Which band is better?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which band is better?

• 1. Versailles
    • 2. Lareine

Versailles

VS.

Lareine

Ok, the battle is on! KAMIJO ON BOTH SIDES! Which band do you think is better AND WHY?

Lareine, because Never Cage

Never Cage is just one of the best VK-albums ever made imo. Versailles is also really cool in their early stage, but somehow their music lasted too long. Why not quit with songs that last 4/5 minutes... and even now I like listening to songs as Gipsy, Knight & Priest, Metamorphose etcetera...

Lareine imo leaned more on a more happy/catchy tune, whereas Versailles more leaned on the guitarsolos, of what I can remember now so on the top of my head...

[edit]

simply put, I have better memories of Lareine than I have of Versailles

I picked Versailles because well Lareine isn't really my thing. And Versailles did make JUBILEE.

I pick Versailles because they're 100% more powerful than Lareine. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Lareine fan, but they don't get me excited nearly as much as Versailles does. Their music is if I want to chill out. Versailles is to get me pumped and excited and... let's face it, out of bed in the morning.

Both bands have amazing guitarists (in different ways of course), but for me, Versailles' music is a bit more consistent. Some people might interpret that as "derp, all their songs sound the same" but shush your mouth. At their high points, both bands are excellent. Feerie, Gerbe, Metamorphose, Beast of Desire, God Palace, Prince, etc. Versailles AND Lareine have made some of my favorite songs.

In the end, I think Versailles wins, just by a bit. I never got into Lareine's entire discog like I did for Versailles. Not to mention, I generally like Kamijo's vocals better in Versailles (minus the occasional exception: his most recent shouty vocals). However, I appreciate both bands and I'm glad that Kamijo was a part of both.

I pick Versailles, simply because 1) they've been a very important band to me pretty much since I was newbie Japanese music fan, 2) I enjoy the symphonic metal thing they've got going on, even though that's not always my favorite genre of music, and 3) they have Teru.

Kamijo is alright, but I never liked him enough to get into Lareine. I heard Versailles first, so I just can't get used to how his voice sounded back then.

LAREINE, no doubt. Besides the nostalgia factor, their music just sounds more... organic to me? I don't know. Versailles just never really did it for me the way LAREINE did with songs like GRAND PAIN, Kaze no yuuwaku, Je t'aime, Bara wa utsukushiku chiru and the entire Never Cage album. Also they had Mayu.

Versailles, they're also a important band for me when getting into the Japanese music scene, the only band I've EVER been to a concert, and I like their music more than LAREInE's.

I love both, but I'd have to say Versailles for me. They completely changed my outlook on music and have affected my life more than anything else I've listened to. They were also my first real concert that I've been to.

Sure, they have fallen off a bit in recent releases, but that doesn't mean I can forget all of the good I saw in them.

It took me a while to get into Lareine, and even now I still haven't listened to everything they've ever released. They are very different, had cooler costumes, and were much more fruitful, but I feel like a lot of their recent fans only like them as a rebellious reaction to Versailles' last album. "Trailer," "Dir en Grey," "Dress Code," "Solitude," "Metamorphose," and "Ao No Soukutsu" are some of my favorites.

I picked Lareine because all their music is beautiful and nostalgic, also they had a story with great costumes.

I never get tired of hearing their music.

Love their world of romance! ^-^

Versailles is a close second because even though their music is awesome I couldn't get into them as much as I did with Lareine.

Versailles. The reason being because I love everyone in Versailles...except Kamijo.

Silent Knight is my favorite song by Versailles, though I prefer to call it Silent Kamjio. I also like Ascendead Master cause he didn't get too ambitious with the vocals like he has a tendency to do, but I really can't get into his voice. It's just...like...not good. This is the exact same problem I had with Yama-B in Galneryus, but he was actually a good singer. The cheesy power metal style vocals, especially in English, just weren't doing him any favors.

Lareine is also like...really old school in a way that I never got into.

So yeah. Versailles.

Versailles. It's simple. Because of their power (Noble), because of the idea, classic inspirations with metal sounding (really good), Kamijo doesn't sing with a falsetto and.. Yea. Teru's Libido *.*

Lareine is just some amazing shit. Not only they were good at what they were doing but I'd also say they were a lot more varied. Just on "The Last of Romance" album there were lots of different music styles going on. From freakin' lambada on emeraude to some bossa mixed with french stuff on パリは秋色 and the list goes on.

While listening to Lareine I'd just get surprised on every track. With Versailles I have to search for actual good tracks on their discography, because there's really few tracks I like. Versailles just made me so bored that I took really long to actually try Lareine. Before actually listening I imagined they would sound just like a 90's Versailles. In the end, I was really wrong, thank God.

It has to be LAREINE for me. I don't like Versailles personally. LAREINE have this magical atmosphere to their music. Mayu in particular made the band shine, talented guitarist/composer. I also preferred how Kamijo sang in LAREINE, lol. I know not a lot of people do, but i do so. Their whole concept, costumes and music appealed to me more than Versailles. LAREINE were special.

Lareine is just some amazing shit. Not only they were good at what they were doing but I'd also say they were a lot more varied. Just on "The Last of Romance" album there were lots of different music styles going on. From freakin' lambada on emeraude to some bossa mixed with french stuff on パリは秋色 and the list goes on.

Yes, their music was more diverse than Versailles.

On 1 hand, Kamijo's voice got better in Versailles, IMO. But on the other hand, every single Versailles song started sounding the same to me. So I voted for Lareine because I find them more entertaining overall.

I picked Lareine because they were ~*~fabulous~*~

yes, that, precisely XD

Of course Versailles...

I don't really into LAREINE's music except Bara wa Utsukushiku Chiru... That's my favorites...

But, Versailles with JUBILEE is really blow me and of course MASQUERADE the real one that win my heart

I say Versailles, even though I haven't listened to much of their songs. But the few I know where pretty good especially in comparison to Lareine's work. I just can't stand romantic and calm music and most of Lareine's stuff makes me want to sleep. Well, tastes are different...

Sign in to follow this