Sign in to follow this  
Flame-X

English info in Downloads

While I'm very thankful for everyone spending their time and effort into sharing the music us, I really need to make this suggestion. If this has already been suggested, then ignore it.

Can we please have uploaders put in english info in the download topics? I'm pretty sure most people here like myself can't read Japanese. I'm fine with the files and tags being left with kanji or whatever symbols, but at least put up the musician's and track names in english so I can know what I'm listening to. It doesn't have to be translated, romaji is good enough.

My question is purely for clarification purposes:

So if for example someone uploads a single that is say 新興宗教楽団NoGoD - 神風, do you want the topic title to say Shinkou Shuukyou Gakudan NoGoD - Kamikaze, or are you looking for more information within the topic itself (so the title could be 新興宗教楽団NoGoD - 神風 but somewhere in the topic the poster provides a Romaji translation)? Or does it not matter where as long as it's somewhere?

Well, you also can look for that at sites such as CDjapan,

And sometimes even news blogs provide the names in romanji. so that people can understand.

And it is actually more work for the uploaders to write those names down in Romanji too.

And maybe even to add a txt. file for the romanji names.

x_x..

I don't know.

I can guarantee, I always do AT LEAST the band names in both kanji/kana and romaji when I post things.

I think all uploaders can at least do that much.

Tracklists can be a bit more work though, especially if lots of kanji with uncommon readings are involved. But I'll try my best from now on to also include romaji, whenever possible.

I prefer non-Japanese (i.e. romaji) characters in thread titles/descriptions/etc too, since that way I immediately know what I'm looking at. I can read hiragana and katakana (and some kanji), but I don't think most downloaders can, so... (well, I'm just assuming). It's easier on the eyes too, imo.

I prefer non-Japanese (i.e. romaji) characters in thread titles/descriptions/etc too, since that way I immediately know what I'm looking at. I can read hiragana and katakana (and some kanji), but I don't think most downloaders can, so... (well, I'm just assuming). It's easier on the eyes too, imo.

it's kinda problematic though that just now tried to add romaji names to on topic name just to notice that there wasn't enough room for them... Since apparently it would have been too long name for topic then OTL. And I'd prefer to keep kana's/kanji there too anyway :z...

it's kinda problematic though that just now tried to add romaji names to on topic name just to notice that there wasn't enough room for them... Since apparently it would have been too long name for topic then OTL. And I'd prefer to keep kana's/kanji there too anyway :z...

In that case, I think posting either one is fine as long as the post has both so the most amount of people can understand.

I dropped using romanized names as most of them doesnt fit in the topictitles. I always mention the bandname in romaji in the actual description etc...

as for tracktitles. screw that shit... Don't find the need to translate/romanize them. I always do direct copies and thus even spelling errors are included in my rips. It's how they branded it on the CD, and thus how I rip and store them.

If you really want to get them romanized -> romaji.org...

I can guarantee, I always do AT LEAST the band names in both kanji/kana and romaji when I post things.

I think all uploaders can at least do that much.

Yes definitely agree with you there.

As long as the info for artist/band and album title are in english letters then I can always google, cdjapan, etc. the track titles as others mentioned.

Sign in to follow this