Spike760

7 hours ago, chipathy said:

d8428f01.jpg
12012-jrock-39313813-1920-1080.jpg
12012-jrock-39313816-1920-1080.jpg

can anyone lemme know what releases/music videos these 3 looks are from? 

From their banger 3 minialbum release campaign: bell salem/knight mare/shin~deep~ I believe
They were also featured in a Cure magazine which I bought back in the day with instrument and costume detail shots and stuff. I forget the date but will update when I find it.

Easily one of the coolest looks in vk.

DQyFfUIV4AA6Ub-.jpg

Edited by Paraph

I haven’t seen one shred of footage of 12012 playing anything from their br00tal phase. There was some weird video with just angles of the drummer and bassist, but the audio was ripped from the studio recording. 

1 hour ago, libertine said:

Did they lose their major label in 2010?

they left universal for FWD when taboo or pain of catastrophe singles were released, whichever came first, and left FWD after their s/t album to form their own label;

after the hiatus, Wataru went on to produce some random boybandish unit which seemingly went nowhere, and well you can look up everyone else on visunavi/vkdb

19 hours ago, Saishu said:

I haven’t seen one shred of footage of 12012 playing anything from their br00tal phase. There was some weird video with just angles of the drummer and bassist, but the audio was ripped from the studio recording. 

5 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

Fuck man the red is such a good song tho, if their final mini album was any indicator these guys still had so much talent and potential left.

12012 and Rentrer en Soi were like echoes of each other. They both released messy and mostly uninspired “heavy” albums then started dropping minis and singles that showcased untapped potential. Then they peaced out. 

Just now, Saishu said:

12012 and Rentrer en Soi were like echoes of each other. They both released messy and mostly uninspired “heavy” albums then started dropping minis and singles that showcased untapped potential. Then they peaced out. 

i guess its always better to go out with a massive bang than just release mediocrity after mediocrity but man releasing Deicida of silence, the swan, and xii in that order i just feel like they mustve had another release or two in them. 

20 hours ago, sleepy coffee said:

but man releasing Deicida of silence, the swan, and xii in that order i just feel like they mustve had another release or two in them. 

Not a lot of bands have a holy trinity.

These three are 12012's

Deicida of Silence aged about as well as the self titled album that preceded it. That is to say they were dated when they came out and they’re even worse now 

I had the same sentiments when Deicida first came out but I consider that the test run of a new direction that just got better with the other two minis. 

Deicida was, as much as i hate using that term...very D.E.G and metalcore influenced. The Swan was a step further,  but way more polished.  XII was a blend of damn near everything they've done including that new style change, which was dope. Those Mini's deserve the praise they get. 

Edited by Ro plz

The return album and Deicida of Silence were equally DeG-derivative, but I still think Deicida was notably better. Aged or not, that album sounds like a really long playlist of demos lol. Filling the lineup helped a lot and THE SWAN and XIII both sounded pretty original to me.

On 11/25/2019 at 4:01 PM, Ro plz said:

XII was a blend of damn near everything they've done including that new style change, which was dope. Those Mini's deserve the praise they get. 

It was a fun progression to watch play out. At the point they left off I thought they could have continued as well but I was thankful for it lol