Sign in to follow this  
mohshuvuu

Schwein - Deep scars

Since nobody created one thread to talk about this release... I would like to share some thoughts about this single and I hope you write yours too!

Schwein was created last year and haven't released anything after "Dokusai no Buta" single, that was (almost exactly) one year ago. That's why I was anxious for this new single. After the disappointment of "Dokusai no Buta", I was really hoping that this single should be a little different.

The first track, "Deep scars" sounds like "Dokusai no Buta". It's a agitated song and has lots of death growls and screams. Don't changed that much from the last single, isn't it? Looks like Schwein is going to keep this peculiar characteristic.

The second track called "fallin' heaven" is, IMO, the most amazing song in this single. It remind me A LOT of hurts' songs. I was really happy with this one, because I really love Hina's past bands. It's not that heavy and has no screams. Also, it has such a great chorus (it keeps repeating in my mind). I don't have the lyrics (looking forward for it!) and I'm not that fluent in Japanese, but the lyrics sounds really sad.

And the last one, "Machine". Another hurts-like song! This one is a bit agitated and has screams. I really liked this one too! Don't have much to write about this, since it keeps the default characteristic of Hina's gothic-punk bands. If you don't know what I mean... you should hear it!

Final thoughts: amazing! Totally in love with it and satisfied. So much better than "Dokusai no Buta". And now I'm hoping again that they really keep this style!

I wonder why they are so undervalued...

I love Schwein, since all members come from bands I love, they created an awesome style.

My favourite track from the single is Deep scars, because, being all lyrics composed by Yairi, reminds me a little of °C.

fallin' heaven is really an amazing and touching ballad. I love Hina's voice here.

Machine, as you said, reminds me gothic-punk style by hurts, I guess this is an awesome song for lives!

I give this single 10/10. The best single of the year!

Sign in to follow this