Sign in to follow this  
Rize

MEJIBRAY - アヴァロン (avalon)

Let's start a review topicu for MEJIBRAY - アヴァロン!

Their very first single release for 2013, what do you think about the songs?

42759682.png

1 アヴァロン - I think It's a very strong & catchy song. I've been playing this song quite a lot now.

The chorus is strong and the guitar solo is so great! I think they did well for this song!

Plus the lyrics is easy to sing-a-long, so that's great for me! Givin' this a 9/10 !♥ :lolita_cheerful:

2 呼吸 - It was great when I listened to the previews.. I though it was going to be an another ballad-song, until I heard the longer preview.

It starts with some sweet piano and then the sounds of the guitar/bass makes it interesting.

I like the soft-vocal parts~ but when Tsuzuku shouts, for some way, I think I'm hearing false notes♪

Or my ears just need to get used to it, but this song was less better than the title track. I think Tsuzuku-san could do better. 6/10

3 D.E.INCUBUS - The intro from the first few seconds took my attention!

This song turned out really amazing. EPICU TSUZU-Screams, YEAH. Very catchy song, insane good instrumentals. Really great they've made such song, I guess the strongest song of the whole single.

Giving this 10/10 !♥

omg i just have to say i am laughing with tsuzuku's singing in 呼吸

but that's a good thing because it's not a song i'll think well that's so much crap and throw it and forget it.

this is classic funny for me.

the other two songs i like them! are pretty good. (well not anything amazing for me but pretty good!)

D.E.INCUBUS is my favorite

Avalon is a good track, although some of the singing annoys me. they've done much better before, but the chorus is good.

and WTF are those screaming parts on the second track? really, WTF? he goes WAAAAAY OFF, I really can't believe they thought it sounded nice...

I thought that, overall, it was a very good single. I haven't listened to it a lot, per se, but I have listened to Avalon itself a few times because it is quite the terrific song. I am rather fond of Kokyu, but DEIncubus kind of grates on me from the beginning... After the intro the song is very good.

Looking forward to Die Kusse, hope it's as good as this one.... I'll give it... a .....

9/10

I think i can officially say that MEJIBRAY is my favorite band already.

Every single release by them are totally 10/10 for me. Avalon couldn't be different.

アヴァロン→ I just love the way how they make catchy songs ♥ Love the piano, the guitar solo and of course TSUZUKU VOICE. I just don't understand why u guys complain about that. Since Sadisgate its just getting better and better for me. I really love Tzk vocals ♥

呼吸→ How Linh said i just thought that were going to be a ballad. But i was surprised. The song feeling me kinda remember me of これは依存と呼ぶなら (actually Tzk makes a reference to that in this song!haha) and thats totally fuckn awesome. His voice and screams also sounds flawless as always.

D.E.INCUBUS→Wow! I was surprised! Also love the chorus, that must be awesome at live, i hope i can listen it soon! And the girl moans made me laugh hard.

Well, how i said before, thats totally 10/10 for me.

Flawless band, flawless release.

Can't wait for DIE KUSSE, MiA just said the single will have the same feeling as Slivers.exe

OMG THAT GONNA BE EPIC

This band is an odd one for me. Their A-sides always deliver, while the B-sides are consistently terrible.

I'll get this out of the way first, Tsuzuku rocks. His performance is unique, varied and most important of all he seems to be really into it... However keep in mind that I am only speaking of their newest stuff here. It is not "good" in the sense that it would win him any awards on singing competitions, but it does its job here. 

The title song is an continuation of the Sadisgate-Emily lineage. Mejibray is starting to sound like it knows its way around generic ( but so delicious ) VK anno 2010's. The best thing about their evolution is that the guitarist has toned down the wank considerably. I can't stand MiA's wanky riffs on their old songs at all, but ever since Sadisgate they have become less and less prominent. More emphasis they put on the vocals to drive the songs, the happier I am. This band is one of the only cases where I practically pray for them to sell out and start making their songs poppier.

And then there were the b-sides. While I still strongly maintain my position that their b-sides lack character, or anything decent for that matter, I like the vocals on 呼吸. This is the first time I ever liked something on one of their b-sides, which can only be taken as a positive when considering their future. Still, it is not something that I would listen to aside from review purposes, so I cannot give it an acceptable rating if I was to rate this single. 

I can't with D.E Incubus. Even though I acknowledged Tsuzuku earlier, his screams could still be improved a lot, if he decides to do the same kind of scream for the entire song. I adore the vocals on Sadisgate because of the variety of different sounds he does, which is something he should do in all of their songs "like this". Well the whole piece in short: Riffs suck, cannot recall the chorus even though I listened to it a whopping 20 seconds ago, the vocals are a bore and the moans are stupid.

This band has taken a direction that I very much approve of. The only thing they still haven't gotten right is making releases good from top to bottom, a fault I hope has been redeemed before the next full length album or mini.

Oh hey, haven't written my thoughts here yet...might as well do it now! :D

Avalon - I like the incorporation of pianos, and the overall lighter atmosphere (but has that "MEJI' punch" too, of course). MiA once again provides some cool melodies/solos on his guitar, and Tsuzuku's voice is nice too. Essentially no different than their usual fare but good enough. Catchy stuff!

Kokyuu - Again, the piano, a nice touch! Starts off rather interestingly, and gradually blooms into pretty okay-ish pop. The chorus reminds me a bit of Kore wo izon to yobu nara, maybe not a coincidence (since Tsuzuku references those lyrics towards the end). Not bad, but not too memorable.

D.E.INCUBUS - This one smells like The GazettE at parts, heh (the main riff and chorus). I can listen to it but, all in all, totally forgettable.

Overall this was an okay-ish single, nothing too extraordinary but not unlistenable either. I like how they usually maintain an "average/good" quality throughout their releases, although I'd much rather they began taking more time to polish their songs into being more well-thought-out because the lack of variety is beginning to show. I'd give this single a 6.5/10 - not bad but step up your game a bit more, guys!

Sign in to follow this