Spike760

Vidoll

I'm probably the only person that hasn't heard the single yet.

It still hasn't arrived in the mail yet.. But everyone I hear says that it's a hell lot better than Innocent Teens which already makes me happy. =)

I like vidoll a lot. I'd even say love. It's a very bass heavy band. They want you to realize that there is indeed a bass guitarist in their band. Infact when I listen to them, the bass riffs are what I hear and hum while listening to the song. Anyone else think they suck act screaming?

Jui has a perfect voice

and his scream/growls are also one of a kind

i think he's "the" all around vocalist when it comes to sound

and live

Can someone mention a few really good Vidoll songs, especially those that are little heavy and instantly addicting?

I am seriously failing to get into them. I am trying really hard. :(

Can someone mention a few really good Vidoll songs, especially those that are little heavy and instantly addicting?

I am seriously failing to get into them. I am trying really hard. :(

Good Vidoll songs.

Dolls Bar V.I.D. [lovely vocals <3]

ROID CHANGE [bonus track that i have if needed]

Hotel Hickey

Nectar

Sister

Starrin'

F[steinto]M

Ningyo

miren

That a good list. <3

As for you Starla, did you get it yet, what did you think?

I love it WAY more then Innocent Teens, but still don't like Cloud. >>

Yeah, I got it a while ago.. I agree, it's better than Innocent Teens, but it was still kinda... bland.

I don't know if it has something to do with the record label change or if it's something else, but their recent releases are quite disappointing. =(

Song Recommendations:

Chocoripeyes

Ningyou

... san ga koronda!!

waisetsu ningyou

They're not a very hard band, so if that's the type of music you're into, you're most likely aren't going to be into Vidoll as much.

I do like Vidoll, but I guess I don't even have that much music by them o_O

I have the Innocent Teens, but.. That might be all I have xD

Gah. But I'll name myself to fan of a band even if I like (have) only few songs by them >:3

I don't know much of Vidoll's music... Only Gothikaroid, which I like. Can anyone recommend me some good songs?

Old Vidoll are really nice, I adore them. New/Present Vidoll aren't for me... but I am still really sorry for Jui's voice. I hope he will heal after this hiatus. He really needs to rest.

I agree, absolutely. I'm not much into their newer things. He sings good, but I prefer the older things I've heard.

If you can call it 'good' when he has to use an inhaler... ):

More BASTARD and V.I.D please! Since they've gone major I found their stuff to be kind of disappointing. Only major release I liked was Focus, that one is really good <3

My favourite album remains 昔??カシ??集編+オマケ???. Aww, I miss them, but still, I like them even now. So... it's all right. I wonder when they will come back and... why did they remaster the songs on the BEST (major) if Jui has no voice right now? Also about the new song...

BASTARD was their first major album. Everything they did after VID was major.

Not true. Bastard was still indies album. They went major after joining Crown Records in the beginning of the year 2009. Everything released before that was indies.

Sorry for correction.

I'm really one of the rare fans who like both past and present Vidoll. I can honestly say I love them both. There are thing that I miss about their music when they were in UNDER CODE, but then there are things that I wouldn't change about their current music, like example the very fact that all of the members have actually develobed better as musicians past couple of years. Sure they have lost some of their innovative style of composing and stay on the sure ground that'll keep new fans coming, but that basicly happens to every band.

Yet I think there's still one member that likes to keep the band creative, and that's Rame. His compositions are still extremely unique. I'm just sad that the band is loosing alot of their fans and all say: "Liked them before, not anymore." I'm not saying my point of view is better, more like it's alright if you don't try to listen to the music you seemingly don't like. It's just sad for the band who's still trying their best to both gain new fans and keep old ones interested.

Not true. Bastard was still indies album. They went major after joining Crown Records in the beginning of the year 2009. Everything released before that was indies.

Sorry for correction.

I'm really one of the rare fans who like both past and present Vidoll. I can honestly say I love them both. There are thing that I miss about their music when they were in UNDER CODE, but then there are things that I wouldn't change about their current music, like example the very fact that all of the members have actually develobed better as musicians past couple of years. Sure they have lost some of their innovative style of composing and stay on the sure ground that'll keep new fans coming, but that basicly happens to every band.

Yet I think there's still one member that likes to keep the band creative, and that's Rame. His compositions are still extremely unique. I'm just sad that the band is loosing alot of their fans and all say: "Liked them before, not anymore." I'm not saying my point of view is better, more like it's alright if you don't try to listen to the music you seemingly don't like. It's just sad for the band who's still trying their best to both gain new fans and keep old ones interested.

That's fine, I was pretty sure that BASTARD was major label because at the end of the dvd included it says UNIVERSAL records, plus it's still listed on their website( in fact as their first release lol). So you may be right, but if they weren't signed to UNDERCODE or Crown, where were they signed?

Also, you aren't alone in still liking their music. I like the new stuff(Crescent Gazer was pretty good), the singles are usually way more enjoyable for me, while the albums tend to have too many boooooring ballads; and while I like Vidoll ballads, recently there have been way too many and they all start to sound the same and don't touch any part of me at all like a ballad is supposed to.

Sorry for correction.

That's fine, I was pretty sure that BASTARD was major label because at the end of the dvd included it says UNIVERSAL records, plus it's still listed on their website( in fact as their first release lol). So you may be right, but if they weren't signed to UNDERCODE or Crown, where were they signed?

Also, you aren't alone in still liking their music. I like the new stuff(Crescent Gazer was pretty good), the singles are usually way more enjoyable for me, while the albums tend to have too many boooooring ballads; and while I like Vidoll ballads, recently there have been way too many and they all start to sound the same and don't touch any part of me at all like a ballad is supposed to.

It's alright. I think there wasn't a fan who wouldn't have thought they went major after leaving UC. Even I did. I thought "graduation" meant "going major", like it meant for Phantasmagoria (which never actually did anyway) and 12012. Everyone thought they were major. But what they actually did was that they got signed in SWORD RECORDS, the same as, I think, D'espairsRay. Then, in the end of 2008 Vidoll announced they'd hold "the last indies live". I believe back then all the fans thought they were somehow fooled. :'D But it turned out that Vidoll had been indies all this time despite graduating from UC.

So, a couple of years they were on SWORD RECORDS. I think they kinda still are. It's funny, since both SWORD RECORDS and Crown can be found printed on their posters and in the beginning of the PV DVDs. Such a confusing band.

Well, I'm the other way. I like albums more than singles since the ruling composer on albums is Rame. :'D Nowadays he concentrates more in composing for the album and thus there's none of his works in singles. Well, in a rare occasion there is. Like remixed Gothikaroid in Crescent gazer.

For boring ballads you can fully blame Jui. XD

^Ah... I see, I always thought SWORD records was a major label(is shot). I'm glad to hear Rame isn't the one behind those ballads as he was always my favorite member. I still have one of those candies Rame threw out during their Jrock Revolution performance lol(kinda ew though seeing as how that was like three years ago). He's alot of fun to see live.

Pretty sad to hear them disband, but it was inevitable. Their music was getting worse and so uninspirational since going major. Although I thought monad was a pretty solid album having some old vidoll sound, but damn focus, puzzle ring and eve were so forgetable. I'll remember the good old days of sinai/chororip/wagahai/etc.

To me it sucks more that the Best of album is full of semi-good or weak ballads of Jui including one oh-my-fucking-god-ingenius track from Shun, which indicated just how good Vidoll can be at it's best.

Oh well, since after all it was always Rame, Giru or now Shun who made the most unforgetable songs I can atleast amuse myself by assuring Jui can never do better in solo than he did in Vidoll. So maybe he realises at some point doing solo with tracks that just disappear into everything else sounding all the same is no fun at all and he crawls back under Rame's skirt begging to be accepted as Vidoll's vocalist again. Hopefully. And then Vidoll will have three jazz composers which will only bring me multiple musical orgasms. Vidoll can never succeed at making bad jazz.

Summing it all up: It's not fair to hope someone would fail with his career... but I'm an unfair and malicious person who's still bitter for Jui deciding to go on alone, so I really hope his solo will break apart and he'll return to Vidoll and Vidoll will come back just like Rame and Shun promised.

I'll give Jui's new music a try, but if Shun, Giru and Rame produced all the music I'm afraid it will be a crappy ballad-fest.