Spike760

Vidoll

I'll give Jui's new music a try, but if Shun, Giru and Rame produced all the music I'm afraid it will be a crappy ballad-fest.

This.

Also, I won't be surprised if the only quality music Jui does is as LEGENDARY SIX NINE guest vocalist (wich is quite likely to happen imo).

I am praying for Rame in a new band. NOW. He need to do one, he's too good to leave the scene.

I have a feeling he won't have a new band, nor he'll leave the scene. I think, for what I know him, he'll just do like Shun: perform in sessions as long as it needs to get Vidoll back.

After all, Vidoll was everything to him. He loved Vidoll more than anything else and he's still confident they'll be back. And I think Vidoll is the right place for Rame to be in. He would feel so unnatural in any band else.

Btw, I had a dream of Rame just half an hour ago. Rame was I guess 7 years old child and I rescued him from a flood some authorities were causing to drown all but the high elitists in Brittain. Wonder what we were doing there... But he didn't drown, because I saved him. :dansu:

Maybe he could reform a band with ex-Vidoll old members. Don't know, but I just wish this.

oh, this sound so cool XD (the dream)

Well I must say that I disagree with you. I hope it's alright (you should see livejournal. I got banned from the community for expressing my opinion too strickly and in a funny way. They said my comments were inflameable. Just because they were slightly humorous and sarcastic).

I admit to be such a new Vidoll fan, that I've grown to love Giru and Shun more than Hide, Yukine or Ayano. Not that I don't like them. Though, I shouldn't say I actually like Ayano... in early, I mean really early, Vidoll they weren't such a good musicians after all and Ayano's face irritates me... Back to the topic!

Because I think Shun and Giru are loyal to Vidoll they are the guitarists Rame should be with. I would be just weird to see them separate. Because for real, these two are definitely under Rame's protective wing. Especially Shun, who I think expresses more feelings with Rame than a regular Japanese person usually does. The fact that Shun has actually yelled at Rame when he has been angry reveals just how much he trusts his bandleader. You don't usually go shout at your boss or colleague after a harsh day. :'D

Probably you're right, (anyway I think I understood who is you on lj), but I would be happy with a totally fresh new project. I think they could remain friends the same. And mostly, it's the couple Shun&Giru who can't "split up". I just think that he doesn't want to leave music at all, and so he should find a new band, and not doing sessions. but it's better doing sessions than form a new band who doesn't fit him at all and then disbands so fastly

but it's better doing sessions than form a new band who doesn't fit him at all and then disbands so fastly

I'm confident he thinks Vidoll is the right place for him, and he's really serious about that. Based on everything oh so beautiful he has written in his blog about Vidoll it is, and will be, the most important thing in his whole life, something he wants to protect, something he wants to do the rest of his life. Also, the members of Vidoll... I think, even though it might seem like the relationships between the members have gotten colder during this whole disbanding, they all still feel like a family. Shun does... and probably Rame does too. It's the kind of family they don't want and can't change.

I don't want Rame to quit completely either, but I just don't see a new band as a possibility in this case. Sorry. It's just the way how I feel about Rame and the way how I have interpret the thoughts he has written. I might be wrong but until he tells us otherwise I keep thinking this way.

No hard feelings, our opinions just differ. ^-^

let's wait for news then! Anyway... is someone going to buy Jui's solo album? I won't. Since I didn't like the preview, I have no reason to buy it. Though I will listen to it to judge it...

I won't buy it either. I just think it will not offer me anything since I never thought about Jui as much a special singer, at least not lately because of his throat problems. Rame, Giru and Shun had the skills to compose music in which even Jui's current voice sounded good, but if I think about Jui's own songs like Puzzle Ring, Focus, EVE... Crescent gazer... it's nothing to be amazed of.

I may sound really harsh, but I think Vidoll brought the best sides out of all the members including Jui. Without Vidoll he's as good as nothing.

I may sound really harsh, but I think Vidoll brought the best sides out of all the members including Jui. Without Vidoll he's as good as nothing.

it's just the truth. The album is not worth to be bought in fact.

Reviving this thread cause I was in a Vidoll mood today... and none of the members' subsequent projects really do it for me, so I was watching some old Vidoll live vids.

This song gets special mention both because it's good, and the guitarist being tasked with just doing repeated VK bird calls throughout the chorus is amazing. Shouts to @inartisticfor uploading it.

Oh man, I haven't listened to them in so long. Old Vidoll was so, so good. I used to listen to their entire disco for weeks back in 04/05 and just yesterday for some odd reason I had "Toumei Nakago" stuck in my head for hours. Perhaps it's time to revisit their stuff again.

I'm in the same boat. I wish I enjoyed the new projects more but they just haven't held my interest.

I'm definitely gonna have to sit down and watch that full vid when I get a chance. Looks awesome!

I'm glad to see this thread resurfacing! I get those moments too when I listen through all of their discography, new and old...and then I realize (again) that Jui's voice isn't quite the same as it used to be..so unfortunate

I love coming across old pictures of them. Vidoll were one of the first bands I got into when I was exploring VKei, but I mostly listened to Bastard and [F] stein [M] without really know what they looked like aside from seeing a Kisaki project music video. Not the same at all!

main.png

Wow, 2007.

I first listened to Vidoll when I was invited along to a VK party on a very rainy and cold night in 2005. Ningyo was the PV being played and I loved both the song and the aesthetics.

That party night, by the way, led me to be sick and in bed for two weeks straight, but it was worth anyway.

Edited by seikun

Their initial run up to the first album is legendary. Really a perfect example of those initial post-explosion bands that retained a lot of the classical form while also ramping up the musicianship and weirdness. 

Kichigai TV always reminded me of Madeth Gray'll being interpreted by a newer vk band; and I mean this band's early output is so rich in different influences and it's just top tier vk.