Sign in to follow this  
gyakutai

Most overvalued band

Guest o hai itz will
^ You are joking with that last part, because you would know that it is MIKU who sings, lol. xD
oh wow that was a fucking stupid mistake. i apologize. I really have no excuse on account I like An Cafe so much. Sorry.

I don't understand how D'espairsRay are overvalued, considering they've been around for over a decade and have more or less maintained the same dedicated fanbase they've gathered since without it altering drastically, negatively or positively. No one gives a shit about them until they're active overseas or it's the release date of a single/album and D'espairsRay fandom is essentially stagnant the rest of the year, bar the usual group of fan(girls). Especially since they've been so criticised musically lately.

But I suppose that's because I consider overvalued to mean glorifying a band; thinking they receive more praise than is due, that you perceive them to be "too well liked" or held in higher esteem than they ought to be. I think a number of people here are just choosing bands they don't like. Mine

the GazettE

alice nine.

SuG

-OZ-, even though I used to listen to them frequently and still like some of their songs

girugamesh

Mana, moreso than his bands.

really terribad indies band that end up with 200 listeners and any more than five people saying they've "GOT POTENTIAL OMG" or "THEY COULD BE SO BIG HERP DERP"

12012. again, even though I enjoy some of their music.

and all these bands that are doing one-day revivals like anyone really wants them to in the first place. I suspect they're overvaluating themselves.

I'd say any band that gets hyped like crazy without having even released something like 10 songs (the rough equivalent to a full album) is overvalued. Doesn't mean they're bad, a band can have 3 or 4 very good songs, and be rightfully be praised for those songs, but when people pledge undying love to bands that only released one or two singles and declare them their "favourite" bands, that's weird to me.

I understand you, probably because I am one of them. Schwein is one of my favourite band and released only 6 songs. Why I adore them? these 6 songs are really beautiful and I follow Hina since 2008 and Yairi since 2009. CHELSEA was one of my first visual rock band, which I discovered thanks to Dio's erina. Yairi is from berry and °C, an awesome nagoya kei bassist. So, I love them for both their new and past music. so, I don't think it's strange, but I think a person must wait at least 5 songs to judge if the new band of the musician you adore is still great.

I partly agree with this. And I can say that the same applies to me when it comes to cocklobin. The dudes have only released about 15 songs, but I happen to love each and every one. I never get tired from listening to them, and I think that's a good enough reason for them to be considered as one of my "favorite bands". Also, I believe that I've found the band that makes exactly the kind of music that I've been unconsciously searching for, which is yet another reason for me to call them a favorite of mine.

I don't understand how D'espairsRay are overvalued, considering they've been around for over a decade and have more or less maintained the same dedicated fanbase they've gathered since without it altering drastically, negatively or positively. No one gives a shit about them until they're active overseas or it's the release date of a single/album and D'espairsRay fandom is essentially stagnant the rest of the year, bar the usual group of fan(girls). Especially since they've been so criticised musically lately.

Seconded; I think D'espairsRay recieve an equivalent of what they are worth. Not many people (even their huge fans) really give them any kind of unwarranted legendary status or anything remotely similar, but obviously they aren't too far back in the realm of obscurity and plenty of people do appreciate what they make. I think they get enough honest, decent criticism to not be considered "overvalued" at all.

really terribad indies band that end up with 200 listeners and any more than five people saying they've "GOT POTENTIAL OMG" or "THEY COULD BE SO BIG HERP DERP"

D

I don't really see how that makes them overvalued. As you said, it's usually 5 people who don't say anything on any other page with more than 800 listeners. Granted it is annoying, and rather ironic. that a lot of people like that talk shit about anything that actually does well, they really aren't that much of an over-hype inconvenience.

for me overvalued mostly i think it's something that

is veeeery famous and doesn't deserve it

also i read this and xDDD

Anything that's given TOO much hype. The type of thing that, if you see it again, you're liable to check your self into a mental institution

I partly agree with this. And I can say that the same applies to me when it comes to cocklobin. The dudes have only released about 15 songs, but I happen to love each and every one.
Well, I was talking about bands that released roughly 10 songs or less. I'm not even specific about the exact number of songs, but the principle of overhyping bands that formed 2 months ago and released 1 or 2 singles seems pretty common in vk. Heck, you can even find examples of people citing favourite bands that have released exactly 1 (ONE) song.

Eh, I think bands aren't overhyped if they have released about 10 songs. For example GULLET is one of my favourite bands like EVER and they have released 12 songs (okay, it's not under 10 but still). Of course I have stalked their previous members and I have found more great bands that way.

But back to the topic. Dir en grey for sure. They have couple of good songs but I still can't get over the size of their fanbase. If every band whose singer sounds like kyo would have the same fanbase the fire alarm would be the next big hit.

The GazettE. They make the same music as hundreds of others VK bands but still they are much more popular.

UnsraW. I don't really understand this one either. They make very decent music but still they sell.

Many more too but these are the ones who came up to my mind first.

i have seen too people obsessing with bands that have only one song

or no songs at all and i'm like -.-

(cocklobin it's not like this)

only visual kei fans are crazy enough to do this xD.

but also so many artists have awesome ohp. too much caring of how they look- awesome visuals.

but they haven't any songs.and then they disband .-.-

Dir en Grey .... = No Comment. They wannabe an american metal band and they can play 2 chords... it's ridiculous...

the Gazette: Their songs are very similar... almost the same and it's boring, but they're "pretty boys" and many girls like them. I like their older songs...

Alice nine: "We're nice boysssss" image... Pathetic. Like a creepy boyband.

Screw: Gazette copyyyy

I don't really see how that makes them overvalued. As you said, it's usually 5 people...
Because 5 is more than enough to make them overvalued :P
The fact they even have a Last.FM page is enough, lol.

Guest o hai itz will
Dir en Grey .... = No Comment. They wannabe an american metal band and they can play 2 chords... it's ridiculous...

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lol

okay, we get it.

anytime someone says something bad about dir en grey, you disagree.

Let's move on.

forrealz. it's redundant times infinity and pretty sure no1curr anymore. if they ever did.

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lol

20rwk5z.gif

Guest o hai itz will
The AN CAFE FANBOY is laughing, unbelievable.
>implying An Cafe isn't good.

Sign in to follow this