Sign in to follow this  
gyakutai

Most overvalued band

Guest o hai itz will

Because Dir en grey stans are children.
this. ironic, since they seem to like calling others kids when they're only like, 18
I'm 18? since when?

Sometimes I think this forum needs a word filter, replacing "Dir en grey" with something harmless, like "Nyappy!" or the picture of a little kitten.

^ lmao, indeed. Every thread is turning into a Dir en Grey shitfest. c'mon people. They're not worth excessive praise nor do they warrant so much hate.

Merzbow

I'm not particularly a fan of noise, but I do respect and appreciate his music. I've always found the ideology behind noise to be fascinating. However, I'm willing to call merzbow "overvalued" because for some reason, people think by listening to him (and noise period), that it somehow enhances their taste and makes it more "sophisticated" or better than the taste of others. Hell, some people who make noise don't even consider it music, so why do people feel so musically elite for listening to it?

I can't even count the number of times I've seen people namedrop merzbow in some kind of music related argument. It's pretty ridiculous. Just because it's something that MTV would avoid at all costs, does not make it the pinnacle of coolness lol. Merzbow is not a god.

THIS

Some of his stuff is kinda soothing/nice to hear, etc. but some of his stuff, I don't see how it gets such grand reviews consistantly. You really get that much of a kick out of EVERY SINGLE washing machine/chicken recording? C'mon people. . .

ORANGE RANGE

the poll in the top tens is not quite right particularly about "they have the best album"

+i noticed when somebody like Slash of Velvet Revolver/ex-GUNS N' ROSES's fans saw a japanese artist like Koshi Inaba of B'z esp. when you hear the Sahara single they were like "whose the asian?" (they are actually annoyed with his voice). +referring to herpes' post of he didnt saw a hate in B'z, etc.

ORANGE RANGE

the poll in the top tens is not quite right particularly about "they have the best album"

+i noticed when somebody like Slash of Velvet Revolver/ex-GUNS N' ROSES's fans saw a japanese artist like Koshi Inaba of B'z esp. when you hear the Sahara single they were like "whose the asian?" (they are actually annoyed with his voice). +referring to herpes' post of he didnt saw a hate in B'z, etc.

I think Herpes was just referring to the fact they were incredibly successful -which they are, their sales have set records in Japan. (Far more than Dir en grey can probably ever hope for). Of course, that's not saying they are the only ones.

I'm sure plenty of people hate/dislike them; go to Keikaku (and some select visual kei boards) and try to start a B'z topic. They'll whip up a storm.

Guest o hai itz will

^ >implying that true success comes from becoming popular in a country (japan) that is heavily influenced by fads and crazes.

I would mention Malice Mizer, Moi Dix Mois and Dir En Grey.

I love there music because it relaxes me :)

also as I read through peoples replys its retarded to criticize other people likings. I know that you people know that but seriously people criticism of other people's opinions and likings pisses me off. just saying :)

Honestly? I think all of the bigger names in Jrock are totally overvalued. The extent that some people go... no... i take that back... the... how do I word this... the fangirlism? For any band is completely uncalled for.

Now, I also feel that there's "being-a-huge-fan-of" and then there's "fangirling."

I'm guilty of being so excited for the Dir en grey show that I've done a happy dance... not because "Kyo is s000oo00 schmexy !!1!!

Now, I'm not going to include some of my absolute favorites in this, but some bands that I listen to, appreciate the music of, would generally like to see in concert, but don't understand anyone's total obsession with:

alice nine.

ayabie

GPKISM (I swear to God, Tainted Reality employees orgasm when they hear the word, and I just don't understand it... They were amazing and original until Atheos... then it got boring and tired. Fast.)

Malice Mizer (When they were around, of course. They made good music. Passable music. Music I'll listen to from time to time. But not ultimate fangirlism worthy.)

D

Phantasmagoria (When they were officially around as well.)

Miyavi (I like him a lot, but I don't find him "kawaii" at. all.)

the GazettE

Girugamesh

Gackt

Now bands I hate that get too much attention:

9GBO

Nega

Every single "OMG, NEW BAND GAIZ" that Shattered-Tranquility talks about... Not that they're overvalued per se, but that some people do tend to freak out and become obsessive about Teh Rarez and it's sickening.... but redundant obvious post is reduntant and obvious.

UnsraW (and all carbon copies.... cough Vajra cough)

Sadie (kind of hate, not full blown hate.)

Satsuki (also kind of hate. better in RES, blahdyblahdyblah)

Honestly? I think all of the bigger names in Jrock are totally overvalued. The extent that some people go... no... i take that back... the... how do I word this... the fangirlism? For any band is completely uncalled for.

Now, I also feel that there's "being-a-huge-fan-of" and then there's "fangirling."

I'm guilty of being so excited for the Dir en grey show that I've done a happy dance... not because "Kyo is s000oo00 schmexy !!1!!<3333~~" but because I've been a fan of the band as long as I can remember and it was my first show.

Now, I'm not going to include some of my absolute favorites in this, but some bands that I listen to, appreciate the music of, would generally like to see in concert, but don't understand anyone's total obsession with:

alice nine.

ayabie

GPKISM (I swear to God, Tainted Reality employees orgasm when they hear the word, and I just don't understand it... They were amazing and original until Atheos... then it got boring and tired. Fast.)

Malice Mizer (When they were around, of course. They made good music. Passable music. Music I'll listen to from time to time. But not ultimate fangirlism worthy.)

D

Phantasmagoria (When they were officially around as well.)

Miyavi (I like him a lot, but I don't find him "kawaii" at. all.)

the GazettE

Girugamesh

Gackt

Now bands I hate that get too much attention:

9GBO

Nega

Every single "OMG, NEW BAND GAIZ" that Shattered-Tranquility talks about... Not that they're overvalued per se, but that some people do tend to freak out and become obsessive about Teh Rarez and it's sickening.... but redundant obvious post is reduntant and obvious.

UnsraW (and all carbon copies.... cough Vajra cough)

Sadie (kind of hate, not full blown hate.)

Satsuki (also kind of hate. better in RES, blahdyblahdyblah)

Nobody will state their favorite band as overrated, even though maybe it is.

And neither will you or I 8D ((Don't get me wrong, I love Versailles))

When you are "a-huge-fan-of" a certain band, you feel like there's never enough love or appreciation for them. And there will always be people who hate.

Lc5!!

They have only released one PV so far (it got leaked) and people were already praising them before THAT was even leaked, just because Miku was in it. Respect, but new An Cafe was shit.

This.

All of the well known J-Rock bands are overrated when you look at it that way.

I don't think any band is overvalued because just because you don't like a band doesn't mean they are crap because i don't like the gazette music but i know that they are great at playing their instruments and ruki has a great voice, everyone has different tastes in music that's what makes us all human.

WAIT A MINUTE In no way is alice nine a boy band, they don't act like "we're nice boyssss" at all, just because they don't act like goths or emos that means their creepy.

2 reasons which show they are not a boy band:

1. They are talented.

2. They make their own music

Boybands are none of the above.

Why does everyone blame the bands for having lots of fangirls that love them, they don't choose who likes them.

I'm a girl and i like j-rock music for the music not what anyone looks like.

Why does everyone blame the bands for having lots of fangirls that love them, they don't choose who likes them.

People don't blame a band for having fangirls, they blame the fangirls for being fangirls.

There's nothing wrong with being a fan of a band, but have you ever seen a 'real' fangirl in action? They are annoying and in many cases don't really know much about the band or whatever they are a fangirl of.

And that's why those bands are overrated. I'm not saying that the bands that have a lot of fangirls are bad because it's just as you said: Everyone has their own taste in music. But the fact that there are some/many/a lot of (whatever) people who claim to like a band just for coolness reasons or whatever makes a band overrated in that sense.

overrated =/= bad

Cool sentence, but just because you supposedly do it doesn't mean the rest of their fans don't, which leads right to this:

No one said being overvalued was a BAD thing, it just is. Alice Nine is an overrated band. Sorry.

I don't think any band is overvalued because just because you don't like a band doesn't mean they are crap because i don't like the gazette music but i know that they are great at playing their instruments and ruki has a great voice, everyone has different tastes in music that's what makes us all human.

WAIT A MINUTE In no way is alice nine a boy band, they don't act like "we're nice boyssss" at all, just because they don't act like goths or emos that means their creepy.

2 reasons which show they are not a boy band:

1. They are talented.

2. They make their own music

Boybands are none of the above.

I don't usually care for boybands, but not all of them are untalented and have someone else compose their own music. However, boybands are generally popular because of their LOOKS, not their talent or lack thereof. So comparing A9 to a boyband is quite valid, because I'm willing to bet over half of their fanbase are fans because of their looks. I mean, everyone knows SHou can't sing.

@cruel_crucible I completely agree, that's the psychology of the whole thing, but I will say this about Versailles... well some of their fans... the extreme fangirls who get wetter than Hurricane Katrina over Kamijo and Teru. They're hot, yes, I would definitely do the sex to them too, but I'm not too public about it. That's probably the first time I've ever said that on a public forum, and probably the last time. I feel that half of Versailles fans like them because Kamijo and Teru are so attractive and not because of Hizaki's technical skill and Kamijo's voice. Not to mention Yuki's sicknasty drum skills. Idk, whatever, I digress. Haha

^ Yup, that's the problem. You'll never get rid of the "fangirl-ish" fangirls as long as they'll keep looking attractive. I'm a fangirl too and I admit they are definitely handsome, but I won't have orgasm everytime I see them, for God's sake. I always say - they're musicians, not sex symbols. For some reason, Yuki seems to be everyone's least favorite member because he's not "supaaaa sekushiii", but he's my favorite because he's a freakin' amazing drummer ((and I actually find him pretty attractive as well)).

I think there's no problem in thinking that the artists are "hot", "sexy", "cute" or whatever adjective you want, but most of those fangirls lack RESPECT for them. You don't have to lie to yourself and proclaim you think they're not attractive at all, 'cause it's not true, they're rock stars, it's part of their life and it's only natural for other people to find them appealing. But damn, at least show some respect and appreciation for them and the music they make.

And this does not apply only on Versailles, but every other band out there.

When it comes to Versailles, I'd say they are not overrated because they have a lot of fans that really like them for their music. Versailles is probably one of the bands with most fans outside of the 'VK scene'. There are a lot of people who like Versailles but probably don't even know what VK is.

Saying they are a boy band because half of their fanbase may like them for what they look like brings me back to me saying about why judge the band just because of some of the fans, why does that make them a boy band just because some of their fans like them for what they look like, the whole meaning of the term boy band is a group of people put together and they don't play instruments they mainly just dance, so how does the reason why their fans like them determine what kind of band they are?

Shou can definitely sing, he proves that every time they do a live.

Would you like to be the official Alice nine discussion moderator? We sure could use one! Feel free to help Will as well if a Dir en grey-shit storm comes up, that guy is doing overtime.

Would you like to be the official Alice nine discussion moderator? We sure could use one! Feel free to help Will as well if a Dir en grey-shit storm comes up, that guy is doing overtime.

:mrgreen:

Sign in to follow this