Sign in to follow this  
madygrain

CD/DVD coordination thread proposal

This idea was welcome in other suggestion post, so I will repost it here and see what other people and the admins think.

So, maybe we could set up a "order coordination post" so people willing to share announce what CD's are they going to buy so other interested fans can react and coordinate with them so we can know wich songs are going to be uploaded to the forum and increase the chance of getting b-sides/DVDs and such?

It would be ideal if it somehow intereact with the request subforum.

Also, maybe we could have a post so people willing to share lists their collection so uploads/reuploads can be requested? It may be too much.

Guest Magatsu

I also like the idea.

I'm going to develop my idea a little more.

We would be talking about two posts.

The first one would be one that could be called "Purchases coordination thread". There the users willing to share would anounce wich CD or DVD are they buying so others could decide wich one to buy in order to get all release types or to let the users know wich songs will be uploaded so they can react consecuenly if they want to.

I thought this would be somehow related to the request forum so people requesting could know wich CDs or DVDs actually have to be requested. But since the content of the post are not request themselves maybe it's not correct to have it there. Maybe it could be a sub forum of the request one? This way we could have monthly threads about purchase intentions so it could be more organized. I really don't know how could it work better.

The second one would be something like "MH collections thread". Each user willing to upload would post their CD/DVD list. As I inmagine it, people could request uploads to the owner via PM. As the owner uploads, a link you be posted on his post so anyone can download it. Also it dosen't bother the owner requiring him or her to upload their entire list right away. Also, requesting via PM and not on the thread itself would keep it cleaner so anyone can use their word search feature on their browser.

What do you guys think?

Guest Magatsu

yes, but I still think that people still can decide if they will upload it yes or no.

Or maybe people just should write in the list if they will upload that album/single and in what bitrate they will share.

I got plenty CD's but since I know some artist like "Zwecklos, Remnant, Calmando Qual, Sound Bee" it's not very social to upload them for everybody without their own permission.

This is a great idea.

I've been wondering if M-H could do something along these lines after sixblacknine and I ended up purchasing the same version of HERO's new single and it seems like no one else has purchased a different version.

And now that vistlip has announced a new single with four versions... I'd love to try coordinating with other people who are interested in purchasing it.

yes, but I still think that people still can decide if they will upload it yes or no.

Or maybe people just should write in the list if they will upload that album/single and in what bitrate they will share.

Also, I agree that we should include what bitrate is willing to be shared. Plus, for CD+DVD versions, if the DVD is going to be shared (and in which format).

As for deciding whether to upload something or not... personally, I feel that if someone says they're purchasing something or they have a certain CD, they should be willing to share it. If they're not willing to share, then they should not mention having or purchasing it. That way everything is kept clean, clear and simple (hopefully).

Ok. I plan to make a monthly CD/DVD Purchase-Upload intention thread, begining Sept. 1st. Will be on the request subforum. I will also make a collection share post on the same date on the main downloads main forum. Let's see how it goes.

Awesome Idea !

maybe we should may write allways the monthly CD releases down... and there should be like a button.. I GONNA ORDER THAT... and than you can see ah this user will order this release and this version...

or something like that ^^°

Sign in to follow this