TakaGacktHyde

Current Band Obsession

I was a huge fan of SID in their indies days. I still like their music because I think they have a crazy amount of flair, but somehow after they majored their music became more unattractive to me. I don't think the reason is them "becoming more mainstream" (or at least not entirely because of that) - I don't know - but they hardly write songs like Aikagi, Alibi and those from their "Ren'ai" album anymore :(

Yeah, going thru their music it was like I could see the change and I wasnt quite sure how I felt about it.

but I really really like Kara no binsen *u* also watashi wa ame & ajisai from the renai album

My current favourite band is Scarlett. Their music is Showa-style chamber pop mixed with a punky/indie sound - very unique, genuinely good and stands out in VK. Whoever can come up with those melodies are geniuses.

I also like: LIPHLICH and Moran (jen:ga, Replay, Heroine, latest singles... all amazing).

Thank god I have lately found some great bands that are doing stuff not many/none VK bands did. I need more jazzy/indie/orchestral/sophisticated sounding music instead of the common stuff on the scene. I know Dolly did a bit of that kind of different stuff but I am not into most of their songs. It's their label mate LIPHLICH who made it.

SEKAI NO OWARI *u*
Fukase's voice is so nice and I love the fact that they've got a girl who plays piano~~ makes it cooler haha.

they have a very flumpool-esque sound so i def enjoy that as well :3

also, dickpunks but thats nothing new lol.

Protest The Hero! Absolutely amazing post-hardcore band that doesn't feel the need to scream as much like all other bands in its genre. Rody has the best voice I have to hear, so much control in it, and the instrumentation is just so superb. The guitar work is so extreme that just trying to learn some of their songs has greatly improved my skills as a guitarist. I really recommend these guys, make them your own obsession as well, if possible.

My current obsession must be Neverland, mostly because of their flawless mini album and AvelCain cause I don't know, the singer is crappy, but the ~ambience~ they put in their songs is so coool !

Guest mitsubana

蒼-AO-!!! Their new single, "Sacrifice to the Moon" is amazing. I'm falling in love with this band more and more.

Mostly GRIEVA.

And Vampire Rose. Not specifically for the music, but because of the vines Satoshi keeps uploading. He's hilarious. That, and he hangs out a lot with Setsuna.

Cluster Buster's "Maniac 1980"

"Maniac 1980" is a brilliant piece of synthwave/retro electro, and with song titles such as Maniac 1980, Crime Is a Disease, and I'm The Cure, Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake, The Wrong Arm Of The Law Is Back and so on it's hard to not get a boner. It's great.

サディスマリィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィィ

love them so much D;

Guest mitsu the indie girl

HEAD SPEAKER still...and I would also say urema haha and wow... a visual kei band: UnRealistic.