Sign in to follow this  
nekkichi

YOHIO - BREAK the BORDER

I love how this thread has outlived this album's fleeting relevance, lol.

guess the album was made to be reviewed, rather than to be listened

Don't mean to get off topic but I just felt like replying when I read all the other comments ;P

I've never heard this album, in fact I've only heard a few songs by YOHIO even though I'm swedish and he's become kind of "famous" here now for being so japanese, and OH SOOO big in Japan.

I don't deny he has fans in Japan, it's just rarely anyone who's into VK, from what I've seen it's mainly jpop lovers who thinks he's cute or something. Well, the thing that bothers me is the fact that VK has been pretty dead here since about 2010, then he showed and now there's some weird boom of people liking swedish bands who try to be VK :/ very confusing indeed. As a long time VK lover (of japanese bands) this annoys me and also it feels like a slight insult to japanese bands.

I went to a live gig in January, the mainact was a japanese indies band, and the opening band was Seremedy's vocalists new band. All the young kids looking like they really tried being VK but really mostly looked emo, was so into that! Then the japanese band enters the stage and half the crowd leaves O_o

I felt so sad for that poor band. They ended up playing for what, like 30 people since half left :P

Also, another thing that bugs me is that everyone here who hadn't the slightest idea what VK was before YOHIO now thinks it's a genre for kids in Japan, that he is AMAZINGLY big there and that all bands look like him. Which obviously is false, false and false. I don't have anything personal against him, but he's started something which has made it almost embarrassing to say that you like VK now... -.-

Sign in to follow this