early days Kamijo was often ridiculed as the weakest part of the band because "deep vocals in power metal is unheard of". Now the revisionist visual fans just hopped off the hype bus and pretend like this never happened.

We'll see what happens when we actually get some music out of them. Until then try not to be so negative of everything.

Guest pixyfalse01.

SPACE VAMPIRES!

:D

I didn't dislike Kamijo, but somehow I am glad he is gone. And yay for Masashi, he's a good bassist. But I really don't like the generic drum like in the sample. It's clear that these guys are opting for this tacky speed metal sound, but please, doing kick drum blast beats all way through? They will be cheesy enough, and I don't want a band like Rhapsody of Fire anymore, as they are cheesy enough.

Sorry, I gotta paste this cheesy piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxGu5HjarmU

Epic Gouda!

Cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, I like that word, cheesy, cheesy, cheesy maasdamer.

Guest Magatsu

lol,

ZIN is KAITO you can hear it.

but we know for sure if they release their first single.

and playing with no name bands is good.

maybe the no name bands gain new fans.

and also people love to play at friends events.

nothing wrong with that.

and maybe they want to start in small clubs because they have to less songs to do ONE MAN gigs.

Guest pixyfalse01.

and maybe they want to start in small clubs because they have to less songs to do ONE MAN gigs.

there is no only 2 way. one man gig or events in small clubs with noname bands.

I'm curious, did you guys think kamijo was bad even before holy grail? i don't understand the hate i think kamijo has a unique and charismatic voice and it fit Versailles very well in the beginning.

He wasn't so bad, but in Lyrical sympathy or in Noble he was singing like... oh, god, my english... as he had a lump in his throat. Hope you get whatta mean... xD Then this maniere disappeared and was good. 

He wasn't so bad, but in Lyrical sympathy or in Noble he was singing like... oh, god, my english... as he had a lump in his throat. Hope you get whatta mean... xD Then this maniere disappeared and was good. 

are you kidding? i adored his voice more than ever on those releases and showcases his talents best in my opinion... i don't understand why he stopped singing that way.

This is actually quite off-topic (considering Kamijo is not part of this project), but I'll give my two cents on this.

When it comes to Kamijo's Versailles vocals, I think you can split them up in three stages.

Stage one: debut - Noble

Stage two: major debut - Jubilee

Stage three: DESTINY -The Lovers- - hiatus

Stage one included Kamijo still experimenting and getting used to singing in a lower tone. It sounded quite forced at some points, but it never bothered me too much. Then stage two was (in my opinion) when he had pretty much mastered that voice. He sounded great on Jubilee, and great live too when I heard him (note, WHEN I heard him, blame the loud fangirls). After that it...I don't know, he kind of seemed to have lost the power he had back then. I don't know what caused it (perhaps the excessive amounts of smoking), but it really made his vocals sound less sincere. I hope he'll be able to get that power back for his solo songs if it's not health-related.

This is actually quite off-topic (considering Kamijo is not part of this project), but I'll give my two cents on this.

When it comes to Kamijo's Versailles vocals, I think you can split them up in three stages.

Don't forget, before the deepness of Lyrical Sympathy ("stage 1"), he had his awkward high-pitched (Lareine-ish) vocals on the Revenant Choir debut ("stage zero" if you will, haha).  Prince and "stage 2" are definitely my favorites for Kamijo vocals.

I wonder if ZIN might also have some vocal experimenting in their first few releases.  (Another reason for people not to make snap judgements, especially based on a sample that's like 3 seconds long, haha)  If he is indeed the SLOD/ Tokami guy, I wonder if his voice has "matured" any.

Stage one included Kamijo still experimenting and getting used to singing in a lower tone. It sounded quite forced at some points, but it never bothered me too much. Then stage two was (in my opinion) when he had pretty much mastered that voice. He sounded great on Jubilee, and great live too when I heard him (note, WHEN I heard him, blame the loud fangirls). After that it...I don't know, he kind of seemed to have lost the power he had back then. I don't know what caused it (perhaps the excessive amounts of smoking), but it really made his vocals sound less sincere. I hope he'll be able to get that power back for his solo songs if it's not health-related.

well said, although I would attribute Stage 3 to their light~rose~darkness concept which seemed to call for a lighter voice. In comparison to stage one which imo is just them doing undead themed songs which I loved but I made more sense with a darker voice

Don't forget, before the deepness of Lyrical Sympathy ("stage 1"), he had his awkward high-pitched (Lareine-ish) vocals on the Revenant Choir debut ("stage zero" if you will, haha).  Prince and "stage 2" are definitely my favorites for Kamijo vocals.

I wonder if ZIN might also have some vocal experimenting in their first few releases.  (Another reason for people not to make snap judgements, especially based on a sample that's like 3 seconds long, haha)  If he is indeed the SLOD/ Tokami guy, I wonder if his voice has "matured" any.

that Lareine vocals seriously threw me off when I first heard it lol

I don't mind the ZIN guy if he truly is the Tokami vocalist. As I went back to listen to some Tokami, not a huge fan but I did like them when I first heard them, he was very similar to Asagi and I liked Asagi. That band just had less metal to them compared to D.

Is this confirmed to be Hizaki's band as in Hizaki will take full creative control?

I don't think he is a terrible singer, I mean in a different style of music he would be fine. However in this style of power metal, especially their later releases he just didn't have that power in his voice that this kinda music needs. Yeah Rhapsody of Fire is cheesy cornball band but at least Fabio fucking owns it like a boss, even if he's going on about slaying dragons and boning princesses he still just pushes that song making it an epic bombastic experience. Kamijo those moments in a song were it really need that OOMPH just ended up falling flat. I think he was just out of his element and will probably do fine in softer rock music.

I don't think he is a terrible singer, I mean in a different style of music he would be fine. However in this style of power metal, especially their later releases he just didn't have that power in his voice that this kinda music needs. Yeah Rhapsody of Fire is cheesy cornball band but at least Fabio fucking owns it like a boss, even if he's going on about slaying dragons and boning princesses he still just pushes that song making it an epic bombastic experience. Kamijo those moments in a song were it really need that OOMPH just ended up falling flat. I think he was just out of his element and will probably do fine in softer rock music.

I honestly think aristocrat's symphony and god palace were fantastic vocal performances by kamijo though and in my opinion his best. 

I seriously don't get why you're all hating on Kamijo and his vocals. I love his voice, I really do. But it's my opinion. Then secondly - ZIN is not trying to be a second Kamijo. Versailles stills excists too. 

And:

This thread is about Jupiter, okay? We should be excited that they didn't stop making great music!

I don't think anyone said ZIN is trying to be like Kamijo.

Also what do you expect, Jupiter is pretty much a Versailles reboot with a new singer so of course people are going to compare him to Kamijo. Though right now it's silly since we only heard not even a few seconds of his singing but it's going to happen and it's going to happen forever and ever as long as Jupiter exists with the former Versailles line up. 

I don't think anyone said ZIN is trying to be like Kamijo.

Also what do you expect, Jupiter is pretty much a Versailles reboot with a new singer so of course people are going to compare him to Kamijo. Though right now it's silly since we only heard not even a few seconds of his singing but it's going to happen and it's going to happen forever and ever as long as Jupiter exists with the former Versailles line up. 

But that is what I've read (not only here but also on YT etc.).

And Versailles still excists. Jupiter is a side band and so is Kamijo's solo project. They want to try out something new and they shouldn't be blamed for that. And how does the comparism has anything to do with their line-up? Of course, we know these four as Versailles members, but if they can play well together then it's just good. We should more see it like this: Versailles - with Kamijo and Jupiter - with Zin. No problem. This is a way they can have songs in different styles. And Kamijo can try out more with his voice that is more his Lareine style and that probably wouldn't fit with Versailles. They still are all connected. How is there a problem? 

And really, if anyone here doesn't like Kamijo - why did they even click on the thread? 

^ Because KAMIJO is not in this project whatsoever? He is not part of the band, ZIN is. Also I guess it's going a bit off-topic with all the KAMIJO talk, so I'll just keep it at that and continue to the actual thread topic.

I'm not too excited, actually. Mostly because I felt that Hizaki's compositions were running a bit dry near the end of Versailles, so I was actually hoping he'd take a break. I sort of hope he'll let the other members compose too (especially Teru) and I wonder how ZIN's voice will fit into this project.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in, but I gotta say I almost 100% agree with Sai on the details of how Kamijo's voice evolved, but I found that Holy Grail was his worst period and I don't know what that was attributed to. But I think for the last era of the band his voice was fine. I mean yeah maybe average, but average was definitely accepted over Holy Grail which just had a LOT of bland moments where Kamijo didn't sound as totally GLORIOUS as it did on the first two albums and EP. Regardless, his work on the self-titled last album was flawless. He sounded great, just in time for him to start up his solo project with the voice he used on either Jubilee or Versailles.

Like someone else mentioned, I really don't think "Versailles" is dead, I think they're just doing other projects and in the future they may reunite. Who knows? I don't. But for now let's enjoy Kamijo's solo project and Jupiter.

I was taken aback by this news at first because it was so soon after Versailles initial disbandment, but I think this really did test my love for the musicians themselves apart from the name of "Versailles" if you know what I mean. Like of course I loved V's theme and atmosphere, but it wouldn't have been what it was if it didn't have the amazing individual musicians. 

That being said, a what-is-essentially-Versailles without Kamijo is going to be different and interesting, but I am totally ready to hear a full song and hear how the voice sounds. Hopefully he's at least good because I already KNOW I'm going to love the instrumentalists.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in, but I gotta say I almost 100% agree with Sai on the details of how Kamijo's voice evolved, but I found that Holy Grail was his worst period and I don't know what that was attributed to. But I think for the last era of the band his voice was fine. I mean yeah maybe average, but average was definitely accepted over Holy Grail which just had a LOT of bland moments where Kamijo didn't sound as totally GLORIOUS as it did on the first two albums and EP. Regardless, his work on the self-titled last album was flawless. He sounded great, just in time for him to start up his solo project with the voice he used on either Jubilee or Versailles.

Like someone else mentioned, I really don't think "Versailles" is dead, I think they're just doing other projects and in the future they may reunite. Who knows? I don't. But for now let's enjoy Kamijo's solo project and Jupiter.

I was taken aback by this news at first because it was so soon after Versailles initial disbandment, but I think this really did test my love for the musicians themselves apart from the name of "Versailles" if you know what I mean. Like of course I loved V's theme and atmosphere, but it wouldn't have been what it was if it didn't have the amazing individual musicians. 

That being said, a what-is-essentially-Versailles without Kamijo is going to be different and interesting, but I am totally ready to hear a full song and hear how the voice sounds. Hopefully he's at least good because I already KNOW I'm going to love the instrumentalists.

Ya I think we can all agree that Holy Grail was their worst album and Kamijo's low point when it comes to his vocals (even though i'm a sucker that brought the Deluxe Box Limited Edtion of Holy Grail ^_^). Also I definately agree that Kamijo proformed brillently on the self titled (especally on Created Beauty) and was a definate comeback for Versailles after Holy Grail, great album :D. For me a Versailles without Kamijo is losing the main reason why I adore Versailles (especally in Noble) so unless Hizaki can pull of Galneryus' 'Angel of Salvation' tier guitar work/songwriting and/or Masashi is on top form in a large part of the songwriting, i'll can see myself very easily writing off Jupiter when I listen to their single :(.