inartistic

NEGA disbanding

Now they should just reform Aliene Mariage and we can have the good stuff

You mean one of them. The talented one from NEGA, RAY. :lol:

The rest of them are peasants.

Yeah, I know it's just Ray. "They" there is Kyoka, Mast and Ray

they really gotta :)

been awhile.

I was expecting it too, due to their lack of activity recently, but they are one of my favorite bands ever. This is so sad. I don't want them to go. I hope they at least film their last live and release it as a DVD.

As some people said before, if some of UCP's less known bands will still be active they should too. They have a lot of potential.

It would be awesome if they revived PERESTROÏKA or if that session band some of them made with ex-Aicle members becomes a full-fledged project. But this means they wouldn't play NEGA's songs anymore, so I hope they are just changing their names or something like this.

;A; This is terrible news. Vanitas was terrible but I really did like them ;A;.

These bitches better come back.

:l

Now they should just reform Aliene Mariage and we can have the good stuff

This would be awesome~

NEGA will end and they'll continue with that alter-ego band fulltime

If they did that I'd be more than delighted xD

I like NEGA, but I love PERESTROIKA.

You've got to be kidding me perestroika were garbage

This is sad to hear, I was finally getting really into their VANITAS album. I know this isn't too relevant with the topic but why is there always that one person on a "band disbanding" topic that always has to say "Hopefully they just reform as..." I mean, one can dream and all but the chances of that happening are 1 in a million. Those comments have been irking me lately.

I'm surprised so many people hated VANITAS. I thought it was top-notch.

Sad to see them go.

Same. Oh well, at least we got some cool stuff from them I guess... ^^

Yeah, can't say I'm surprised but still sad to see them go. Their new direction(post hiatus) just wan't doing it for me anymore. Hopefully they move on to something better.

I'm surprised so many people hated VANITAS. I thought it was top-notch.

Sad to see them go.

Right? I thought VANITAS was super great and have loved almost all of their stuff in recent years (including PERESTROIKA).

This is sad to hear, I was finally getting really into their VANITAS album. I know this isn't too relevant with the topic but why is there always that one person on a "band disbanding" topic that always has to say "Hopefully they just reform as..." I mean, one can dream and all but the chances of that happening are 1 in a million. Those comments have been irking me lately.

Well, I personally think Aliene is one million times better than Nega, so even the smallest chances are still chances.

And they have reformed for one day many, many times, so I wouldn't say the chances are that small.

kote kei like it was in the 90s is pretty much dead now though and with undercode gone there aren't even any half way decent visual kei bands around anymore... at least kote kei is for sure dead at this point

kote kei like it was in the 90s is pretty much dead now though and with undercode gone there aren't even any half way decent visual kei bands around anymore... at least kote kei is for sure dead at this point

It's been dead since 2002. Sorry.

Ok, I was expecting something better when VANITAS came out too. It's way too experimental for my taste, but seriously, how can someone love NEGA and hate PERESTROÏKA ? It's almost exactly the same thing. People just hate it because there's eletronic stuff in it. I don't get why people hate eletronic music so much. No matter how fabusome it is, if there's any autotune/trance/house/dubstep on it, there will always be someone to be bitching like "HURR DURR, real musicians don't use eletronic stuff to make their music. I h8 eletro music. It's not real music. It's gay" and so on.

I hate Kisaki, it's his fault. If he didn't close UCP, they wouldn't disband so soon. I hate this, why can't they continue under a different label?

I hate Kisaki, it's his fault. If he didn't close UCP, they wouldn't disband so soon. I hate this, why can't they continue under a different label?

I feel like UCP breaking up isn't the main reason why they're disbanding, although it might have given them a convenient exit to do so. I think they just might be spent as a band and want to go on top and not fizzle out like a VK version of The Simpsons, composing music well past their prime that doesn't do justice to their vision.

Some could argue they've already hit their peak and started their decline. Even more so of a good reason to stop while you're somewhat ahead.

EDIT: I said Kisaki disbanding. ZESS Y U SO DRUNK?

Recently in Japan, the visual kei is living one of worst years, something like in 2002. A lot of visual kei fans are disappeared, and the new fans amount is much lesser.

In Europe same thing happened.

Without enough support it became impossible to maintain Under Code Production anymore.

NEGA: V-ROCK is DEAD

finished

Ok, I was expecting something better when VANITAS came out too. It's way too experimental for my taste, but seriously, how can someone love NEGA and hate PERESTROÏKA ? It's almost exactly the same thing. People just hate it because there's eletronic stuff in it. I don't get why people hate eletronic music so much. No matter how fabusome it is, if there's any autotune/trance/house/dubstep on it, there will always be someone to be bitching like "HURR DURR, real musicians don't use eletronic stuff to make their music. I h8 eletro music. It's not real music. It's gay" and so on.

I don't hate electro music entirely but I'm tired of it being used in music so frequently in bands and i personally don't like that sort of music, yes Perestroika sound different to me than nega they aren't TOO bad or different though but well i don't like nega anymore either anyway i don't even know why i thought i did to be honest only a few okay songs and that's it maybe their old old stuff were more my type of sound but still musically there wasn't a lot to be desired. it seems every decent band though or musician in the visual kei scene i used to like have gone through this electro stage in their career and i don't like it.

???

They were perfectly capable of moving to a new label. They've been the most popular UCP band for years, so I'm sure any other indie label would be happy to have them. There's nothing to suggest that disbanding wasn't their decision.

I feel like UCP breaking up isn't the main reason why they're disbanding, although it might have given them a convenient exit to do so. I think they just might be spent as a band and want to go on top and not fizzle out (...)

Good thought.

Funny, everytime a VK band of the UCP label disbands at least one person yells "It was Kisaki's fault!!!" Kisaki may be strange and greedy, but I doubt that it is his fault when VK bands don't sell enough tickets or CDs. Visual kei isn't really popular in Japan and since the big die out of bands from the late 90s disbandments have become something totally natural for the "scene".

It was just a matter of time that NEGA too will leave the stage. It's actually a wonder that they have lasted so long (and it wouldn't have been possible if they weren't the label's biggest bands). Their reasons may be personal or financial, that doesn't realy matter, but blaming Kisaki for everything won't change anything.

Zess also has a good point. Maybe it's for the good when they end their activities now. They have lost their direction and their most recent relases clearly showed how they run out of steam compared to their beginning. Vanitas wasn't bad, but it wasn't really good either.

I guess we all should just get used to disbandments. I wouldn't be surprised anymore if Megaromania will disband too.

I don't care about any explanations right now, they're one of my favorite bands, it hurts me they're going to disband. It isn't easy to understand when you don't care about the band this much... but they're very special to me, so it makes me sad.

Kinda liked Muddy Cult at the time when it first showed on youtube, which is pretty much all I have to say about this band. *carp*

Sign in to follow this