Sign in to follow this  
fitear1590

[Band Battle] Shiina Ringo vs. Tokyo Jihen

Which do you prefer?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• æ¤?名æ??æª? (Shiina Ringo)
    • 東京äº?å¤? (Tokyo Jihen)

Shiina Ringo, definitely. While Tokyo Jihen has some cool songs, I like almost everything Shiina did in her solo works. Her solo songs are much more fun and memorable for me, and closer to my heart. Plus, I think she delivered a consistent quality on all her albums, while I find some TJ albums lacking compared to others.

Firstly, you're an ASSHOLE for making this post! XD LOL...seriously, this is a tough one.

In my opinion, both Shiina's solo work and her work TJ have been amazing. Both have formidable discographies with an overwhelming amount on quality tunes churned out on both fronts. Hell, looking at my "favorites" playlist, the amount of songs I have from shiina and TJ are almost the same.

But when it comes down to it, I'm gonna have to go with TJ. Shiina is amazing by herself, but with TJ, you have so much additional talent in the mix....both TJ's original lineup and final lineups were comprised of awesome musicians.

So yeah, I love solo Shiina, but I gotta roll with TJ on this one!

Oh god this is tough.

I love both to pieces, in very different ways. Shiina has such a varied and versatile discography, she never really sticks to one style and that always stood out to me. I'm surprised every time I listen to her music. Tokyo Jihen is a strong band with a pretty consistent sound, which is kind of amazing considering they were around for about 10 years.

I wouldn't want to live in a world without both, but if I had to choose i think it would be Shiina. I appreciate all the diverse sounds I've heard from her throughout the years, my taste in music has evolved from listening to her music. I can't say the same of Tokyo Jihen, even if they are amazing.

Shouso Strip is one of my favorite albums ever.. KZK is also really fantastic.. and said before her solo songs are a bit closer to the heart despite TJ also being excellent with other great talents in the band. So.. solo SR wins!

Sign in to follow this