Sign in to follow this  
gyakutai

Most overvalued band

Guest Putra
9 GBO

Not saying they're bad well probably 9GOATS are :/

haha, you listen to fxxxing kpop, and probably the most overvaluated band of all time= MALICE MIZER, and say that 9GOATS is bad???????

first_I_lol__d_but_then_by_Draghonia.jpg

Neophilia
I haven't even heard of this band, lol.
If you saw their page on last.fm, they seem to become quite popoular... but I doubt they will last.

@gaayvis: Seriously dude, stop using those shitty images. They aren't even funny :/ They seem like if you got a picture of a cat from photobucket and just wrote the letters using paint.

Also you shouldn't say anything about MALICE MIZER nor K-pop. You fucking listen to ViViD, Gay Cafe, Alibi, Megamasso, Vistlip just to name a few. People like you can't even comment at all. LOLOLOL

Also you have a download blog. 8=>

Also what the fuck is overvaluated? :huh:

I'm sorry k-pop nor MALICE MIZER arnt sugoeh enuf 4 u :(

Guest Putra
@gaayvis: Seriously dude, stop using those shitty images. They aren't even funny :/ They seem like if you got a picture of a cat from photobucket and just wrote the letters using paint.

Also you shouldn't say anything about MALICE MIZER nor K-pop. You fucking listen to ViViD, Gay Cafe, Alibi, Megamasso, Vistlip just to name a few. People like you can't even comment at all. LOLOLOL

Also you have a download blog. 8=>

Also what the fuck is overvaluated? :huh:

I'm sorry k-pop nor MALICE MIZER arnt sugoeh enuf 4 u :(

LOL, so I can't comment because you don't like ViViD? I've listened to MALICE MIZER and they are crap! And I don't hate MM or Kpop because they aren't ''sugoeh enuf 4 me''. Also Korean Pop is probably the worst music on the planet and if I were like you, I'd say 'You shouldn't say anything about the bands I listen to. You fucking listen to 4minute, 2NE1, Serial NUMBER, Mix Speaker's,Inc. just to name a few. People like you can't even comment at all. LOLOLOL''

Also I have 4~5 downloads in my blog! It's more of a picture and video blog 8=>

And there is no point arguing with you. end of story.

anyways, the bands I think are overrated are:

Sadie- A couple of decent songs- they don't deserve to be so popular

12012- ..yeah

Nega- even though I like many of their songs, they're overrated

Heisei Ishin- pure crap, I can't believe people actually listen to this!

Matenrou Opera- I've listened to them quite a bit, but still don't get why they're so popular.

SCREW- even though they have some good songs , and I actually enjoy most of their music, it isn't that good at all.

Nightmare- with a handful of good songs, and all the rest being crap, they're very overrated

Kra- they are just terrible

Phantasmagoria- I can't believe I actually listened to this crap once!

ClearVeil

ALSDEAD- even though I like F-99, most of the songs aren't anything special

that's all .

EDIT- lol, I forgot to mention UnsraW - I listen(ed) to them, but many of their (especially younger songs) are terrible

And of course the biggest disgrace of all- VAJRA- i hope they disband . They should have 1 play in last.fm, not 20'000

Metallica. No one said anything about only Jap bands, and Metallica is pretty much the most overrated band of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Also, LM.C

Metallica. No one said anything about only Jap bands, and Metallica is pretty much the most overrated band of all time. OF ALL TIME!

THIS!

Along with Nirvana

Guest 膣分泌液
Most japanese bands are completely over valued. Most kids get into J-Rock and VK because supposedly it's different and exotic, when it's all been done before. Bands that are, without a doubt, over valued are:

X Japan (another speed metal hair band)

Sadie (Dir en grey copy and paste band)

the GazettE (Dir en grey roadie band)

Versailles (X Japan wannabe band)

girugamesh (Linkin Park wannabe band)

Loving how you forgot this massive one:

Dir en Grey (Kuroyume roadie band, basically stole their look and sound circa 1994).

But agreed on the others.

Hmm, what exactly are the criteria for determining whether a specific band is overrated or not? Because right now I'm inclined to give the "every single artist that I have ever disliked is completely and utterly overrated" answer, so I'm just a little curious.

Hmm, what exactly are the criteria for determining whether a specific band is overrated or not? Because right now I'm inclined to give the "every single artist that I have ever disliked is completely and utterly overrated" answer, so I'm just a little curious.
I guess you have to just form your own basis for what is "overvalued" since the thread doesn't really narrow down anything. The same discussion was in the "undervalued" thread. I think most people here are basing their opinions on non-Japanese internet popularity, though.

Neophilia
I haven't even heard of this band, lol.
If you saw their page on last.fm, they seem to become quite popoular... but I doubt they will last.
Which is weird, because apparently they only released 3 songs so far.

I'd say any band that gets hyped like crazy without having even released something like 10 songs (the rough equivalent to a full album) is overvalued. Doesn't mean they're bad, a band can have 3 or 4 very good songs, and be rightfully be praised for those songs, but when people pledge undying love to bands that only released one or two singles and declare them their "favourite" bands, that's weird to me.

VAMPS. Pretty sure the only people that like them are Hyde fangirls. Cuz their music is such generic rock shite, it's ridiculous. I was going to compare them to Puddle of Mudd, but then I realized that would be insulting to Puddle of Mudd.

VAMPS. Pretty sure the only people that like them are Hyde fangirls. Cuz their music is such generic rock shite, it's ridiculous. I was going to compare them to Puddle of Mudd, but then I realized that would be insulting to Puddle of Mudd.
Haha, as much as I kind of agree with this statement and used to 100% agree I actually thought their new album BEAST or whatever was considerably better than their first album/singles. It isn't great or anything but a lot less posery 'were rockstars!!' generic shitfest with a few good tunes.

I guess my biggest would obviously be Gazette- not terrible band, but so grossly over-rated.

Most undercode/new indie bands people flock to after releasing one single also.

Girugamesh.

X Japan- urgh

@ Thursday: Agreed, and I think that can apply to a lot of "famous" artist's solo/side projects. :P Even some of the artists I like, I admit probably would not have earned a dime if their name (or the name of their previous band) wasn't already very familiar to me or others.

And I have to concur with Champ's point about Neophilia - it is weird how visual kei people just arbitrarily jump from "favorite band" to "favorite band." Never quite understood why.

from how champ describe overvalue,

then, perhaps a band like Rin are pretty much overvalue?

And also Miku's new band, what's the name again?

All i can think of just CJ7 which is unrelated at all :P

Guest Naru

the gazette and alice nine!

and xjapan

Deathgaze. The forum would explode from a overload if i explained why. The old forum passed away while i was writing about my hatred, true story.

lol, it's because they're so heaaaaavy and daaaaark raaaar. I like a few songs, but mostly they do suck. I can only assume people fap over them because they like noise.

Any of the mediocre mainstream rock acts ex-VK fans tend to worship after their honeymoon period with the scene inevitably ends. The majority of major acts in "real" (lol) Japanese rock suck major ass.

Guest o hai itz will

@ Herpes: Kyo was the only Kuroyume roadie. And I might let it slip if this was oh..you know...1997. But yeah. I can definitely hear the Kuroyume influence in songs like the Zan remake, hageshisa to, and reiketsu nariseba (i.e. all their new material) lol!

Oh and: An Cafe is a great band. They're sort of a guilty pleasure of mine, and are extremely good musicians, Miku's voice just happens to irk me occasionally.

I'd say any band that gets hyped like crazy without having even released something like 10 songs (the rough equivalent to a full album) is overvalued. Doesn't mean they're bad, a band can have 3 or 4 very good songs, and be rightfully be praised for those songs, but when people pledge undying love to bands that only released one or two singles and declare them their "favourite" bands, that's weird to me.

I understand you, probably because I am one of them. Schwein is one of my favourite band and released only 6 songs. Why I adore them? these 6 songs are really beautiful and I follow Hina since 2008 and Yairi since 2009. CHELSEA was one of my first visual rock band, which I discovered thanks to Dio's erina. Yairi is from berry and °C, an awesome nagoya kei bassist. So, I love them for both their new and past music. so, I don't think it's strange, but I think a person must wait at least 5 songs to judge if the new band of the musician you adore is still great.

Sign in to follow this