ryoustyle

Matenrou Opera

I was surprised to see they didn't have a topic here already.  Fitting to start one now with the new album out and all. What did you all think about it?

I personally loved it, it linked together well with the previous two singles, they seem to have found a steady ground in their music.

Yeah, their last two single are just great and Kassai to Gekijou no  Gloria is definitely candidate to the best album of the year...
I find it so enjoyable and it's really epic!

Love it!

I really happy, because in Justice era, I found that their single is great but the album is kind of anti-climax... but my worries are answered with this epic album, so I kind of in love with them...

I actually liked Justice a bit more but maybe that is because I've already listened to Gloria and Innovational Symphonia too much, I don't know. Anyway, the album is great! I loved the two singles from which some songs are on the new album (those mentioned before of course) so of course I love the new songs as well! MO never disappoints. The only thing I can complain about is that I miss my favorite MO song, あの日のままの世界線に向かって, I was hoping it would be on the album but sadly it isn't. But still, I love every MO song and there's nothing bad I could think of!

I think what I love the most with the album is that it has a red thread running through the whole album. The only thing I can "complain" is that I think Psychic paradise would have fitted better than CAMEL but that's just my opinion. I really hope a DVD will be their next release, I have wanted one since their abyss "era".

i like the new album a little and i did like justice more and the new album is very good ,but as it stands i just like the early stuff the most 

Since they're my favorite band, I'm pretty biased when it comes to me liking their music. I freaking LOVE Kassai to Gekijou no Gloria. When the PV came out, I was just a mess. And the whole album is just wonderful. I especially love 悪魔の翼. But I love the whole thing.

Again, since they're my favorite band, it would make sense that I just love their music in general, and I do. Awesome music, talented members, and one especially sexy bassist. *cough* lol

^Lindseeey you are here too!  *_*

I am still really hoping for a DVD, I wonder if it will be one from the GLORIA -Scene II- FINAL since they uploaded that digest from it.

Yeah! I joined not too long ago! Glad to see that you're also on here! xD

And I dunno. A DVD would be nice (though pricey)! Maybe of the -scene II- or -scene III- finales. We'll just have to wait and see!

Yeah but it  has just been so long since they released one :(

Maybe I have to wait after the final at Zepp Tokyo since it's seems rather big and it will be the final of Kassai to gekijou no gloria.

I asked Yamada on Twitter if they were gonna release a DVD for the tour final, and he said that he didn't know. So I guess we'll have to wait and see if they say anything on the band's website.

Matenrou Opera is my all-time favorite band, love them sooo much. I have been listening to AVALON some times now, and must say that it's not quite as good as Justice or Kassai to Gekijou no Gloria, although it is very good, something just doesn't click like in Gloria, for example, where in my opinion every song is just amazing, but still fits together with the other ones. Actually Tonari ni Suwari Tayou wasn't that good of a single (and what's with the cover art, soo ugly), so my expectations weren't even this high :D anyway my favorite songs so far are Tengoku no Tobira, Kagayaki wa Senkou no Youni and 3 Jikan, oh and Tengoku no Aro Basho, it's just so epic. The first-press fancy-carboard-box-cover for AVALON is very cool in my opinion, and since I ordered it from CDJapan, as a first press bonus I got a photoshoot, and you's, anzi's and Ayame's photos were signed <3<3

Still hooooooping for an european tour, pleeeease :DDDDD

What would you all say is Matenrou Opera's definitive album?  Like, if you were to convert a non-fan to a fan, what album would you show them?

I've only heard their "Indies" collection, which is alright, but I feel there is more that I'm missing.

Agreed, Gloria best fits that description.

To be honest though, both Anomie and Avalon are just as much worth the listen, MO is best in the album format

I would also state Kassai to Gekijou no Gloria as their best album to date, but if I was to convert someone I would prolly make them listen Abyss, it's a great mini-album. I really didn't come to think to that before I just got the mini-album myself as a hard copy, but it really is a compact representation of MO

It'll be good if they can't find a guitarist, or it will be cruel for that person who was compared with Anzi here and their whether he does good enough or not

I'm not sure if I'm serious to say this. Some bands careless about people's thought but others don't

Keita is good enough but is being compared with Juri everyday

(catch this topic on page 5)

Now that I will be seeing them live this July, I wonder who they bring around the table as a support guitarist for on an overseas tour. I was pretty devastated when Anzi announced his withdrawal from the band, as I find him to be the best guitarist the scene has ever seen (surpassing even Hizaki and Teru) and his sound was what initially drew me to the band. While Leda has shown sufficient work on PHOENIX RISING, I wonder if they'll be able to bring him to Europe as I am not sure if it will lead to a conflicting schedule with his other projects. Meku might also be an option regarding the band's ties to Versailles and Kamijo, but I found him rather sloppy live when I saw him with Kamijo's band and I would rather not see him brought along on this tour.

During their PHOENIX RISING tour they played with JaY from Light Bringer (I have no idea who he is or what that band sounds like), again — another option if touring schedules don't conflict.

1 hour ago, Lestat said:

Now that I will be seeing them live this July, I wonder who they bring around the table as a support guitarist for on an overseas tour. I was pretty devastated when Anzi announced his withdrawal from the band, as I find him to be the best guitarist the scene has ever seen (surpassing even Hizaki and Teru) and his sound was what initially drew me to the band. While Leda has shown sufficient work on PHOENIX RISING, I wonder if they'll be able to bring him to Europe as I am not sure if it will lead to a conflicting schedule with his other projects. Meku might also be an option regarding the band's ties to Versailles and Kamijo, but I found him rather sloppy live when I saw him with Kamijo's band and I would rather not see him brought along on this tour.

During their PHOENIX RISING tour they played with JaY from Light Bringer (I have no idea who he is or what that band sounds like), again — another option if touring schedules don't conflict.

Light Bringer was a power metal, non-vk band. They disbanded about two years ago I think, since some of the members play in Mardelas now.

According to fans in Japan, the atmosphere with JaY on the band is great now and they feel like the other members truly enjoy playing live now, whereas with Anzi they had felt some tension during the past years. 

Apparently JaY is still quite young compared to the others and his experience as a guitarist isn't as great as Anzi's, he still has a long way to go and lot's of practise to do, but he could get there. 

He also collaborated on the composition of the Christmas special single "Shine On!". His involvement in the band seems to be more serious now and I dare say he could become the next official guitarist. 

We'll just have to wait for further announcements.

where will you see the band? I am seriously considering traveling to Europe for this tour.

Edited by Komorebi