Sign in to follow this  
gyakutai

Most overvalued band

Guest o hai itz will
okay, we get it.

anytime someone says something bad about dir en grey, you disagree.

Let's move on.

People can dislike Dir en grey all they want, but it's comments that lack any sense or intelligence which drive me to comment on them. The person's comment above was one of the dumbest things I have ever read...and I have read a lot of stupid shit.

so kids in summary: go ahead, hate dir en grey. idgaf. Haters gonna hate the most popular japanese band and most successful etc etc. But do it with intelligence, not something so retarded such as the comment above.

Merzbow

I'm not particularly a fan of noise, but I do respect and appreciate his music. I've always found the ideology behind noise to be fascinating. However, I'm willing to call merzbow "overvalued" because for some reason, people think by listening to him (and noise period), that it somehow enhances their taste and makes it more "sophisticated" or better than the taste of others. Hell, some people who make noise don't even consider it music, so why do people feel so musically elite for listening to it?

I can't even count the number of times I've seen people namedrop merzbow in some kind of music related argument. It's pretty ridiculous. Just because it's something that MTV would avoid at all costs, does not make it the pinnacle of coolness lol. Merzbow is not a god.

Let's put this into perspective so I don't have to keep reading the same shit over and over again.

Dir en grey were formed in 1997. Dir en grey released Withering to death. in 2006. That's a 9 year span where a good chunk of the current fanbase were oblivious to the existence of Dir en grey.

Most of these new fans are unaware of the fact that they were a Visual Kei band, or what Visual Kei is, or that albums before VULGAR exist, or even what any of the members names are except for Kyo. Most of the fans jumped on the bandwagon mainly because they're Japanese and "different", not because of the music (as a matter of fact I recall you saying this in another thread). I can go up to a fan and say "name me the first five songs on Uroboros" and they wouldn't know a single one. Dir en grey is an overvalued band because a good portion of the fanbase don't appreciate most of the catalog of the band, yet proclaim that they are the best metal outfit on the planet and slurp on their cocks so hard they might snap.

Now before you get your panties in a twist, I didn't say they sucked. I said they're overvalued. They get far more praise than they deserve for what it is they have accomplished. They've stayed together for 10 years - impressive but doesn't speak volumes about their music. They haven't reinvented the genre or pioneered a new one. They bend genres well, but they aren't the only ones that do it. They are good composers, but they aren't legendary and don't create moving masterpiece after moving masterpiece. Kyo is a good vocalist but Mike Patton did all that first. They are a good band and they create enjoyable music, but that's where the line should be drawn.

Now seriously will, chill. Every time someone mentions Dir en grey and a slightly negative comment you throw a shitfit.

Guest 膣分泌液
Haters gonna hate the most popular japanese band and most successful etc etc.
QLmXb.gif

I don't see any hate on Southern All Stars, B'z, etc etc.

Oh wai-

Guest o hai itz will

I am actually, very calm. I don't get mad over stuff on the internet. I just comment in ways I feel fit. And people can bad mouth them all they want, who cares? It's only the comments that are borderline retarded that I feel the need to comment on, it's as simple as that.

You kids (me especially) need to stop presenting our opinions as absolutes, it tends to bring across the wrong message. Saying "I believe they are enjoyable and make good music, but nothing legendary" sounds a lot different than "they make enjoyable music but nothing legendary" doesn't it? Ah that would make things far more enjoyable.

On that note, I will refrain from commenting on your opinions of Dir en grey, because it's stuff I've heard over and over, and I don't have the energy to write a long winded post.

Guest o hai itz will
Haters gonna hate the most popular japanese band and most successful etc etc.
QLmXb.gif

I don't see any hate on Southern All Stars, B'z, etc etc.

Oh wai-

you never have anything constructive to say. it usually consists of you posting a gif and saying something sarcastic afterwards. You've attempted making constructive posts..but you kind of failed at it. Keep doing what you're doing though =D

I love Dir en grey, but i don't have to remind universe of that all the time. That's why everybody loves me <3 .

But overrated? In terms of general popularity? Nah. In terms of praise from the fans? hell yes. In overratedness there is no one single truth, or truth for that matter. My opinion is just as wrong as yours. Of course when something is painfully obvious then feel free to bitch from your hearts content. You can still tell if a band sucks or not, so let's keep on hattin'.

People can dislike Dir en grey all they want, but it's comments that lack any sense or intelligence which drive me to comment on them. The person's comment above was one of the dumbest things I have ever read...and I have read a lot of stupid shit.

so kids in summary: go ahead, hate dir en grey. idgaf. Haters gonna hate the most popular japanese band and most successful etc etc. But do it with intelligence, not something so retarded such as the comment above.

You misunderstood something....

I like the older Dir en Grey, but now they're creepy.

And it's not about intelligence, but the music.

I can play many of their songs on guitar and they're fucking simple... Can you play them???

I don't hate Die en Grey, I hate only their new music style! Marrow of a bone was one of my favorite albums, but I can't listen Uroboros, 'cause it a piece of shit!!

I don't hate popular japanese bands. Because I can't be such a great fan of Raphael. They made their major debut one year after their indies debut. I can't say another band, who can made it too! Then, what is "successfull"!?

It's my opinion, but I have many friend and they're thinking the same...

And they're musicians too.

Gotta be honest here. SCREW and LM.C

What's so great about LM.C?

LM.C is totally an awesome band!

they combine punk and electronic in most of their songs :spin:

Because Dir en grey stans are children.
this. ironic, since they seem to like calling others kids when they're only like, 18
Now before you get your panties in a twist, I didn't say they sucked. I said they're overvalued. They get far more praise than they deserve for what it is they have accomplished. They've stayed together for 10 years - impressive but doesn't speak volumes about their music. They haven't reinvented the genre or pioneered a new one. They bend genres well, but they aren't the only ones that do it. They are good composers, but they aren't legendary and don't create moving masterpiece after moving masterpiece. Kyo is a good vocalist but Mike Patton did all that first. They are a good band and they create enjoyable music, but that's where the line should be drawn.

Now seriously will, chill. Every time someone mentions Dir en grey and a slightly negative comment you throw a shitfit.

zl6i9t.jpg

Bah...I'm bored to death and annoyed reading most of this comments.

To be honest...the most of all J-Bands are overrated...every band wich got an album/single released is hyped somehow somewhere....and even if a band didn't release anything they become somehow legendary :(

It would be much harder to say wich bands AREN'T overrated or aren't recognized much enough for making music ;)

I'll continue listening to the music I love to hear...even if the band is hyped,overrated or anything.

Just to say this...Phantasmagoria was hyped like a seven world wonder...and I really hated all the cash-cow doing by Kisaki...but I just love the most of their music ;)

Guest o hai itz will
You misunderstood something....

I like the older Dir en Grey, but now they're creepy.

And it's not about intelligence, but the music.

I can play many of their songs on guitar and they're fucking simple... Can you play them???

I don't hate Die en Grey, I hate only their new music style! Marrow of a bone was one of my favorite albums, but I can't listen Uroboros, 'cause it a piece of shit!!

I don't hate popular japanese bands. Because I can't be such a great fan of Raphael. They made their major debut one year after their indies debut. I can't say another band, who can made it too! Then, what is "successfull"!?

It's my opinion, but I have many friend and they're thinking the same...

And they're musicians too.

so you liked them when they were less technically skilled, and less original? Oh ok.

ROFL: MY FRIENDS A MUSICIAN, AND THEY AGREE TO! And what does that mean? Nothing. I'm a musician too but yet, being one doesn't make my opinion any more or less valuable. Ad populum is one of the worst examples to draw from when trying to set a basis for why you dislike something.

That is all.

Sign in to follow this