Trombe

KAMIJO will commence solo activities

Well, the funny thing is: In the thread about Jupiter many users complained about them being better without Kamijo and now in this thread everyone's saying he'll do better than them ... Weird, isn't it?

No i believed kamijo would be better all along :D i always preferred his songs in versailles too.

Well, the funny thing is: In the thread about Jupiter many users complained about them being better without Kamijo and now in this thread everyone's saying he'll do better than them ... Weird, isn't it?

not only that, they also say they don't like his voice and should stay away in any type of metal

not only that, they also say they don't like his voice and should stay away in any type of metal

That's what I mean. Which is weird because a softer voice is common in symphonic metal, lol.

Also I hate how fans are 'taking sides' now. Like, either Jupiter or Kamijo.

That's just dumb since their working together anyway.

That's what I mean. Which is weird because a softer voice is common in symphonic metal, lol.

Also I hate how fans are 'taking sides' now. Like, either Jupiter or Kamijo.

That's just dumb since their working together anyway.

Alright hold on, that's slightly inaccurate.

I haven't seen anyone pick sides so far. Simply stating that you're more excited for Jupiter than Kamijo's solo work and the other way around does not equal instantly picking a side and looking down with disgust on the other one.

The main problems that were discussed in the thread you are referring to had to do with Kamijo's vocal abilities, not his musical work or compositions. When people now state that they're more excited for Kamijo is probably because the snippet of instrumentals was more to their liking than Jupiter's preview (thus people being more excited for the compositions Kamijo has made in comparison to the ones Hizaki has made for Jupiter). Of course I do agree on the fact that it would be double-sided seeing as the same people who claimed Kamijo was not a power metal vocalist would now suddenly be enthusiastic about the same thing.

Alright hold on, that's slightly inaccurate.

I haven't seen anyone pick sides so far. Simply stating that you're more excited for Jupiter than Kamijo's solo work and the other way around does not equal instantly picking a side and looking down with disgust on the other one.

The main problems that were discussed in the thread you are referring to had to do with Kamijo's vocal abilities, not his musical work or compositions. When people now state that they're more excited for Kamijo is probably because the snippet of instrumentals was more to their liking than Jupiter's preview (thus people being more excited for the compositions Kamijo has made in comparison to the ones Hizaki has made for Jupiter). Of course I do agree on the fact that it would be double-sided seeing as the same people who claimed Kamijo was not a power metal vocalist would now suddenly be enthusiastic about the same thing.

I am not sure where you are getting at there. The preview doesn't seem to suggest power metal, it resembles "love will be born again" japanese ver. which I loved and honestly hoped(before they announced hiatus) more of with next Versailles albums. Now I hope his release will be more vocal-centric.   :wan-26:  oh the thought of just hearing Kamijo sing the whole 4+ mins with a soft metal back drop  :wan-28: 

I'm very sorry but if that's the case:

So here you're basically agreeing it IS metal, unless you meant another sort of metal. But yeah, that preview isn't perhaps power metal perse (I suck at genres) but it does sound a lot like his Versailles songs so far. That would mean we'd get the same vocals on the same type of music, basically (I don't see Kamijo wandering off from his Versailles roots anyway, especially if Jupiter is doing the same thing).

I was referencing the Jupiter thread, some people in that thread don't want him to sing with metal and wants him to stay away from any metal genre.

I don't really think his sound is a Versailles sound per se as that sound is also Hizaki's. The earliest recordings I have listened from him are his songs with Lareine which also has soft melody but metal in most sense. This is why I can't really predict what his solo will be like but can only hope what it would sound like.

limited edition TYPE A (1,890yen) will include CD+DVD, limited edition TYPE B (1,890yen) will include CD+DVD (including special long interview, music movie making, recording off-shot, song elaboration), and regular edition (1,260yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.Louis〜艶血のラヴィアンローズ(enketsu no la vie en rose)〜
02.Grazioso
03.幻想トリアノン(gensou trianon) (included in regular edition)
04.Louis〜艶血のラヴィアンローズ(enketsu no la vie en rose)〜(instrumental) (included in regular edition)
05.Grazioso(instrumental) (included in regular edition)
06.幻想トリアノン(gensou trianon)(instrumental) (included in regular edition)

[limited edition TYPE A DVD track list]
01.Louis〜艶血のラヴィアンローズ(enketsu no la vie en rose)〜 (music movie)
02.Grazioso (music movie)

btw his solo new maxi single will be released under Sherow Artist Society

I think you guys are not understanding what happened on the Jupiter thread.
No one is complaining about what kind of music he is doing, but Kamijo DONT HAVE vocal abilities for heavy metal, he tries, he tries hard, and fail hard too, sounding weird... he just don't have a strong voice for that. 

Kamijo have done some good heavy metal-ish songs even in Lareine, kaze no yuwaku has a great heavy metal composition but it end up sounding better because Kamijo wasnt trying to be a new Fabio Lione, or Bruce Dickinson.  

I approve of the track list. I'm excited to see what he does with this single, if he doesn't try to scream or be heavy or br00tal I think this single could completely slay Jupiter.

I think you guys are not understanding what happened on the Jupiter thread.

No one is complaining about what kind of music he is doing, but Kamijo DONT HAVE vocal abilities for heavy metal, he tries, he tries hard, and fail hard too, sounding weird... he just don't have a strong voice for that. 

Kamijo have done some good heavy metal-ish songs even in Lareine, kaze no yuwaku has a great heavy metal composition but it end up sounding better because Kamijo wasnt trying to be a new Fabio Lione, or Bruce Dickinson.  

Exactly.

To clarify since the passive aggressive remarks are towards those that may have criticized their favourite bishonen. I liked Kamijo in Lareine and even early Versailles releases. Just because I disliked his output after Jubilee and criticized it doesn't mean I hate the dude and everything he does. He's great when he does his sappy romantic rock ballads, not when he tries to be a metal vocalist.

I don't understand people complaining about Kamijo's voice. He doesn't have a typical voice for metal music, but he definitely has a great voice.

I don't understand people complaining about Kamijo's voice. He doesn't have a typical voice for metal music, but he definitely has a great voice.

I thought most complained about his voice after jubilee? and the bands general direction at that time?

If its really true that he's going to release the single under his label instead that's very good news! its best for an artist like kamijo to keep away from the stress of a major corporate label like warner anyway and everything to date released Under "Sherow Artist Society" has been great! while on the other hand every bit of their work under warner except for Asceanded Master and Jubilee sounded rushed, uninspired, and lazy in comparison, well at least to me all i know is i noticed a change in some way with the band after jubilee but i don't know how to exactly explain it. I just couldn't see the passion in them anymore. having a staff nitpicking on every minor detail constantly in the studio only restricts the artist mind i guess. but that's just my opinion.

I guess we will see if warner was responsible for some of the changes of the band or not and see how they all fare in new projects.  I have no idea what to expect from kamijo especially he's kind of unpredictable in terms of what his voice will sound like in a way he's always changing his voice so it can really be hit or miss with him so you don't know what to expect. I'm excited what will come of this though.

It's not too strange his voice has gotten less powerful during the years. Excessive smoking, drinking, etcetera. And basically just having forced his voice throughout all of Versailles. If you listen closely to his earlier interviews and such you notice he actually has a really soft voice instead of the fake stuff he pulls off with Versailles. 

Aging's a big deal anyway. You've got your exceptions like i.e. Gackt, Atsushi Sakurai who just don't seem to want to stop but Kamijo's unfortunately a victim of severe strain of the vocal chords.

Was that Man??????????

Oldschool VK POWER!!!! :yeah:

Actually I could note Mana's musical style in this short preview. Very noticeable.

Also, Mana looks very much like Juka in his Moi dix Mois days.

This looks interesting!