digi

Bands that you respect but don't like (musically)

So yeah lol I think you know what that means :)

My respected band would be Alice Nine. Of course they're talented as fuck but their music just doesn't interest me.

What are yours?

Mine would be A and NoGod. Both sound like they really know what they're doing, have a certain style, and pretty awesome musical skills (especially NoGod) but ehh... A sounds too corny/cheesy for me (not in a good way), and NoGod just simply bores me.

For me that band is 9GOATS BLACK OUT. They know what they're doing and I actually did like some tracks of their first mini, but besides that they just bore me to death. I do respect them though, they really know what they're doing and have their own unique sound.

Hmm, one of them would be Galneryus for sure. Though I really like some of their songs (A Far-Off Distance, Alsatia, Cause Disarray etc.), the rest is just... not for me. I only blame myself for not enjoying this kind of music as much as others.

For me is Para:noir...I like a very few songs of them,but I think that they're really talented and are very good,but in a way,after listening 2 or 3 songs they bore me...I don't know why.

Kaggra would be this to me, I'd say.

idk, their music just bores me for some reason

I really like the idea of this topic!

Some of mine would be D and NoGod. Granted, I probably haven't given them enough chances yet, but both bands have musicians that are pretty talented. For whatever reason, outside of the occasional song here and there, their stuff doesn't really click with me in a way that gets me excited about them, craving more. NoGod, in particular, is interesting because I actually generally love male singers with high-pitched soaring vocals, but something about Danchou (that's his name, right?) slightly annoys me.

Another artist is Cornelius. I love this guy, because he part of the guitar-pop dynamic duo known as "Flipper's Guitar" of the early 90's. I respect the hell out of his experimental electronic stuff, even if it's the polar opposite of his guitar pop masterpieces. I don't "not like" his electronic stuff, but I'm hoping one day it'll click for me more.

There's definitely a few more, but my brain is in death-mode.

9GOATS BLACK OUT (like only 2 or 3 songs), D (Like one album), SID (liked two albums), )NoGOD (liked a couple of singles), and Kra (liked a couple of singles). The first 4 have excellent playing ability, but the songs are blah at times. Kra has some pretty interesting sounding stuff (extra kingdom and artman <3), but a lot more bland sounding stuff.

EDIT:

Kiryu (excellent skill, but their songs all sound similar)

Girugamesh (even in their earlier days I was like "meh")

Chemical Pictures (comeback to me Kurt :( )

Amber Gris (comeback to me Ruvie :( )

I'd say DIR EN GREY. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a few of their songs, but the bulk of their discography does nothing for me. Regardless, I do respect them as they've been in the game for a long time and have influenced countless bands.

Another is Zazen Boys. I know they're legendary in the indie scene and ppl like pretty much anything Mukai touches, but I simply don't get their music. I suppose it goes over my head or something. Who knows...

BUCK-TICK. I do like a few songs (mostly some random singles) and the 十三階は月光 album, but their overall sound is just unappealing to me, like it lacks something. I do, however, acknowledge their talent, most notably Atsushi's voice and his ability to drive people of any gender and sexual orientation to multiple orgarms.

I'm adding two others to my list as well, being DIR EN GREY and LUNA SEA.

I haven't been able to enjoy a single full album by DIR EN GREY, but they've done quite a lot for the scene and they should be respected for that in some way. Same goes for LUNA SEA, great influence for a lot of younger bands and the scene in general, but their music really just doesn't do it for me, it feels like it's missing a spark that would make it enjoyable to listen to (though I like their MOTHER album a lot!)

Almost all the bands listed here I feel the same way about • w • Especially NoGod... I love Danchou's singing but I only like a few songs while the others are just bleh ♡

Now one i disagree with is Diru... I have like a love/hate feeling towards them. Everything up to vulgar, I adored ♡ its just lately that I'm starting to lose interest in them... I still love them a lot though. They were one of the first bands besides Syndrome to get me into VK ♡

I concur with Buck-Tick - I've tried several songs and have yet to really get into them, but I respect their influence and their long-standing career. I feel the same way about all of the "good" new visual kei artists that everyone likes: 9GOATS BLACK OUT, A, etc. Their music doesn't do much for me, but I appreciate that they exist to balance out the mediocrity in the visual scene.

DIR EN GREY I would have to say. Kyo is really a skilled vocalist with tremendous range but I don't really like his singing...Now, I don't have a problem with the edginess of the band's music (because I actually prefer the harder VK stuff)...but personally, I find their sound really dry and uninteresting

X Japan. I like a few songs, but their music isn't interesting to me overall. I do respect that they influenced a lot of other artists, though.

DIR EN GREY I would have to say. Kyo is really a skilled vocalist with tremendous range but I don't really like his singing...Now, I don't have a problem with the edginess of the band's music (because I actually prefer the harder VK stuff)...but personally, I find their sound really dry and uninteresting

couldn't have said it better myself.

-Dir en grey, simply because i'm not the heavy stuff type

-also, malice mizer and X japan, not into that type of rock either, though i do like a couple of songs by both

-nightmare, I know they're really talented but their songs just all sound similar to me. love it when they do covers though.

雅-MIYAVI- love his guitar work and even some of his songs but overall not even one of my top 25 favorite musicians. Still have mad respect for him though. :wan-09:

Slipknot, they're still doing all that stupid mask teenage angst faggotry but they're still doing it! Not like the other terribad 90s nu-metal bands that turned into shitty ass pop rock y'know? 10-15 years later abd Slipknot is still being angsty faggots, RESPECT.

Guest Magatsu

Miyavi and hide.

both talented.

but just not the best

Miyavi he should look for good vocalist who can sing his songs.

and hide is overrated..

most people don't love his solo work... soo..

but both I do respect them.