ryoustyle

Matenrou Opera

I did an email interview with them that I was just about to post...  when they suddenly decided to cancel the EU tour. Even though it was partly about the tour, I ended up posting it anyways a couple of days later, so... you guys can read it here.

(random disclaimer: the questions were sent around the time they announced the tour, so, before the release of Pantheon Part 1.)

I don't always listen to Matenrou Opera, but when I do it's this gem 💖

Loving that they're still around, now I'm going to have to play catch up to everything released since ANOMIE.

Edited by Paraph

On 1/16/2019 at 7:53 PM, Paraph said:

Loving that they're still around, now I'm going to have to play catch up to everything released since ANOMIE. 

You have a lot of catching up to do, they did release quite a few gems during the past few years.

Haven't heard anything by them since Orb, but I still want to check out their stuff. Wasn't a fan of the album with Gloria on the title (which was the last full lenght I heard by them). Justice was a banger though. Looking forward to hearing their upcoming album.

Kinda strange how they turned into straight-symphonic power metal in recent years (they were even accepted on Metal Archives!). Was this a change that happened back when the band still had all the "classic" formation or happened after they left and there was a change in composers?

I noticed a shift between Phoenix Rising and Pantheon, but by that time Anzi was gone. It seems he had disagreements in terms of music direction and other things with the other members for a while and it had showed for a while. 

The songwritin, iirc, had been mostly divided between Sono, Ayame and Anzi, with the latter gone I can only assume they took the approach they had been trying for a while. It seens JaY has already started to collaborate, he used to play in Lightbringer before, so there's that🤔

Pantheon 1 and 2 were conceptual releases. Let's see if the new album follows that trend or goes in another direction.