sai

DIR EN GREY new mini-album "THE UNRAVELING" release

The "shinka" discovered at the end of unprecedented times.

DIR EN GREY who continues to storm not only Japan but the world, will be releasing a Mini Album "THE UNRAVELING" with 7 new songs in April 3, 2013, just 4 months after their new single "RINKAKU" (released December 19, 2012)

With this mini Album, experience "shinka: Evolution / Depth / Genuinity" of DIR EN GREY, a band that penetrates originality, possesing a core unrelented by time.

[Limited Order-Only Deluxe Version] 3 DISCS (2CD+DVD) SFCD-0117~119 ¥7,350 (tax in)

Order Deadline for [Limited Order-Only Deluxe Version]: 11 February, 2013

***This edition is very limited so please send in your orders before the deadline to ensure your purchase

*2 Release Bonus Item Redemption Postcard Inside! (for purchase of SINGLE 'RINKAKU' & MINI ALBUM 'THE UNRAVELING' [Limited Order-Only Deluxe Version])

[initial Limited Version] 2 DISCS (CD+DVD) SFCD-0120~121 ¥3,150 (tax in)

*2 Release Bonus Item Redemption Postcard Inside! (for purchase of SINGLE 'RINKAKU' & MINI ALBUM 'THE UNRAVELING' [initial Limited Version])

[Original Version] CD Only SFCD-0122 ¥2,625 (tax in)

Source: OHP & tumblr

tumblr_mfl6txnWLL1r5sfsvo1_500.jpg

Totaly unexpected...

First nothing for a very long time, then a single, new mini... I wouldn'y be suprised if they announce new full album soon.

To be honest I'm not really excited. I like some of their stuff but recent works aren't as good as f.ex. Uroboros. I didn't like MOO too much and i didn't like Rinkaku either. If it will be something like this again I'll propably give up with DEG. They're important to me in some way and will ever be, but CD after CD i'm looking more and more down to them, not up, as I usual have been doing for a very long time.

Well, just realizing Tabula Rasa means Blank Slate... the new mini is called "The Unraveling" and there's all this talk about evolution and depth...

I did like all the songs on Rinkaku, but I won't really find it bad if this is the six ugly change all over again

Been awhile since their last EP LOL!

Also, that title is so boring + basic now,

after the oh-so-deep and religiously themed UROBOROS and MOO.

Looking forward to it nevertheless!

Also, that title is so boring + basic now,

after the oh-so-deep and religiously themed UROBOROS and MOO.

yup, "Tabula Rasa"-Tour is cool though :P

still very, very! exited for this, 7 songs seems like a good length to me...

So excite!

So few bands make mini-albums this far in their career.

Although, yeah I'm past the MOO phase now. I hope they try something new with this release.

I love this idea, it really seems like they're stripping down their old sound and trying something totally new. It's so exciting! I really hope I end up loving it. I liked Rinkaku, but I would really like to hear a decent mix of powerful songs and toned-down ones.