Spike760

I forgot Cunning Killer was a thing so I just listened to it. When the music drops so Wataru can scream “self-awareness release of the go” like a 5 year old stomping his feet at his mom, I lost my shit. 

On 11/30/2019 at 11:15 AM, YuyoDrift said:

Ouch, I actually enjoyed some of DIAMOND lol.

they did their little nobudget glay copycat act relatively well for a while, the embarrassment of a former UCP band recording their major album streak is unreal tho.

4 hours ago, raspberrynilla said:

Finally someone else! It's probably my favorite album by theirs haha

It’s also my favourite album by them 🙂 i think they never did better like on the self-titled.

On 11/28/2019 at 10:04 PM, Elazmus said:

The return album and Deicida of Silence were equally DeG-derivative, but I still think Deicida was notably better. Aged or not, that album sounds like a really long playlist of demos lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Those tracks minus the first two (?) are 2 minutes and some change lmao. Seeing as though the style switch was really sudden, its not hard to believe that these tracks have been chillin in the vault for awhile. Explains why it sounded SO dated at the time. 

I can’t listen to songs like Baal-zebul, Abuse, and Madman and take that self-titled seriously. 

I’d like some sort of chronicle that explains the sudden style shifts they went thru in such a short span of time. Yuusuke probably decided to quit when he saw where things were headed. 

Part of me thinks the style change and Yuusuke leaving are interjected. IF I had to take a guess then id say he probably felt a way about going back to "dark" music after the Wataru scandal, which IIRC was the reason why they went pop....

But this is all speculation so idk 

Diamond and the Wataru choke out we’re within three months of each other. The shift back to darker music started with Seven, but I can only assume going full on GRAWR was just too much and Yuusuke bounced

On 11/30/2019 at 9:03 AM, Jigsaw9 said:

Only the material from 2003 to early 2006 is real, the rest is just different shades of embarrassing imo.

So true!

On 11/25/2019 at 12:24 PM, Ro plz said:

Not a lot of bands have a holy trinity.

These three are 12012's

I would say Bell Salem, 深~deep~ Knight mare were their trinity, but the ones at the tail end weren't too bad either

18 hours ago, zombieparadise said:

PLAY DOLLs is my definition of a perfect album. Washed out, hazy sound, full of melancholy, and raw as hell.

Love listening to it every winter on those cold, bitter nights.

I love pretty much everything by the band but I just can't get into this album :(

3 hours ago, nullmoon said:

I love pretty much everything by the band but I just can't get into this album :(

Honestly, it took me like 2-3 years of listening to it on and off before I really began to appreciate the nuances between the songs. Before that, I thought all the songs sounded really bland and same-y.

As much as I love early 12012, Wataru was clearly the weak link. People can say what they want of major 12012, but the dude went through some MAJOR improvement there. In any case, SEVEN is my favorite release of theirs, but I'd argue that they went out with their most concise work ever. THE SWAN and XII are the sum of all their experiences, it's dark, it has  pop nuances, Wataru delivers, the composition is top notch... I would go far and say they are the best way to introduce someone nowadays.

I remember reading at some point that the lyrics for all of their songs were supposed to form some sort of story, was that just something western fans headcanoned up or did they just drop that whole thing somewhere down the road?

Wasn’t the band’s early concept something like “human madness”? That may have been their initial direction 

Edited by Saishu

4 hours ago, Tokage said:

I remember reading at some point that the lyrics for all of their songs were supposed to form some sort of story, was that just something western fans headcanoned up or did they just drop that whole thing somewhere down the road?

that was the concept for play dolls, but not for other releases, as far as i can remember now

So Wataru and Hirotaka (from R-shitei) are in a gaming group called Shibuya GGAMING, which also includes Tik-tokers (yes that's a thing), illustrators, and designers. According to their plans for the future, they'll have distributions, events, music production, and live performances.

yawn

http://www.visunavi.com/news/359043/

S600.jpg