orangetarts

What are some good things going on in your life today!?

i'm enjoying playing bass, even if i'm not good. this is a major thing for me, being a perfectionist who gives up on most hobbies because i'm not good at them first try. i haven't enjoyed a hobby/had any productive interests in at least half a year. i'm just too damn hard on myself.

but with bass, i'm just letting go and having a great time. great decision on my part for wanting to play this instrument. plus, i'll be getting lessons sometime this week, so who knows? maybe one day i'll actually be good at this instrument and enjoy it even more.

I stumbled upon this cuteness overload animated indie-pop PV with cats in it...

Usually I don't care... but the music is really nice too... and... CATS!!! :3:3:3

-> something for you@CAT5:)

I've got a call from a company I really want to work at and got invited for a job interview there next week!

+ I'm still really happy that I was able to meet the members of GYZE again after two years

Jupiter's concert was great, I had an amazing time and I met with lots of friends I don't get to see often.

No really today, but highlit of the week. I haven't done ANYTHING in literally five days.

Edited by Komorebi

With Scapegoat I hope to be brave enough to have a new favourite band the first time in years?! 

Like I usually think 'they might be fav band material' and boom - disbanding. 

So I kind of refrained myself from liking some bands because of the heart shattering moment when they a. change their style to sth I don't like anymore or b. disband

Also university is really demanding atm, but I keep it flowing, even though my life really wears me out  atm

But better times will come.

I work 4, 10-hour shifts so after my 3 days off I'm very excited to be back at work and see my doggies. It was also my best friend's birthday on Monday so we had a fun weekend of partying and celebrating.

The Most High is truly good. I suppose this post isn't in reference to a specific event, but rather it's me sitting in awe at a sequence of events (both good and bad)...at the realization of a process that's been cumulative and ongoing  for me....and also bearing witness to the fruit of that process and gaining confirmation thereof. One of the things I've heard often is that The Most High could not only heal and restore that which you've lost, but could also renew you in a way better than you could even conceive - and naturally, I just assumed this to be a comforting cliche - but to actually experience this... it's been both humbling and reaffirming. And so my understanding is deepening and my faith is growing roots. Unlike the abstract concepts and schizophrenic doctrines espoused by religion, I'm seeing that true faith is instantiated in diligent action. It's not passive, nor is it obtained overnight. And in my experience, it's not something that one can be convinced of (and certainly not coerced into) believing. It's something that must be walked out to truly grasp.

It takes humility tho...and humility is trusting the process.  🙏

I had enough money to splooge on a few CDs and merch, and I still have plenty more (A+!!)

I'm also starting a second job next week, hope that turns out well :33333 

A man with a really pleasant Scottish accent told me I looked very pretty.

Also, I was just thinking about on Wednesday when I was talking to a guy I've known for about fourteen years (we didn't speak for a while in the middle of that because we went to different high schools, but we've been at the same college for a year and a half now) and his two friends, I couldn't help but remember how refreshing it was. Not just because they're really nice, fun people, but also because I still get sad about when I fell out with some of my closest friends in July last year. I don't like them, but I still get upset about it because I feel like I've missed out on a lot. Thinking about those three guys I was chatting with and how nice it felt to be around them, it's made me actually value the fact that I lost the bad people in my life because I now hold the good people even dearer to me than I would have before. Being an optimist in general, I tend to see a silver lining on every cloud anyways, but this just seemed really meaningful. That would probably sound trite and twee to a lot of people, but it means a lot to me.

I decided that I want to change jobs and work in a bigger company. I went to the interview and now I'm waiting for the results ;A;. I'm also planning on visiting Japan this year as a birthday present from me to me <3. Things are going better this year.

There was this guy selling (really good) hand/nail products on the street today. He gave me a free sample then asked if I wanted to buy some. He said the usual asking price would be £110 (oof), but he was selling them for £70. Nevertheless, I managed to haggle him down to £25 😏 I'm usually quite frugal but I'm always a sucker for sweet-talking street vendors, so I'm actually pretty proud that I managed to do that.

I just recently got a Job at an Airport and I work down on the airfield,it's a really loud but refreshing experience.

I just found out I can go ahead and graduate for my Associates in Applied Sciences for computer science in August instead of December. Kinda pissed that I could've graduated this month, but it's better than trekking thru another semester in school. I'm still processing it, and I've never felt so relieved, yet scared in a while.

11 hours ago, suji said:

I just found out I can go ahead and graduate for my Associates in Applied Sciences for computer science in August instead of December. Kinda pissed that I could've graduated this month, but it's better than trekking thru another semester in school. I'm still processing it, and I've never felt so relieved, yet scared in a while.

AYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE

so this is a really nice thread! lemme undust it~ 

Today I felt like I've finally settled into a habit of going to the gym twice a week (at the insane hour of 5:30AM no less), so hopefully this blob of a person shall eventually become a Ripped Blob™