Spike760

Vidoll

3 hours ago, Disposable said:

Their initial run up to the first album is legendary. Really a perfect example of those initial post-explosion bands that retained a lot of the classical form while also ramping up the musicianship and weirdness.

Their music up until V.I.D (plus Puzzle ring) should be obligatory for every VK fan regardless of the time they get into the scene. They definitely had one of the best indie careers of any band.

Edited by saishuu

vidoll was one of the first visual kei bands to listen, the first thing I loved was Jui's voice, it's one of the voices I like the most and although now it's gotcharocka has not pleased me as much as before. Vidoll will always be one of my favorite bands, I sing all his songs with the my kokoro ;o; <3

On 3/22/2018 at 12:49 AM, Takadanobabaalien said:

Kinda necroing this thread but Vidoll were amazing. I'm glad I own their V.I.D. album in physical copy. Anyone who dislikes Face Pisaroto or Face Mayura needs to logout from MH. 

PREACH, especially アゴラフォビア imo is so stunning...

Vidoll was probably my all-time favourite back in the day. I own most of their discography and was obsessed since their early days. I enjoyed the Ayano-era the best and played their I My Ai Mai PV over and over. Rame's prominent basslines had me hooked. Boku Boku is a gem and Face Mayura, Face Pisaroto, If...Rebotomin and If...Torikabuto are still some of my most prized CDs.

Although I lost interest after their major debut, I still followed and liked some songs here and there. Bastard was a solid effort, but I mostly liked the b-sides from their singles, like Red cube, Gaga Syrup, and Berry Jam Cleaner.

Edited by Paraph

Always admired Rame's bass playing, one of the main reasons I love listening to them. I was quite sad when they disbanded since they were and still are one of my favorite visual kei bands. As for their works, I enjoyed most of it. In particular, I like Romanesque Gothic and Deathmate. V.I.D. is also a good one as well.

I think the only post-INNOCENT TEENS song that stuck with me was Puzzle ring unfortunately. I do need to go back and check their later b-sides though, as I'm really enjoying Red card!

They had so much great songs early on, geez. The Mayura and Pisaroto minis alone are better than the discographies of most bands around these days. I used to watch this DVD and the 浪漫告白 one all the time back then. Jui's vocals during 透明ナカゴ >>>>

18 minutes ago, Paraph said:

San ga Koronda !! will never cease to be THE VK bop to me.

Ugh, so many great sections in this song. It just keeps giving, like finding a treasure every minute or so lol I love Vidoll so much, but have to admit I need to give their near major/post major stuff a little more attention.

Another one of my favorites is Mayura Pisaroto. I love the pace of this song and as usual, Rame is healing me with that bassline (also I think there's an album version that sounds a little different to this one?)

20 minutes ago, platy said:

(also I think there's an album version that sounds a little different to this one?)

Edit- I lied it wasn't on those. I think it was a single compiled with Gyaku Gire.

Speaking of...

Edited by Paraph

22 minutes ago, saishuu said:

I think the only post-INNOCENT TEENS song that stuck with me was Puzzle ring unfortunately.

Who can ever forget Giru taking on the role as a lead singer in the making-of?

On a more serious note, Puzzle Ring is a great song.

I get in Vidoll moods pretty often and spend time going through their old stuff. Love that there's a sizeable group of people here who seem to do the same.

Most of the major stuff was a snoozefest and missed the mark for me, but it's far more tolerable than a lot of other major vk acts at the time where. Jui's voice saved it from being truly garbage.

Even though it was such a tiny set, I'm glad I got the chance to see them once before the disbanded. I held on to that candy Rame threw at us for YEARS. Finally had to throw it away after I could see discoloration through the wrapper lol

19 minutes ago, PIZAZ said:

Even though it was such a tiny set, I'm glad I got the chance to see them once before the disbanded.

Was that Jrock Revolution? Man, I remember wanting to go so bad solely for them and Kagrra,.

Edited by Paraph

Been rocking some Vidollz again, in no small part thanks to the renewed activity in this thread! :D And I just gotta realize, time and time again, their later stuff is just not for me... after all these years I've actually narrowed down my listening to just their 2002-2004 stuff, but damnnnn that's totally enough for me, those tracks slay HARD!

32 minutes ago, PIZAZ said:

I get in Vidoll moods pretty often and spend time going through their old stuff. Love that there's a sizeable group of people here who seem to do the same.

Most of the major stuff was a snoozefest and missed the mark for me, but it's far more tolerable than a lot of other major vk acts at the time where. Jui's voice saved it from being truly garbage.

Even though it was such a tiny set, I'm glad I got the chance to see them once before the disbanded. I held on to that candy Rame threw at us for YEARS. Finally had to throw it away after I could see discoloration through the wrapper lol

Wow, so envious! They must have been so amazing to hear live. Gotta agree with you about Jui's voice. I love his voice and hearing him sing. He may not be the best, but he really brought out their music.

Does anyone remember their VHS 'Black Fairy' complete with Subway restaurant realness and parody commercials (near the end of this clip)? lmao I could not get enough back in the day.  currently down the rabbit hole

Also, a very underrated Vidoll gem to get your groove on.

Edited by Paraph

On 1/15/2019 at 8:31 PM, Paraph said:

Does anyone remember their VHS 'Black Fairy' complete with Subway restaurant realness and parody commercials (near the end of this clip)? lmao I could not get enough back in the day.  currently down the rabbit hole

Enjoy watching the videos they make. It reminds of this hilarious video between Rame and Shun (which YouTube is not allowing me to embed the video for some reason...) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl8X-M-OGCQ 

anyone have those live club citta videos saved that used to be viewable on visunavi back in the day? i noticed a charlotte one is on youtube but there was one of the song heroin that i need to have back in my life with jui having a mock seizure of some sort.