Zeus

Hizumi (D'espairsRay Vo.) announcement

Ok what.

Firstly, this is not an announcement. This is Hizumi musing over music in the UMBRELLA newsletter.

And what do you mean by "omg it means he's full healed"??!? Between which lines did you read that?

You are being a bit misleading.

"So far when it comes to me, "music = singing", and when I have been thinking about it there haven't been any alternatives,
Somehow I don't know which form to put UMBRELLA but I've been thinking about taking music part of it"

This means nothing more than what it says. He's been thinking of it. Since for him, music has always been associated with singing, he's unsure if how to do it, clearly alluding to his throat condition. He's been talking about making music part of UMBRELLA before, so it's nothing new.

Believe me, no one would be happier than me to see D'espa make a comeback. I haven't given up hope, I never will, even if it will grow smaller over the years. But it's still too early.

nekkichi, I have to assume you haven't seen D'espa live for like 5 years? Because if you had, you would have thought different. That man's voice is broken.

When D'espairsRay first announced their hiatus, this sentence was a part of their announcement:

The reason for this hiatus is to allow HIZUMI (vo.) to fully recover from a past illness that has affected his throat and made it difficult to sing. HIZUMI has dealt with this rare throat condition for over a year, but the band's busy touring and recording schedule hasn't allowed him the time to fully undergo treatment. He currently plans to spend the early part of next year in recovery, and return to the band as soon as possible.

Doesn't this sound like he was planning on returning at some point? Their official reasoning for breaking up was that Hizumi didn't see an end to his recovery in sight (which I find a little fishy, since it doesn't take that long to recover from any type of surgery unless there was permanent damage, and if there was then he wouldn't talk about coming back). Plus, I remember reading an excerpt out of Hizumi's blog where he was detailing his battle with his still unnamed illness, what it's done to his vocal cords, his feelings towards it and his desires for now and the future. Those desires also included him returning to music in the future, once he dealt with everything. UMBRELLA always seemed like a side-project that partially interested him, partially was to pay the bills, and partially was to remain relevant in the music scene. This announcement culminates in all of the hints he's been dropping.

Plus, let's look at all of the vocalists that have had some type of vocal surgery. It never takes three years to come back from - that would be a death sentence. Even Kyo, master of vocal cord destruction, was only out for a year. I'd bet the farm that whatever is stopping him from coming back doesn't involve his voice - it involves more personal issues we can only speculate on. This musing over returning to music has an undertone of "my voice is ready but I don't think I am", but it's still more than we've heard out of him concerning music in a while. If he weren't healed, he wouldn't even be considering this, especially if we take the official message and his response to the band he invested a decade of his life in at face value.

So D'espairsRay isn't returning from the ashes. I still feel like it's something hefty that maybe not everyone knows and some people want an update. I didn't think so many people would whine about it.

I don't think Umbrella was doing well at all. I know I know, another one of those my friend said this and that, however this friend along with another mutual friend went and saw him at an in store event and basically said that the whole thing was pretty sad. He had a little table in the back of the store selling his jewelry and there was hardly anyone there to see him. After what she told me, not surprising Umbrella is not doing well as expected.

I'm not being spiteful or douchey, it's pretty sad. The whole thing with his voice going to hell is pretty sad and then his attempt to stay relevant is also just sad.

I didn't think so many people would whine about it.

The hell do you mean, "whine about it"??

The only thing I was pointing out was that is was not an announcement! Labelling it as an announcement is just very misleading. So there was one ass doing the voice-conspiracy thing but why even waste breath on that!? As for the rest of the replies here, there is nothing but enthusiasm.

Honestly, there's nothing I want more than Hizumi returning to music. Since from the start it has been clear that music will be a part of UMBRELLA, I'm actually surprised he took this long to say anything about it.  I think he meant to compose music of his own, not to sing. Now since it seems like UMBRELLA is doing as good as planned, who knows what he'll do. Most importantly, none of us know anything about his throat condition, I think we really shouldn't speculate about the process. Hizumi obviously don't want us to.

I never meant to offend you or anyone here or crumple your hopes, I thing hope is a beautiful thing. I just think you read way more in between the lines than there was in substance. Let's wait for an official announcement before we get our panties in a twist.