TakaGacktHyde

Current Band Obsession

SINCREA

I listened to them a few years ago and really got obsessed with them with X'mas Day (my favorite Christmas song, EVER). 
Got back to listening to Atlas today, but since my tags are all screwed up I've been marathon-ing them on Youtube.

... I've listened to JESUS MARIA at least 40 times today ...

I love singing along to this song, especially since HAL's voice is within my range.

( "I close my eyes" is also a tearjerker. I would love to cover this song one day, but I always tear up )

^ The SINCREA song that kills me is RED (their very final song released during their last live). I don't even play it much anymore cuz I can't hold myself together emotionally whenever I hear it lol.

Bands I'm playing more than usual these couple of weeks:

- AMARANYX, baroque, POPCORE, FALILV

Originally i wasnt quite sure what to make of this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qZPq5l_4RuI

But Uplift seems to have the makings of a pretty good mix of a post-hardcore borderline metalcore band without screamo vocals though their album features less heavy metal rock orientated tracks too...

At first I was literally cringing at the vocals but as i listened on i found that her squeaky hi^pitched voice cut through the mix well even through some of the heavier breakdowns. There are some growly vocals but theyre only used during a few heavy metal breakdowns. having some growls to fill in the lower frequencies where her hi^pitched voice generally cant fill would be a nice touch,  Just a little backing.

Originally i wasnt quite sure what to make of this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qZPq5l_4RuI

But Uplift seems to have the makings of a pretty good mix of a post-hardcore borderline metalcore band without screamo vocals though their album features less heavy metal rock orientated tracks too...

At first I was literally cringing at the vocals but as i listened on i found that her squeaky hi^pitched voice cut through the mix well even through some of the heavier breakdowns. There are some growly vocals but theyre only used during a few heavy metal breakdowns. having some growls to fill in the lower frequencies where her hi^pitched voice generally cant fill would be a nice touch,  Just a little backing.

I had the same reaction to Uplift Spice initially but if you give them a chance they grow on you like a fungus. And I'm always looking for more females in this genre of music to support. ♥

I finally got around to listening to my Artery Records sampler I got from the last concert I went to and now it's been nothing but Upon This Dawning and Silent Screams for 2 days.

I had the same reaction to Uplift Spice initially but if you give them a chance they grow on you like a fungus. And I'm always looking for more females in this genre of music to support. ♥

I finally got around to listening to my Artery Records sampler I got from the last concert I went to and now it's been nothing but Upon This Dawning and Silent Screams for 2 days.

I dont mind the vocals so much, But her voice is similar to a singer that does a lot theme songs for anime's and i cant stand it. I dont think its her, but at the same time im not sure, I think shes done the songs for a few full metal alchemist series's. 

As for upon this dawning, Ive been listening to them for a while now, they are pretty amazing. Not too sure if ive listened to Silent Screams. I dont think i have, but they sound a tad little generic a side from the hardcore vocals they use. Just listening to them and i can already tell their like the hundreds of other similar bands ive heard before....

You might like similar bands like Asking Alexandria, After The Burial (maybe a little too Djent/Deathcore) Bury tomorrow, Breakdown Of Sanity, dead by april. Monuments (again a little more Djent) I Spit Ashes (probably similar to a lesser extent) Naily (Just youtube 'Naily Band') aaaand i cant be arsed to go through the rest of my music collection.

and yes - I tend to categorize what i listen to into genre's other than 'just music' because Im a little OCD like that. 

I dont mind the vocals so much, But her voice is similar to a singer that does a lot theme songs for anime's and i cant stand it. I dont think its her, but at the same time im not sure, I think shes done the songs for a few full metal alchemist series's. 

As for upon this dawning, Ive been listening to them for a while now, they are pretty amazing. Not too sure if ive listened to Silent Screams. I dont think i have, but they sound a tad little generic a side from the hardcore vocals they use. Just listening to them and i can already tell their like the hundreds of other similar bands ive heard before....

You might like similar bands like Asking Alexandria, After The Burial (maybe a little too Djent/Deathcore) Bury tomorrow, Breakdown Of Sanity, dead by april. Monuments (again a little more Djent) I Spit Ashes (probably similar to a lesser extent) Naily (Just youtube 'Naily Band') aaaand i cant be arsed to go through the rest of my music collection.

and yes - I tend to categorize what i listen to into genre's other than 'just music' because Im a little OCD like that. 

That last part really wasn't directed at you, it was just leaving something on topic for the thread. I don't really get into much deathcore or "djent". I like metalcore, post hardcore, "popcore". Every once in a great while a deathcore band grabs me but it's extremely rare as I'm extremely picky about vocals. So there's lots of bands (such as Silent Screams) that could be generic, but I find their vocalists really pleasant to listen to.

That last part really wasn't directed at you, it was just leaving something on topic for the thread. I don't really get into much deathcore or "djent". I like metalcore, post hardcore, "popcore". Every once in a great while a deathcore band grabs me but it's extremely rare as I'm extremely picky about vocals. So there's lots of bands (such as Silent Screams) that could be generic, but I find their vocalists really pleasant to listen to.

Not all the bands i listed are deathcore or djent. If you liked upon this dawning then you will most likely enjoy some of the bands i listed. Youtube some of them

Not all the bands i listed are deathcore or djent. If you liked upon this dawning then you will most likely enjoy some of the bands i listed. Youtube some of them

Thanks, but if you got recommendations, I have other genres I'm actively looking for in the recommendations thread. 

For the past 2 weeks or so I've been listening a lot to Denki Shiki Karen Ongaku Shuudan, Yousei Teikoku and Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets.

Currently really digging dazzle vision.

Their song 'Eternity' just keeps ringing in my head

Now If UPLIFT SPICE were to do a colab with Dazzle Vision, or at least a duet with both the lead singers it would be awkward but Maiko growls/screams would be just make the song so much more fucking awesome. 

I think the bands musical styles themselves also lend themselves to each other

Toru kitajima's or TK's (凛として時雨, TK from 凛として時雨) work is always ace in my book.

Been obsessing over his musicianship for a while now, and it only seems to be growing more with time.

I'd kill to have a talk about his working ways or what goes on in his thought process when he's in the studios.

I'm probably going to get hate for this but.. Yohio and Seremedy have a couple nice songs. >.< So yeah, I've been spamming the replay button of their songs such as Our Story and Always By Your Side. But for a while now my main band obsessions have been both Lycaon and Mejibray. :'3

Miss May I. It has been growing on me since some months and now I'm really into them.