Aw man, I was hoping I'd get to hear it. Then again, I want to hear the whole song so I suppose it's not a total loss. 3 days until the single release!

Just listened to the new song now and... wow... it was pretty fuckin' amazing. It's been the first time I've listened to them since DPP was released and I'd have to say I'm really impressed with the direction they're taking things. Now I just have to see if there's any way I can make it back from my winter vacation in time to fly to Cali for their concert.

@Wicked Teletubby. As long as you post it in a PM it wouldn't hurt. No linking on the forum itself. If you're providing links I'd like one :D

Storytime isn't anything special.

It's a very predictable easy listening single with boring guitars (but Nightwish always has boring guitars) but with a catchy melody. It's much like what Amaranth was for Dark Passion Play but I think I prefer Amaranth still...

But we all know Nightwish almost always comes with predictable singles to gain some radio plays and attention from the mainstream music magazines, reviewers, websites etc, and the full albums turn out to have much more interesting music on them.

If you think Storytime is "amazing", the rest of the album will most likely be even better.

I like it. It's like Nightwish did a personality interview with me and based the concept of Storytime on me.

I totally loved the single. while I do admit it sounds like a good ol' Nightwish mixed up (Master Passion Greed, The Escapist, etc.) it sounds really fresh to me. a catchy and happy (?) tune with a bit of a circus madness (video anyone?).

I had to listen to this one to understand I got tired of just sad and bombast Nightwish. I needed a bit more cheer up and I got it. I also found Anette sounding like ABBA in her lower part. like getting back to roots or something.

anyways, the single is due out tomorrow in Finland which means we get a high quality tracks. also, the video will be premiering tomorrow, too.

I'll keep this thread updated.

All Hail Nightwish! :300::rawk::domo:

I know she had a second child about a year ago so that probably attributes to it a little. I watched it as soon as I woke up though so I wasn't paying attention to that at all.

^ Haha! It's true though, she gave birth to her second child a few months ago. She might have some trouble losing the kilos, or maybe because the touring started way too fast. Sharon den Adel from Within Temptation had her third child somewhere in May, so they delayed the start of their tour from March to mid August, mainly because the baby wasn't planned. When I saw her last week, she had her great figure back. Nightwish, however, only had about 2 months before they started doing a Finnish tour again, so that might also be the cause.

Is Anette supposed to look like a cross between Maleficent, Tarja, and Stolen Baby's vocalist?

"Storytime" was okay. I find it very hard to get into most of Nightwish's stuff, so I'm surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. "Amaranth" is still my favorite song by them.

this is gonna be interesting for those imagineers in the US.

yet another nice edition of an album to preorder. this bundle comes from Roadrunner and includes:

CD1 - original album, CD2 - instrumental album, four exclusive digital tracks, iRum tee and a signed lithograph.

plus you get the bundle shipped to you on 12.06.2011 (a month before the actual US release)

and a chance to win a ticket for the first iRum show at Gibson Amphitheatre in LA.

and here are the digital tracks coming only with preordering of this very bundle:

01. Storytime (Demo w/ Marco Hietala Vocals)

02. I Want My Tears Back (Demo)

03. Slow, Love, Slow (Demo)

04. The Crow, The Owl And The Dove (Demo)

everything's here

I've just heard 30 second samples of all the tracks and I should say,

you guys are ABSOLUTELY unprepared for this.

this shit will fuck you up, I fucking swear on that.

seriously. 30 second baaaad quality samples have torn me apart.

Anette did not just incredibly great job. she's perfect.

oh gawd, thank you Tuomas for firing Tarja!

I will not listen to any more previews until the album drops. I want to be as unprepared as possible for this. Listening to Storytime was like unwrapping one present the night before Christmas. I got a taste of what's coming but I don't want to spoil the rest.