Messenger84

the Gazette WORLD TOUR 2013

the setlist is exactly the same as the one they've played during tour in Japan - so this is a regular setlist. and in my opinion it's great :)

Certainly not the setlist of neither the Diplosomia tours, nor the VENOMOUS CELL tour/s ( whichever ) and prior to those half of the played songs in that set didn't even exist.

So calling bs. Source pls

Apparently Ruki took on stage an italian flag during their concert in Paris. I bet French fans are mad or something xDDDD

I still can't believe that I'm gonna see them the day after tomorrow *__*

They're going nowhere near the US either. This isn't the first time our country has been completely ignored either.

Imagine how I'd feel, being from AUS.

No one ever comes down here. :c

not to raise offensive impression ,

if i were to tour abroad, id go 'safe' as well -

on top of that, if people are expecting more of a 'regular' visits,

then expecting a gig like a christmas or end-of-the-world-goodbye-this-is-our-last setlist

wouldnt be something feasible .

and besides, even tho im not a domestic fan or listener in/from japan,

id still encourage them to 'take care' their domestic fans FIRST,

then, the otherwise . ive seen many many cases when some celebrity or musicians become

careless toward their root and where they came out of -

besides, gazette IS going abroad pretty 'late' than other bands (dir en grey, mucc, etc)

despite the international interests toward them .

i think it's a decent and solid setlist . current gazette's strategy would be 'promote' first ,

cause after all, not all rock fans know wth is gazette or some weird asians with makeups ,

it took time for dir en grey (dir en grey we're talking about)

to establish some acknowledgement amongst international rock-fests .

maybe sometime later would be more of a festive tour from gazette.

that is not exactly the point

i dont mind the length of the setlist and its normal so i can accept it.

some of us were just mentioning that , because they played way more songs on their other europe tour(s)before, so its not like they never did it before.

This shit shouldn't be accepted just because it sounds "logical" for them to do the least amount of work possible. I don't know what domestic fans have anything to do with this shit either. The japs have been getting annual touring and album releases, so I'm sure the domestic fanbase will get through September just fine and nobody ends up hanging on the cross. 

on top of that, if people are expecting more of a 'regular' visits,

then expecting a gig like a christmas or end-of-the-world-goodbye-this-is-our-last setlist

wouldnt be something feasible .

A regular gig from The GazettE would be from 20 to 24 songs long with Ride with the rockers and not to mention they rarely abstain from playing Kantou either. They've been doing that for so long it feels like taking out an integral part of their show. At least they had the decency to keep Linda. 

You mentioned promotion too, Why? They're more popular here than ever before, and it's not like the gigs were advertised at all anyway because the lot of 'em sold out as soon as the tickets were out. I haven't seen one poster or anything like that anywhere. I honestly doubt this tour did anything in terms of promoting. It's just answering the demand they've had for years, but for understandable reasons they've stayed in Japan touring and recording and stayed out after the 2007 tour ( with legit setlists btw ). 

The problem here is with principle. It's so extremely lame for bands to come here and play a _super expensive_ one man that lasts for a good hour at best. In fact the price wasn't much lowered from the pricing of their arena shows in Japan ( don't quote me on that though ). There could be venue restrictions and so on like what was mentioned previously, but there's no problems like that of any sort in my country so really I doubt that's the case

Guest Magatsu

Maybe it's the matter of time?

because gigs in Japan always start way earlier than over here. maybe that's the reason why the setlist is shorter. because they have to finish in time.

read my post:

they already did it BEFORE. so not like this could be a reason.

but yea like i said i dont give a single fuck. just going because i liked them in the past.

Guest Magatsu

No it can be a reason. Different clubs different rules. also rules of the clubs can change.

also I  remember when I join tours that sometimes, clubs don't care about end "time". and sometimes the band need to be out as soon as possible after the gig.

But don't they play kinda big setlist?

16 songs isn't that short. 100% with small MC's and encore.

1½ hour is long enough and totally normal.

I also don't really give a shit. I've saw bands who even played lesser than 1 hour in Europe.

Not time restrictions either. Bands play well into midnight in the Circus, nosturi and every other venue here Vk bands have been here. For abroad If Dir en grey, Black:list, Despa, gazette 2007 etc. had the opportunity to play marathon sets, I'm sure The Gazette 2013 is no different.

And yeah of course you don't give a shit since you're not a pressed stan like I am. You don't know what they play, what they've done, and foremost it never concerned you in the first place. What I know is that the setlist we get is a gutted version of what they do on every other occasion.

Of course it's not a crime, and I'm not personally hurt by it, but it's still shit. Just like it's dumb whenever every single non-fan marches in going "DAT NOT SO BAD xD?" when they don't know shit. Stick with what you know nigga.

Guest Magatsu

Lolz. but many bands play same setlist over again at tours. or they only switch 1 song.

Ok it's not cool if you almost go to every gig and that you see the same setlist over and over.

But if it's really that Shit, then write down an angry nice message to B7clan who can transfer your words to the band. that's the only solution to might get a different setlist.

and I also do follow the Gazette, just not really write about them. but I don't really care about setlits or other stuff.

The setlists that I've seen recently on this "world tour" are just bad. I could understand if they were playing in Japan and they stuck with these songs because they are still relatively fresh. This wouldn't be much of an issue if the recent few albums weren't as low tier. However, when doing a tour of this magnitude, one would think/expect Variety would be present. The oversea's fans really aren't getting much of a treat besides what, LEECH? FITB, BID, COCKROACH and LINDA? And most of those songs are pretty much staples in your average Gaze Set list. Despa (even though Monsters was a bit of a downer) , D.E.G. and I'm pretty sure even MIYAVI's setlist's were/are more varied and note worthy than what they're doing now. DIR EN GREY had this same issue back in 2010 when I saw them but I believe the case was that they hopped on last minute or something to Apo's tour which resulted in a time constraint on their sets. The GazettE legit has no excuse here, its a total one man(band) show with no openers and such. The people attending this may have a harsh response or feeling to what I or the above posters thoughts but facts are facts. This is terrible...

EDIT: I saw GIRUGAMESH at Anime Boston a few years ago and even for a con/the fact that their recent material at the time was total chips, they too were able to provide a decent set for also a nice amount of time.

I just came home from Toulouse and all I can say is that this was the best concert in my life... they played a lot of songs I wanted to hear (speaking about the songs they already played in other countries)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-gazette/2013/le-phare-tournefeuille-france-4bc78bd6.html

I missed COCKROACH, Ruder and LEECH though. 

I ended up buying 2 t-shirts and a towel haha