If not:

EPMD

Outkast

UGK

MOP

Organized Konfusion

Realisticly, RTJ is in the same rank as Heltah Skeltah or Smif N Wessun

#FREEX

XXXTENTACION is a Florida rapper from broward county just like other Underground rappers like, Denzel Curry , $ki Mask The Slump God, Yung Simmie ect. While he's crazy and his lyrics aren't for the easily offended, he's really lyrical along with his sort of rap-partner $ki. They're both amazing and when X gets out of jail I can see him and Ski rising to popularity quickly seeing as how X's face is just about everywhere now. Most people discover X nowadays through his song "Look At Me".

I hate to be kind of hit and run band posting here, but this is kind of a big deal so I give myself the liberty. Migos' Culture is out. 

It's not that long ago when Migos just seemed to be around as this old lion that no one had the courage to put down due to mutual gratitude. The impact of their 2015 was like nothing at all at the very best, and it's therefore all the more surprising they dun go release Bad & Boujee, and now they're huge.  That's a late fucking career resurgence for rap music. I listened to this once, thought it was aight. T-shirt and Bad & Boujee were the best tracks innit. Sufficient throughout, but I already know which tracks I'm going to keep playing and which I won't. 

Been largely out of the internet for this year until now, so I have no clue what's due for a release and I even just found about this off of youtube recommendations. 

Joel Grind of Toxic Holocaust fame knows and collects more than just metal, and his memphis rap mix is dope as fuck. I need to check out most of these artists a bit closer, and that 3 Memphis Kniccas track's beyond most rap I've heard in a long time. Brilliant!

Been spinning both that Joel Grind - Memphis Devil Shit mix tape and 3 Memphis Kniccas' "Kill 'em Dead" a lot since yesterday. Loving both the mix tape and the 3MK tape. I just love that raw, dark, gritty sound of the majority of these artists.

Gave Criminal Mafia - Tha Crucifixion and Manson Family - Heltah Skeltah a spin at work today, too, and they both seem really damn good too. Especially Criminal Mafia is exactly what I am looking for at the moment. That raw production is just top notch.

Freddie Gibbs announced a new album titled ‘You Only Live 2wice’ expected to be released the 31st of this month. 

Also dropped a new single and man, it feels good to get a new tune from him.

The boss is back to business. 

Spoiler

C6aTCGbU4AAAcgP.jpg

You Only Live 2wice is fucking huge, what an album, it was worth the wait. Can't stop spinning it. 

Has anyone listened Kendrick's new album yet? Wanted to know what the hype around it is all about and now I know, it's fucking dope. 

^ I find the second half to be a lil bit weaker but nothing serious, it's really a fun album. I also love how DAMN. is 55 minutes long and doesn't seem so long, whilst To Pimp a Butterfly is longer and you can feel every minute of it. I don't mean that TPaB is boring but they're two different albums, they sound totally different. 

Also catching up with the latest Death Grips right now, it was about damn time!

I listened to humble and went like "eek." I'm going to try it when I get home, but there is this really off putting smug fedora rap vibe in Kendrick and that might just be something that I get from the fans rather than the artist. I'm a humble ninja who enjoys his Migos and 2 chainz

Living and breathing for Sremmlife 2. Swae Lee is on fire in general like Perfect Pint from Ransom 2, jesus. Ransom 2 🔥🔥

ˆ afaik that stormzy song has quite an, uncommon sound for grime. The stuff that I'm familiar with sounds more like a British counterpart for mid 2000's south like young jeezy. 

Did you try Skepta's last album? Along with Stormzy he is probably the biggest import atm.  Shutdown is hugely popular here ( i'm not the biggest fan ) 

9 hours ago, Disposable said:

ˆ afaik that stormzy song has quite an, uncommon sound for grime. The stuff that I'm familiar with sounds more like a British counterpart for mid 2000's south like young jeezy. 

Did you try Skepta's last album? Along with Stormzy he is probably the biggest import atm.  Shutdown is hugely popular here ( i'm not the biggest fan ) 

Is it? I'm not too familiar with grime, but isn't Functions on the Low a really classic grime tune/instrumental? Anyway, checked out Stormzy's debut album and it's alright, but it's 10-15 minutes too long and there's no red thread going through the album. At it's best it's phenomenal, but there's some songs that sticks out and just doesn't fit in with the rest of the album.

Not tried Skepta's last album, but I am familiar with him, and I do like what's I've heard.

But I need to dig deeper into the grime scene. I really like this genre.

Edited by Bear

@Takadanobabaalien

That album rules. The second one is a bit heavier on the duller tracks, although Hypnotise is all time top 10

@Bear

There's something about stormzy's delivery that I find off-kilter. I like that song, but I recently tried the new album and got bored. As far as rap music goes I really like the most over the top hyper masculine stuff the best, and he is a bit strange somehow. That track is really good tho

idk if you'll like this or not, but this is a famous grime album on the internet 

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/roadside-gs/grimetapes_com-roadside-gs/

When I think of how grime sounds I always think of this one first.

We seem to be on net as far as grime goes.

Btw, I just love how productive Czarface is. 4 excellent albums since 2013 is just fantastic, and Every Hero Needs a Villain might be one of my all time favourite hip hop albums. Raw and dirty boom bap at its very best.

Best song ever!

So today we got Lil Yachty's album and Dropwoptop

Haven't tried the former yet, the latter is okay. I don't think it's even close to last year's Savage Mode which might be my favourite release of 2016. Seriously grew on me and I'm still listening to it constantly 

This bangs so fucking hard I can't even

Edited by Disposable

I like Playboi Carti even though I don't think there's a single instance of him really 'rapping'. I could listen to his ad-libs of "what?" "huh" and "*laser sounds*" for hours though. The flute in "Magnolia" is summer-time sounding as hell too, perfect for July. No one will remember this shit a decade from now but it's fun.

(Is it just me or does the dancing with the black umbrella bit look like it could be for a VK photoshoot?)

On 10/07/2017 at 11:43 PM, The Reverend said:

I like Playboi Carti even though I don't think there's a single instance of him really 'rapping'. I could listen to his ad-libs of "what?" "huh" and "*laser sounds*" for hours though. The flute in "Magnolia" is summer-time sounding as hell too, perfect for July. No one will remember this shit a decade from now but it's fun.

(Is it just me or does the dancing with the black umbrella bit look like it could be for a VK photoshoot?)

Love the song. Haven't listened to the album yet but I like some of the cuts that I've already heard like the tracks featuring lil uzi

Saw suicideboys in Tallinn past Tuesday and had a terrific time. I think I'll catch them again with Migos at a festival in August. I'm still torn whether I'll go see Young Thug/Aphex Twin or Suicideboys/Migos. I can make the company only pay for one festival :V